Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Apr 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3632802)   #426
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
She'll be the brad kettler for Bentley. Not for one team, but for the manufacturer that sells race cars to multiple teams. This dp nonsense is nonsense.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3632804)   #427
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
You forgot that Bentley, like Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini, are involved in GT3 customer programs. Quoting DSC:

"Leena is known to be bound for a motorsport role with Bentley on their customer programmes, not with MSport, and specifically NOT linked with any future programmes, but rather in a managerial role."
Old 15 Apr 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3633073)   #428
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More clarification on the DPi / P2 from Atherton.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12826...=1&limitstart=

L.P.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3633077)   #429
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would put that ["DPi" in LMP1 privateer] in the category of an interesting idea that is certainly worthy of more thought and discovery.

No it isn't Scotty.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3633080)   #430
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
You know that's exactly what's gonna end up happening.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3633086)   #431
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Sadly, yep.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3633103)   #432
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scott Atherton says "If history is our guide, looking at what IMSA has accomplished in truly balancing the very diversified Daytona Prototype architecture with the equally diversified current LMP2 architecture, as I say, we are confident that that is not an issue."

Of course it has never been an issue ... because you have never given a $h!7.

Can you believe Scott A. thinks balancing DPs with P2s is not an issue?

I can ... the phrase is, "Par for the course."
Old 16 Apr 2016, 02:11 (Ref:3633165)   #433
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Scott Atherton says "If history is our guide, looking at what IMSA has accomplished in truly balancing the very diversified Daytona Prototype architecture with the equally diversified current LMP2 architecture, as I say, we are confident that that is not an issue."

Of course it has never been an issue ... because you have never given a $h!7.

Can you believe Scott A. thinks balancing DPs with P2s is not an issue?

I can ... the phrase is, "Par for the course."
He's been a moron for years. It will be a good day when the brass finally boots him to the curb. I enjoyed his multiple usage of the phrase, "enables manufacturers to bring brand design," when it's really "demands manufacturers to bring brand design."
Old 16 Apr 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3633168)   #434
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
IMSA keeps him around because Jim and Don know that he'll do and say what they pay him to do, or he knows that he gets a fat check by doing/saying what France and Panoz tell him.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3633173)   #435
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope dpi and lmp-private aligns. But I hope regs are based more on the latter. This way we can say lmp1 is in imsa, but I don't expect any miracles.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3633316)   #436
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I would put that ["DPi" in LMP1 privateer] in the category of an interesting idea that is certainly worthy of more thought and discovery.

No it isn't Scotty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
In that article he also states that the Gibson powered "regular" P2's will be the baseline for performance of the DPi's. So why would he think the cars should be with a supposedly faster class at Le Mans instead of with the P2's that they are supposed to be on par with?

Say what you will about Atherton, but having a job like that would be pretty awesome. I mean you get to go out in the press and say what you want and not be held accountable!
Old 16 Apr 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3633327)   #437
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He also first describes LMP1 as "solely focused on manufacturer involvement" only to later recognize privateers as part of it and potentially "elegant" companion to the "DPi" (of course only outside his own series), despite saying in the same sentence not really having looked into it at all. Everything contradicts everything
Old 16 Apr 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3633345)   #438
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would certainly have to agree with Chiana . Mr. " A's " News / PR/ Interview Release does seem to hold a LOT of CONTRADICTIONS Does anyone really have the final SAY ?? or is this more continuing FLUFF and CONFUSION ??
Old 16 Apr 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3633381)   #439
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
IMSA keeps him around because Jim and Don know that he'll do and say what they pay him to do, or he knows that he gets a fat check by doing/saying what France and Panoz tell him.
He says everything by saying nothing. I read the opening salvo, and was like... holy crap. Marshall actually got him to talk, and that quickly devolved into Atherton-speak quickly.

With the ELMS and WEC back on this weekend, I doubt I'll care much about the LBGP. I caught the interview with Auberlen last night, and was irritated beyond words when he was "so excited" about how good the illegal, can't be raced anywhere but IMSA BMW, is.

Time and time again, IMSA is hell bent on shooting themselves in the foot. They have an amazing opportunity to build a series that could have significant impact on the world racing community, and what do they do? Do their own thing and screw it all up.

I'm not suggesting that Spec P2 is the way, but, there is ZERO need to maintain a link to France and the ACO if you are purposefully going to just "do your own thing" all the time.

My interest is beginning to wane again with IMSA.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 16 Apr 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3633405)   #440
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
.... or is this more continuing FLUFF and CONFUSION ??
Mr. Atherton's lips are moving ... he is therefore spewing Fluff and Confusion.

As for what IMSA Could be: I am watching ELMS, which is a bunch of P2s, P3s, and GTEs ... and it rocks. Everything from the announcers to the on-track action ... just a great show. I keep thinking, "This is what IMSA could be."
Old 16 Apr 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3633408)   #441
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As for what IMSA Could be: I am watching ELMS, which is a bunch of P2s, P3s, and GTEs ... and it rocks. Everything from the announcers to the on-track action ... just a great show. I keep thinking, "This is what IMSA could be."
I've been thinking the same while watching this race. Much more exciting than a typical IMSA race.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 16:41 (Ref:3633412)   #442
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
where to watch guys?

jimclark
Old 16 Apr 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3633419)   #443
Maelochs
Veteran

European le Mans Series website ... free of charge
Old 16 Apr 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3633466)   #444
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Quote:
Mr. Atherton's lips are moving ... he is therefore spewing Fluff and Confusion.

Maelochs : I could NOT agree with you more P2 , P3 , GTE and GT3 are what makes the show NO PC's PLEASE I do have to admit if I am there for more than a day I DO watch the Conti Event .it IS a race after all !!!

Having been involved with John and Peggy Bishop from the Launch of IMSA they must be Spinning in their Graves . Down through the years as IMSA has been bought and Sold SO many times I have figured to give the NEW OWNERS 2-3 years to sort everything out Such a shame they just don,t GET IT from a Fans Perspective .

Without the fans perspective of consideration in place WHERE is the NEW FANS interest going to come from .???

Don't even get me started on a Sponsors perspective either . We had a
Global Corporation set to enter the Market to run a few IMSA events , 4 NAEC , 3 ELMS events and 3 possibly 4 WEC events .Yes the $$$ 's were large but it was precisely IMSA's Attitude that made the deal go away .

THANKS : Scot Atherton How many times has this happened ? Wether competitors are competing with you Full or Partime can you seriously afford to even loose a Part-Timer ?
Old 16 Apr 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3633473)   #445
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Maelochs : I could NOT agree with you more P2 , P3 , GTE and GT3 are what makes the show NO PC's PLEASE I do have to admit if I am there for more than a day I DO watch the Conti Event .it IS a race after all !!!
Why wouldn't you? Conti provides some great racing.

Quote:
Having been involved with John and Peggy Bishop from the Launch of IMSA they must be Spinning in their Graves . Down through the years as IMSA has been bought and Sold SO many times I have figured to give the NEW OWNERS 2-3 years to sort everything out Such a shame they just don,t GET IT from a Fans Perspective .
They don't WANT to get it. They just want the corporate cash, and no NASCAR competition.

Quote:
Without the fans perspective of consideration in place WHERE is the NEW FANS interest going to come from .???
Hope and luck? I have no idea. The WEC has done it right. IMSA is doing it wrong per normal.

Quote:
THANKS : Scott Atherton How many times has this happened ? Wether competitors are competing with you Full or Partime can you seriously afford to even loose a Part-Timer ?
You can't afford to lose anyone, yet, you do little to gain.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 16 Apr 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3633503)   #446
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They can keep p3 and pc. Just do dpi as a p1 type deal and then use the leftovers as p2 combined with upgraded pc.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3633520)   #447
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, how melodramatic. We don't even know what these cars are going to look like and everybody is complaining.

You know, they could just get rid of prototypes and just be all GT. Suddenly with all this political crap going with this P class, going GT would probably make more financial sense.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3633608)   #448
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
You know, they could just get rid of prototypes and just be all GT. Suddenly with all this political crap going with this P class, going GT would probably make more financial sense.
Create Super GT3/New!GT1/whatever you'd prefer to call it and IMSA would have a perfect alternative.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 03:59 (Ref:3633612)   #449
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Super GT3 ? New GT`1 ? I got to lay down my head is spinning

How about FAST Sportscars 1 and Faster Sportscars 2
Old 17 Apr 2016, 04:45 (Ref:3633614)   #450
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Super GT3 ? New GT`1 ? I got to lay down my head is spinning

How about FAST Sportscars 1 and Faster Sportscars 2
Do have a seriously better suggestion for a name?

Those are just a couple of names used by people who like the idea of an "upgraded" GT3 like the one that Super GT was supposedly planning when it was rumored they were going to split from the DTM rulebook unification. The names aren't meant to be descriptive or even official-sounding - they're just meant to make clear what someone is talking about.

Nobody is actively developing a concept for such a class(to my knowledge, anyway), but quite a few people(including many a racecar engineer) are quite in favor of the notion of building a higher-tier class using GT3 as a base.