Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Oct 2011, 03:18 (Ref:2972399)   #426
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rather Toyota, or some Delta Schwing's? I think they would take a backseat for the biggest car company in the world. If not them, something/someone else. I am speculating when this will be revealed, Tokyo Motor Show?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 03:48 (Ref:2972406)   #427
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
To be seen I suppose, but it could be beneficial to not be part of the championship if that means no testing restrictions and no engine change restrictions.
I disregarded them since they're not known at this point if there even are going to be any.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 08:50 (Ref:2972498)   #428
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
FYI Toyota Le Mans Project details (Racecar Engineering)

Very little real/new information, except that they will probably use lithium polymer battery cells and not supercaps.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2972658)   #429
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
FYI Toyota Le Mans Project details (Racecar Engineering)

Very little real/new information, except that they will probably use lithium polymer battery cells and not supercaps.
Any idea what the first picture in the article is of? It appears to be an LMP engine cover painted in the Toyota colors.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2972659)   #430
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More details will be in Sport Auto magazine in Germany. I hope they will run it as a Lexus
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2972661)   #431
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Even if Toyota has to skip Sebring (and if also Spa), would they still apply for full season entry in WEC to get classified in the manufacturer's championship?
not yet decided. But I think they probably will (why not?)
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2972663)   #432
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Quote:
@collins, perhaps you heard the engine in the TMG Lexus LS? Maybe there's more to that engine?
No it was small and high revving
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2972666)   #433
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Quote:
And I do want to see one all Japanese driver car from Toyota
Not sure you will - but there will be lots of Japanese drivers. I expect Lotterer, Couto, Ara, Ito, Nakajima, Hirate and then a smattering of others, Trulli for Le Mans only would not be a shock, Imperatori, Orime, Saga, and Kunimoto could all get a look in. Also be interesting to see if Kobayashi would get the call - seems outlandish.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2972671)   #434
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Not sure you will - but there will be lots of Japanese drivers. I expect Lotterer, Couto, Ara, Ito, Nakajima, Hirate and then a smattering of others, Trulli for Le Mans only would not be a shock, Imperatori, Orime, Saga, and Kunimoto could all get a look in. Also be interesting to see if Kobayashi would get the call - seems outlandish.
Can't wait to see the sorts of laptimes these drivers (and the car) can turn.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2972760)   #435
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have been discussing this at mulsannescorner facebook. I am wary after the toyota F1 and the toyota GTone non event toyota might build big guns and dome makesa good car but toyota spent alot of money got many good people but got little in return for it all. They have some good tech and proven stuff from a previous 24 hour race in the V8 hybrid supra but we will have to see what happens they need an army. More capable like rebellion to take it to the top diesels, maybe try Oreca they did so well with the viper program surely they haven't forgot how to win.??
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2972873)   #436
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota have resorces, mainly money- that can persuade people from other teams to join them. Like pit crew, mechanics etc. They're not new to this. They don't need an army, they have paid close attention to LeMans, they also have Rebellion using they're engines. Surely they have confidence, why else would they enter?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2972887)   #437
DeutschRenn
Rookie

DeutschRenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exscuse my barging in here but Andre Lotterer is German not japanese.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2972890)   #438
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschRenn View Post
Exscuse my barging in here but Andre Lotterer is German not japanese.
Try telling that to the ACO.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2972898)   #439
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
No it was small and high revving
2L turbo ?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2972914)   #440
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interesting thing about the Racecar Engineering article is that the program is only confirmed for 2012. I don't think many of us expect this to be just a 1 year program, but is it possible that the factory team will run this car for a year or two before making the package a privateer option sold by TMG ala the HPD ARX-01/03?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2972916)   #441
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A state-of-the-art hybrid system is probably not privateer friendly. For instance, the batteries of F1 KERS systems are very expansive (because of their packaging constraints) and have to be replaced very often.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2972920)   #442
DeutschRenn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Andre's listed as japanese? well isnt that silly.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2972931)   #443
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Even though he's driving with Japanese licence, that might not be enough for Toyota to put him in the all Japanese drivers car (if they'll have such).
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2972936)   #444
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
A state-of-the-art hybrid system is probably not privateer friendly. For instance, the batteries of F1 KERS systems are very expansive (because of their packaging constraints) and have to be replaced very often.
State of the art or not, privateers are going to have to use useful hybrid systems sooner or later. This just means that the cost of racing in P1 will go up, but maybe teams will still take on the challenge.

Of course, I guess a privateer package could be made without the hybrid or with a milder hybrid. I'm not sure if there would be much interest in that though in 2014 and beyond.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2972940)   #445
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschRenn View Post
Andre's listed as japanese? well isnt that silly.
He has a Japanese license.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2972942)   #446
DeutschRenn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
He has a Japanese license.

sorry im not sure? do you mean racing license? or drivers license? thats not surprising he lives in japan, and could pass as a japanese for that matter.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2972971)   #447
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
They should change the way they show the flags on tv. It's just confusing (and not only for the average viewers).
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2972974)   #448
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Of course, I guess a privateer package could be made without the hybrid or with a milder hybrid. I'm not sure if there would be much interest in that though in 2014 and beyond.
In 2014, with the fuel efficiency rules (i.e., completely free engine and hybrid configuration) and the (semi-)commitment of 4 manufacturers (Audi, Peugeot, Porsche, Toyota), LMP1 might become a spending war. So there will probably be very little room for privateers.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2972976)   #449
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
The interesting thing about the Racecar Engineering article is that the program is only confirmed for 2012. I don't think many of us expect this to be just a 1 year program, but is it possible that the factory team will run this car for a year or two before making the package a privateer option sold by TMG ala the HPD ARX-01/03?
"Initially the programme is only confirmed for the 2012 season"

This will probably be cleared when they announce the other details.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2972982)   #450
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Any idea what the first picture in the article is of? It appears to be an LMP engine cover painted in the Toyota colors.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...G-EV-P001.html

Saw this on another forum, but would have been one my guesses too.