Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2779564)   #426
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the team owner who grabbed one of the international drivers by the neck, allegedly, will get a talking to.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2779569)   #427
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
The high amount of safety cars early was pretty frustrating to watch but the last 15 odd laps was great viewing.
The law of averages says that we have to make up for the lack of them at Bathurst.

Now things are clearly back on Amber's side of the ledger
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2779572)   #428
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Well, technically speaking, the next corner was a left-hander - being the entry to the chicane - and that meant that Shane had the line. What if there were tyre walls across the chicane? Everyone would have slowed down and made the corner.

That aside, if it was any corner other than a chicane, then Whincup wouldn't have taken the "chicance" that he did, clearly gaining an advantage, and making sure that Shane couldn't bother him at the hairpin - something that had been done in previous laps.
What if......who cares. I dont play what ifs. The track is how it is.

SVG was passing JW, the pass is only complete once your infront of the car (not along side but with the tow hook just infront of), you still cant just drive through him.....

Had SVG been completely in front of JW, it would be different.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2779573)   #429
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats is total BS, there is no rule that backs that line of thinking.

you have a messed up idea of racing
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2779574)   #430
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what rubbish decisions did Schenken make this weekend?
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2779575)   #431
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, technically speaking, the next corner was a left-hander - being the entry to the chicane - and that meant that Shane had the line. What if there were tyre walls across the chicane? Everyone would have slowed down and made the corner.

That aside, if it was any corner other than a chicane, then Whincup wouldn't have taken the "chicance" that he did, clearly gaining an advantage, and making sure that Shane couldn't bother him at the hairpin - something that had been done in previous laps.

Had the particular event not occurred at a chicane, then Shane would have won - pure and simple. I'm not saying that either party was in the right or the wrong, but more focusing on the implications for future events.

Historically, any attempt to pass a driver that results in the other (passing) car getting past the magical B-Pillar is deemed to be a pass and if the driver on the outside (being passed) is tapped and slightly disadvantaged, then Schenko and the Ruleroos tend to allow it.

I was watching in a room with a reasonable number of kinsfolk, and the greatest howls of protest came from the blokes in Holden hats and shirts. So good ole blue-eyed bias wasn't really a factor....the opinion was more than mine.

The key facts are most of these guys really only watch Bathurst on a regular basis, loved it, tuned in for the Gold Coast event to see a few international stars do the driving, and then saw this.

Net result: Most of them will only watch Bathurst again from now on as they saw a wrong committed. Reality is a bit frightening if this scene is repeated with audiences around NZ and Australia given the spectacle that Bathurst provided to the average punter. The sport loses. One spot to Whincup wouldn't have made a huge difference in the greater scheme of things.

And if peckstar's question was levelled at me, never too scared mate....bring it!!
On same page.

The way I see it is Shane was ahead going into the chicane, yes they both went through it but Jamie took an advantage by going through, he should have given it back up
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2779576)   #432
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
On same page.

The way I see it is Shane was ahead going into the chicane, yes they both went through it but Jamie took an advantage by going through, he should have given it back up
And kept his boot in to avoid being bothered at the hairpin. But anyway, seems we are getting slaughtered for being fellow sheep shaggers like Shane, rather than our real intentions which is the fairness and quality of the product.

Sounds all a bit like Bairdo losing that Bathurst for doing just one extra lap.....
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2779584)   #433
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
And kept his boot in to avoid being bothered at the hairpin. But anyway, seems we are getting slaughtered for being fellow sheep shaggers like Shane, rather than our real intentions which is the fairness and quality of the product.

Sounds all a bit like Bairdo losing that Bathurst for doing just one extra lap.....
My opinion is only that, my opinion, it has nothing to do with the country people of the opposing opinion come from.....

Shane himself said he thought he should give the spot back (because he hadn't completed the pass leaving jamie nowhere to go)
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2779588)   #434
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
My opinion is only that, my opinion, it has nothing to do with the country people of the opposing opinion come from.....

Shane himself said he thought he should give the spot back (because he hadn't completed the pass leaving jamie nowhere to go)
where did he say that?
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2779597)   #435
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
where did he say that?
On his Facebook page bud.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2779744)   #436
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just in case you thought the "passion" was waning for our beloved V8's, I've just had a look at the number of posts made to the threads for the recent rounds this year.

Nothing like a bit of controversy to fire up some interest......

Gold Coast 434 posts
Bathurst 329
PI 210
Townsville 124
Darwin 70
Winton 85
Queensland Raceway 87

Seems you lot don't hate the V8's as much as you say you do.....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 24 Oct 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2779789)   #437
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Just in case you thought the "passion" was waning for our beloved V8's, I've just had a look at the number of posts made to the threads for the recent rounds this year.

Nothing like a bit of controversy to fire up some interest......

Gold Coast 434 posts
Bathurst 329
PI 210
Townsville 124
Darwin 70
Winton 85
Queensland Raceway 87

Seems you lot don't hate the V8's as much as you say you do.....
Don't get carried away with those stats........it was ****ing down in Sydney........nothing else to do. Maybe it just goes to show that Red vs Blue is alive and well, and VESA should make sure Blue fans have something to cheer about if Ford are too pathetic to see the benefits.

Last edited by Woolley; 24 Oct 2010 at 20:38. Reason: autocensor
Old 24 Oct 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2779796)   #438
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
I wonder if the team owner who grabbed one of the international drivers by the neck, allegedly, will get a talking to.
Paul Morris?????
Old 24 Oct 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2779806)   #439
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Had the particular event not occurred at a chicane, then Shane would have won - pure and simple. I'm not saying that either party was in the right or the wrong, but more focusing on the implications for future events.

Historically, any attempt to pass a driver that results in the other (passing) car getting past the magical B-Pillar is deemed to be a pass and if the driver on the outside (being passed) is tapped and slightly disadvantaged, then Schenko and the Ruleroos tend to allow it.

I was watching in a room with a reasonable number of kinsfolk, and the greatest howls of protest came from the blokes in Holden hats and shirts. So good ole blue-eyed bias wasn't really a factor....the opinion was more than mine.

The key facts are most of these guys really only watch Bathurst on a regular basis, loved it, tuned in for the Gold Coast event to see a few international stars do the driving, and then saw this.

Net result: Most of them will only watch Bathurst again from now on as they saw a wrong committed. Reality is a bit frightening if this scene is repeated with audiences around NZ and Australia given the spectacle that Bathurst provided to the average punter. The sport loses. One spot to Whincup wouldn't have made a huge difference in the greater scheme of things.

And if peckstar's question was levelled at me, never too scared mate....bring it!!
gosh how dramatic! your friends mustn't watch any sport at all if they will refuse to watch just cause their favourite team/player/whatever doesn't win. a couple of those "harden up" pills mentioned earlier in this thread need to be sent their way
Old 24 Oct 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2779822)   #440
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an absolute delight it was NOT to have some 'no count' vocal gymnastic doing our National Anthem.

Congratulations to the children from Labrador State School and A.B. Patterson College for your wonderful and correct singing of it.

Shame, shame, shame on the yobbo's that could not take off their caps during the rendition. You should be ashamed of your self.
Have you no pride in being Australian, or do you just know no better.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2779830)   #441
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
On his Facebook page bud.

Thats not correct Downoz, at no point in his post did he say he hasnt completed the pass

he said
Quote:
Couldn't pull it up at the chicane
Sorry Gossie, i disagree with you, the children did a fair job, but it was not the correct singing of it, because it was too fast, and also in Australia, we dont take our caps of, your confusing Australia with the USA.

AP, agree with you, wasnt it good to come on and see some passion again, maybe we need more contriversy not less
Old 24 Oct 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2779878)   #442
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Thats not correct Downoz, at no point in his post did he say he hasnt completed the pass

he said

Sorry Gossie, i disagree with you, the children did a fair job, but it was not the correct singing of it, because it was too fast, and also in Australia, we dont take our caps of, your confusing Australia with the USA.

AP, agree with you, wasnt it good to come on and see some passion again, maybe we need more contriversy not less
Mate, when I went to school and we had our parade and the national anthem was played we always took our hats off. That was the way it was. I think it is just the new generation don't care
Old 24 Oct 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2779880)   #443
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i wasnt allowed to wear hats, and the national anthem was rarely played (yes in australia (Victoria))
Old 24 Oct 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2779901)   #444
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS Penalties
Matters arising from Race 20:

Pit Lane Penalties were imposed as follows:
• Car #19 Jonathon Webb/ Sebastian Bordais for using reverse gear in Pit Lane.
• Car #47 Helio Castroneves for exceeding the speed limit in Pit Lane.
• Car #19 Jonathon Webb for a driving infringement on Car #51 Greg Murphy.

The Stewards investigated contact between Car #7 Scott Dixon and Car #8 Andrew Jones at 1433hrs. The matter has been stood over to the next round to obtain further information.

Following an investigation and an admission by Rick Kelly Car #15 that he had driven in a careless manner, contact on Car #17 Steve Johnson and Car #47 Tim Slade, the Stewards deducted 10 Championship points from Rick Kelly.

Following an investigation and an admission by Triple Eight Race Engineering Pty Ltd, that they had left tools on the Grid at Race start, the Stewards imposed a Reprimand.
From Here
Old 25 Oct 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2779903)   #445
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
What an absolute delight it was NOT to have some 'no count' vocal gymnastic doing our National Anthem.

Congratulations to the children from Labrador State School and A.B. Patterson College for your wonderful and correct singing of it.

Shame, shame, shame on the yobbo's that could not take off their caps during the rendition. You should be ashamed of your self.
Have you no pride in being Australian, or do you just know no better.
I agree. Still shudder at Barnesey& Ellie Mays rendition at Bathurst a few years ago. As for the taking you hat off, I always stand as well.

Dunno if it's the correct protocol, though.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2779924)   #446
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Well anyway who gives a flying f.... The result is as they finished.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2779926)   #447
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My two cents...

Van Gisbergen had the corner. He was at least half a car length in front and had the inside...

Whincup did have nowhere to go - but that was because Van Gisbergen had the pass all but done and had claimed the corner.

The correct and sporting thing to do would have been to realise this, make it hard (but be respectful) for The Giz and try to get a better run out of the chicane and re-pass at Turn 4.

Instead, Whincup braked waaaay too late in some idiotic attempt to make it around the outside of Van Gisbergen through what is accpeted to be a single-file piece of racetrack.

He braked so late that he was simply NEVER going to make the corner.

He also hit Van Gisbergen on the way through, which compromised his ability to turn into the corner.

It was a ridiculous piece of driving - he braked so ridiculously late that it makes me wonder whether he even had any intention of trying to make the corner once Van Gisbergen had him done.

Last edited by mac; 25 Oct 2010 at 01:15.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2779928)   #448
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
[QUOTE=peckstar;2779830]Thats not correct Downoz, at no point in his post did he say he hasnt completed the pass.

Yes you are correct..

As far a taking hats off (not of) for Anthem, it is the done thing here in OZ, well by the real people in Rural areas, but then again some people think it is not, but that I suppose is the way that they have been raised. As far as I am concerned it is a respect thing.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2779931)   #449
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
My two cents...

Van Gisbergen had the corner. He was at least half a car length in front and had the inside...

Whincup did have nowhere to go - but that was because Van Gisbergen had the pass all but done and had claimed the corner.

The correct and sporting thing to do would have been to realise this, make it hard (but be respectful) for The Giz and try to get a better out of the chicane and re-pass at Turn 4.

Instead, Whincup braked waaaay too late in some idiotic attempt to make it around the outside of Van Gisbergen through what is accpeted to be a single-file piece of racetrack.

He also hit Van Gisbergen on the way through, which compromised his ability to turn into the corner.

It was a ridiculous piece of driving - he braked so ridiculously late that it makes me wonder whether he even had any intention of trying to make the corner once Van Gisbergen had him done.

What SHANE said on the podium

Quote:
I got inside him at one stage but couldn’t pull it up enough to make a clean pass, but thanks to everyone at SBR for preparing such a strong race car. It was just a great fight today and great to finally crack second place, we have taken the next step and it’s even better to do it with Johnny Mac!”
Old 25 Oct 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2779953)   #450
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
My two cents...

The correct and sporting thing to do would have been to realise this, make it hard (but be respectful) for The Giz and try to get a better run out of the chicane and re-pass at Turn 4.

Better have a chat with SVG then...... he somehow saw things differently....