Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Dec 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2602410)   #426
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep ..... cheers Graham .

It also might be Harold Primats chassis with himself doing the driving .

Wernt the KplusK Saleens owned by an American dude too ?
Old 19 Dec 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2602439)   #427
Dartguy
Rookie

Dartguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yep ..... cheers Graham .

It also might be Harold Primats chassis with himself doing the driving .

Wernt the KplusK Saleens owned by an American dude too ?
Wow, Badger! 8200+ posts. Lot's of hot air to share with the world!
Old 19 Dec 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2602447)   #428
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh no ..... Ive been found !!!

If hot air is what you want , you should fit in quite well dude
Old 19 Dec 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2602524)   #429
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Signature Plus to run Lola-AMR in 2010 - Click.
Great news. Now if we can just block the Peugeot diesel racing, we might actually be on for an interesting season!
Old 21 Dec 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2603116)   #430
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aston Martin works squad sitting out 2010:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80632
Old 21 Dec 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2603197)   #431
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Aston Martin works squad sitting out 2010:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80632
And the news we have all been dreading

Quote:
French team Signature-Plus has announced that it will run at least one of the cars in the LMP1 class of the Le Mans 24 Hours and Le Mans Series next season, driven by Pierre Ragues and Franck Mailleux.
I give it 2 rounds before the car is written off.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2603274)   #432
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet they'll still do Le Mans though.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2603330)   #433
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strakka officially confirm a switch to P-2 with an Acura ARX-01c from HPD. Details at DSC.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2603350)   #434
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like 2010 is shaping up to be quite a good year so far, LMP2 looks the absolute business so far, can not wait to see the Strakka Acura. Will Embassy be racing the full season in 2010 with the WF01?
It was great to see it screaming around silverstone, it was certainly louder than anything else out there...
Old 21 Dec 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2603379)   #435
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Strakka officially confirm a switch to P-2 with an Acura ARX-01c from HPD. Details at DSC.
Full details on their website: Strakka Racing
Old 21 Dec 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2603387)   #436
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From what I understand, the Signature Plus Lola Aston Martin will be a brand new chassis complete with 2010 updates (so purchased rather than leased). The team expect delivery in mid-January.

That still leaves the three 2009 Lola Aston Martin's. Another three car AMR assault on Le Mans next year?
Old 21 Dec 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2603391)   #437
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be great
Old 21 Dec 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2603422)   #438
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
That still leaves the three 2009 Lola Aston Martin's. Another three car AMR assault on Le Mans next year?
I think thats what I'd expect. Another finish behind the diesels will give them more Amo to through at the ACO and also stay on their radar.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2603424)   #439
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to that, I wonder what Gulf will make of their sponsorship only covering one race? Perhaps the Signature car will carry Gulf colours?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2603471)   #440
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
Further to that, I wonder what Gulf will make of their sponsorship only covering one race? Perhaps the Signature car will carry Gulf colours?
I suspect Gulf will regard Le Mans as effectively paying all the bills. My understanding is, in any case, that the total amounts from Gulf weren't enormous to start with.

Can't help thinking that with the works Lola Astons not doing a full season, and all the questions about Pescarolo the series is being presented on a plate to Oreca with their 908. Would obviously be delighted if the likes of Rebellion take it to them, but optimisim's not as high as I'd like it to be.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2603482)   #441
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I suspect Gulf will regard Le Mans as effectively paying all the bills. My understanding is, in any case, that the total amounts from Gulf weren't enormous to start with.

Can't help thinking that with the works Lola Astons not doing a full season, and all the questions about Pescarolo the series is being presented on a plate to Oreca with their 908. Would obviously be delighted if the likes of Rebellion take it to them, but optimisim's not as high as I'd like it to be.
I am sure that the decision to run the schedule they are doing in 2010 was made in concert with Gulf. I'm sure they would have got more exposure if they ponied up more cash!

Besides, we know that sponsor's ROI is probably not as good as it should be in the LMS.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2603610)   #442
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Kolles back with two cars, also for the IC
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2603675)   #443
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I wonder where its qualifying races will be??
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2603715)   #444
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Full details on their website: Strakka Racing
Will that be the same car as Highcroft is running in the ALMS - I should say, are they going to get the engine upgrade like Highcroft?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2603730)   #445
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
From what I understand, the Signature Plus Lola Aston Martin will be a brand new chassis complete with 2010 updates (so purchased rather than leased). The team expect delivery in mid-January.

FUNDAMENTAL CORRECTION (courtesy of DSC):

This is apparently NOT an all new chassis. It is (according to DSC) one of the three 2009 factory cars.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2603752)   #446
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Hmm, I do not see where it says 2 cars.(?) And at lest one of the cars is/was for sale here , so I suspect it will be a single entry. Also, didn't one of their drivers just have a test ride with Dyson?

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2603758)   #447
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Caption under the photo says in the original : "Auch 2010 werden die Audi R10 von Dr. Colin Kolles rollen"

The article die indicates in German the plural. It was obviously lost in translation.

Even if Kolles sold the one car, that doesn't say that they can't run two cars, IIRC Audi retained one of the latest spec R10s for comparative testing against the R15 well into 2009. Maybe they got their hands on that car?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2603776)   #448
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, I do not see where it says 2 cars.(?) And at lest one of the cars is/was for sale here , so I suspect it will be a single entry. Also, didn't one of their drivers just have a test ride with Dyson?

L.P.
Cant imagine why that test ever happened ?

Merick didnt exactly set the track on fire , and Dyson is rumoured to be slimming his opp down to a single entry . He probably could still have Leitzinger for the enduors , and Franchitti .

As far as i know its Dyson-Smith for the single car entry .
Old 22 Dec 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2603795)   #449
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Merick didnt exactly set the track on fire , and Dyson is rumoured to be slimming his opp down to a single entry . He probably could still have Leitzinger for the enduors , and Franchitti .

I feel rather dubious about that rumor.

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2603820)   #450
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Would Meyrick bring any sponsorship? If there's been speculation about Dyson cutting back to a single car, might there be a need for extra sponsorship for the second car?