Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Sep 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2766664)   #426
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First season done on 20% distance, i absolutely love this game!!!!

Finished 7th in drivers and constructors which is about right, i have it set really tough and the sense of achievement in my Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious is just great
Old 29 Sep 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2766669)   #427
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this worth purchasing despite all the bugs? or should i wait 'til next October?
Old 29 Sep 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2766725)   #428
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post
Is this worth purchasing despite all the bugs? or should i wait 'til next October?
For me anyway, i have had no major issues that have taken any enjoyment away.

I have had maybe 3 puntures all season, the pit bug isn't an issue, u just need to time ur stops correctly, not at the same time as the rest of the field.

Touch wood, i have no issues with game saves etc and have really enjoyed the racing on and offline.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2766730)   #429
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
BTW, The Abu Dhabi GP is awesome, the sunlight in ur face into one of the heavy breaking zones is great, the huge cruise ship off to the right, all the mad buildings and a cracking, flowing track, that i happened to get a podium on!!!!!
Old 29 Sep 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2766736)   #430
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be trying some more later tonight
Old 29 Sep 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2766750)   #431
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
will be trying some more later tonight
Stick with it mate
Old 29 Sep 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2766764)   #432
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It depends. I mean, if you can ignore some pretty major bugs and some gamebreaking and unpatchable game engine faults then it's alright.

But for me personally it is hard to take the game seriously when you pick up on certain aspects.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2766778)   #433
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd also say if you enjoy racing online then yes. You get some lap time glitches online and the penalty system is pretty annoying, but for the most part it's brilliant. If you're likely to focus on single player however, it's hard to recommend as it depends on how many bugs you encounter. I've not had many myself, but many others have had loads.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2766789)   #434
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BBTXpeGQs
Old 29 Sep 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2766808)   #435
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
This is definately turning into a "dislike F1 2010" thread

If we had videos of every little hic up and frame jump in every game, non of us would even own consoles.

For those reading this who haven't bought it, it is knowhere near as bad as its being made out on here!!

Its a bloody good fun game and thoroughly immersive!!
Old 29 Sep 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2766857)   #436
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Seems strange. I've not got a machine that can run it ATM, so I've got to see what it'll be like when it's been patched once or twice, so it's likely to be a buy by that time.

Codies seems very competent, and AI engines CAN be fixed with patches, Valve has proven that by adding difficulties over the original Easy, Normal, Hard and Insane (Alien Swarm). Yes, its' not a quick fix, but it's possible.

NB: I'm not buying the 360 version, because, like my other multi platform racers, I plan to play it 8 years down the line in better quality as they have confirmed a DX11 patch once they've fixed the bugs for the PC version (I still play the CTDPF195 mod for F12002, so I'll keep with that).
Old 29 Sep 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2766871)   #437
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post

If we had videos of every little hic up and frame jump in every game, non of us would even own consoles.

For those reading this who haven't bought it, it is knowhere near as bad as its being made out on here!!

Some of us enjoy different levels of realism.

Quote:
Finished 7th in drivers and constructors which is about right, i have it set really tough and the sense of achievement in my Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious is just great
This proves it.

For some of us, the sense of achievement comes knowing you have worked towards something and achieved it fairly, not through having to work around a bunch of glitches. For example, no amount of fine tuning your car will move you up the grid in qualifying as much as waiting in the pit lane until the end of the session and posting a lap so late that the AI can't rubber band the results in time. That, to me, stinks.

You have to plan every single session you participate in to avoid the glitches, nothing else. For example, waiting late in qualifying to avoid the unfair rubber banding, timing your pit stop in the race not for any sort of tyre strategy, but rather when you think you won't get stuck in the pit lane forever.

You're happy to look past these things because the idea of finishing 7th in a Lotus makes you feel like you've done a great job and it feels 'about right', which is fine - everyone gets enjoyment out of different things.

But don't expect the rest of us to be as happy with it. For you it seems like people are being picky about certain things, but those certain things are the exact reason some people buy / don't buy the game.

Just my thoughts.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2766880)   #438
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The problem is, these are all pretty major bugs for a racing game. Racing games arn't usually that hard to make bug free, you'll never see these these sorts of problems on NFS: Shift for example.
I haven't bought it yet (might do when its £20 - but I'm going to wait for GT 5 instead) but considering the game has been 2-3 years in development and people have picked up on these bugs already then it just stinks of a somewhat unfinished product.

Codemasters have got a huge amount of experience in the racing department and its quite alarming that in 2010 they have released a game that appears to be so buggy. I've never seen anything like that clip Knowlesy posted happen before on a racing game.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2766881)   #439
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The thing is, when I pay £30-40 for a game, I expect it to be good.

There is the basis for a very good game. Codies have nice ideas. But they have deceive us with the AI and timing, which reeks. Racing is all about time, and it plays no role in F1 2010 at any point. How can this be in any racing game, barring obviously Mario Kart where rubber banding has a purpose?

It's not hate at all, we'd desperately want to like this... And at first you do. But then you look deeper and it falls apart and the immersion is gone.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2766905)   #440
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Well as always we are all entitled to our opinions, but until i "suffer" from these bugs im gonna enjoy what to me is a cracking game, and yes this is probably due to me not having an F1 game since the PS1 but i agree things to need be patched which they will be in time.

Im not trying to cause a ruck, mearly putting a case for the positives which there are plenty
Old 29 Sep 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2766917)   #441
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive been playing for about a week now, and i just got to monaco in career mode in my first season lol. thats what happens when you set the race length to 60% and are doing full weekends and participating in all seasons. i find in the longer races, starting from 40% on, the Ai tire stratigies become all very different. the pit window for people starting on the prime's is about 5 laps and on the options three. ive noticied on pitstops there will only be three to four cars on a givin lap, and the field is spread out enough by this time that the pit lane glitch does not happen. i have the difficulty settings set to expert, i havent gone into the advance settings yet, so i dont know what it says in there. up to monaco i have scored 4 points, 2 tenths and a ninth in the lotus. i find this car has no grip, locking up tires, spining in the middle of the corners, and most common, spinning getting on the gas, all the way up to fourth gear. i have played with alot of the settings during the weekend and love how different the settings i use are on each track. all in all its a great game, and i didnt mind paying for it and waiting the one day delay.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2766920)   #442
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm with Rob, when its good its DAMN good. But loosing all your game because you didn't exit it using the secret handshake is just pathetic. I can't think of a single game i have owned on any platform that has such a significant and fatal to game play flaw as that. and i'm counting the ZX81 in that list. i just ran my next race (melbourne in the wet) and had a pretty good time of it. running wets on a dry track and still matching earlier lap times was somewhat odd, but far from a killer. i am getting miffed at black flags for no valid reason, but i'll keep plugging away at it.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2766926)   #443
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got this week off so I've had a bit of time to sit down and play it a bit more, and I'm starting to enjoy it now I'm getting used to it. Mind you, I haven't been doing much career stuff, mainly time trials and multiplayer so I haven't seen many of the bugs, apart from outrageous laptimes in qually. Hopefully that should be one of the easier things to fix.

From reading through the issues there currently are I think I'll be keeping things that way until any patches are released. That'll more than keep me occupied.

Incidentally I've just had a fantastic 30% race distance online at Bahrain running nose to tail and trading places with some guy nearly every lap for the whole race. It was absolutely brilliant! The only annoying thing is his ID hasn't shown up in my recently met list (PSN) and I can't remember the exact spelling to add as a friend.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2766927)   #444
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not getting it. Too many bugs for my liking and the whole AI being faked thing is just totally pathetic in my eyes, no sense of achievement there. Its been rushed out before it gets eaten up by GT5 sales and it shows.

I'll pass, wait for F1 2011 I think.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2766930)   #445
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
definately worth the buy imo. Yes, there's lots of bugs, but you can restart the race anytime you want, so you can adjust for them. eg, I'm restarting races every time I have a puncture (which is happening less towards the end of the season, I had 0 in Spa & Monza)
Old 30 Sep 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2766984)   #446
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive had a few issues but not heaps, most obvious one was MS Winning a race by a lap on the whole field when less than 5 laps from the end i had been racing him for 7th..

Have lost a few spots coming into the pits due to them "Ghosting" past me, besides that i havn't had many issues bar the rubber banding in the races but to be honest my lapstime are struggling to be consistant so it's hard for me to tell if it's me or them most the time.

Im enjoying it but TBH im looking forward to GT5 more now.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2767008)   #447
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another thing I noticed is when a car spun in front of me in sector 3, my engineer warned me for a yellow in sector 1, and I got a penalty for overtaking that spun car under a yellow flag.

so that's 2 more bugs I noticed.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2767016)   #448
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427 View Post
ive been playing for about a week now, and i just got to monaco in career mode in my first season lol. thats what happens when you set the race length to 60% and are doing full weekends and participating in all seasons. i find in the longer races, starting from 40% on, the Ai tire stratigies become all very different. the pit window for people starting on the prime's is about 5 laps and on the options three. ive noticied on pitstops there will only be three to four cars on a givin lap, and the field is spread out enough by this time that the pit lane glitch does not happen. i have the difficulty settings set to expert, i havent gone into the advance settings yet, so i dont know what it says in there. up to monaco i have scored 4 points, 2 tenths and a ninth in the lotus. i find this car has no grip, locking up tires, spining in the middle of the corners, and most common, spinning getting on the gas, all the way up to fourth gear. i have played with alot of the settings during the weekend and love how different the settings i use are on each track. all in all its a great game, and i didnt mind paying for it and waiting the one day delay.
Nice one mate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
i'm with Rob, when its good its DAMN good. But loosing all your game because you didn't exit it using the secret handshake is just pathetic. I can't think of a single game i have owned on any platform that has such a significant and fatal to game play flaw as that. and i'm counting the ZX81 in that list. i just ran my next race (melbourne in the wet) and had a pretty good time of it. running wets on a dry track and still matching earlier lap times was somewhat odd, but far from a killer. i am getting miffed at black flags for no valid reason, but i'll keep plugging away at it.
Put flags on relaxed and its a lot more "fair" mate, not as many stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
definately worth the buy imo. Yes, there's lots of bugs, but you can restart the race anytime you want, so you can adjust for them. eg, I'm restarting races every time I have a puncture (which is happening less towards the end of the season, I had 0 in Spa & Monza)
Yeah i have only had maybe 3 max in an entire season
Old 30 Sep 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2767119)   #449
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to have a game that you can't win at in the first 5 mins. It gives you a real sense of satisfaction just getting into the points which I FINALLY did at Montreal after a rain affected race and a bit of deft strategy on my team's part :P
Monaco is INSANE on this!!! My eyes were on stalks all the time trying to take in everything on screen plus all the bumps and trying to hold the car as it bucks and weaves over the little bumps and road's natural crown. It's utterly beautiful to watch. Sorry to hear people aren't enjoying it but to be honest I know there are some bugs in it and I've seen some of these but I am enjoying this despite those Codies will patch it soon anyway, the game as a whole is the best F1 title we've had. People saying 'oh I'll wait for GT5' are missing the point entirely.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2767125)   #450
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Exactly!!