Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3074120)   #426
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So all being well in a month's time I will be sat in Houx campsite having arrived and polished off a BBQ.
I'll be in the same place doing the same thing and no doubt cracking the top off a cold Kronenbourg, waiting for practice to start.
Old 14 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3074389)   #427
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Scutineering will be on the Place de la Republique:
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...ing-_7063.html
Old 14 May 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3074433)   #428
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
This year's ETA is first practice, Wednesday...
Hopefully having dumped Jake somewhere near the main entrance to pick up his Media Pass...
We're down in Travel Destinations Porsche Curves this year, so I think a flag or two may have to be taken, to counteract the Danes!

Oh, and Brollies and Wellies, of course...
Old 14 May 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3074439)   #429
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
This year's ETA is first practice, Wednesday...
Hopefully having dumped Jake somewhere near the main entrance to pick up his Media Pass...
We're down in Travel Destinations Porsche Curves this year, so I think a flag or two may have to be taken, to counteract the Danes!

Muhahaha, we'll be there ten fold (But not me, i'm in Karting Nord)
Old 14 May 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3074443)   #430
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Where's that 'Alert Moderators' button?

We're just going through the annual "who's got what camping gear in their shed/garage/cupboard/etc.?" routine.

Not sure if I've mentioned it, we're down on numbers in our equipe this year. As is often the case once one or two people decide not to attend then several more drop out in sympathy (or are choosing to do the Classic in July instead).

Had a read (for the first time) of Ayse's 2011 Trip Report this afternoon. Starting to get into the mood now.
Old 14 May 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3074563)   #431
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Where's that 'Alert Moderators' button?

We're just going through the annual "who's got what camping gear in their shed/garage/cupboard/etc.?" routine.

Not sure if I've mentioned it, we're down on numbers in our equipe this year. As is often the case once one or two people decide not to attend then several more drop out in sympathy (or are choosing to do the Classic in July instead).

Had a read (for the first time) of Ayse's 2011 Trip Report this afternoon. Starting to get into the mood now.
we have lost a few regulars this year but a couple returnees have brought the numbers back up, can't see what the problem of the classic in july is just do both, will be forth classic for me this year and 27th main event
Old 14 May 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3074576)   #432
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It should never have been moved from September! I went to the first one, but the thought of going back again in July after having spent a week at Le Mans in June - no chance!
Old 14 May 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3074579)   #433
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It should never have been moved from September! I went to the first one, but the thought of going back again in July after having spent a week at Le Mans in June - no chance!
Well, it's in the school holiday season, so more will be available there
Old 14 May 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3074585)   #434
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just too soon after the main event.....
Old 14 May 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3074589)   #435
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Just too soon after the main event.....
Or not soon enough
Old 14 May 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3074596)   #436
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a bit of a conversation regarding the shuttle buses and times a few pages ago I think. Or somewhere in the sub-forum.

Some encouraging news here from the official site which appears to confirm the bus runs non-stop throughout the race. Might jump on one at 2am and head out to look at the brake discs!

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...-mans-2012.pdf
Old 15 May 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3074938)   #437
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
There was a bit of a conversation regarding the shuttle buses and times a few pages ago I think. Or somewhere in the sub-forum.

Some encouraging news here from the official site which appears to confirm the bus runs non-stop throughout the race. Might jump on one at 2am and head out to look at the brake discs!

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...-mans-2012.pdf
Any info on how many of these busses are running during the night? I mean, how crowded are these? Is it an alternative for the car or does it take hours for one to arrive?
Old 16 May 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3075266)   #438
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,

Just found this thread as I'm heading over for my first Le Mans 24 Hour this year and will not only be taking in the entire spectacle, but with Media Accreditation as well! Good to see so many people are heading to the race. Hopefully it's a good one. I can't wait to freeze my butt off standing shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of photographers waiting for the sunrise shot at the Dunlop Bridge
Old 16 May 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3075421)   #439
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Hi Guys,

Just found this thread as I'm heading over for my first Le Mans 24 Hour this year and will not only be taking in the entire spectacle, but with Media Accreditation as well! Good to see so many people are heading to the race. Hopefully it's a good one. I can't wait to freeze my butt off standing shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of photographers waiting for the sunrise shot at the Dunlop Bridge
I will be there at daybreak, every year I get out of my tent in tertre rouge just before the sunrises and watch the light slowly return to the track, to me one of the years greatest moments
Old 18 May 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3076253)   #440
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to seeing both of these out on track. Especially the GT1:
http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/2012/05/g...medium=twitter
Old 19 May 2012, 05:17 (Ref:3076295)   #441
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Hope that everything works well and I will be there in 2 Weeks .
Old 20 May 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3076907)   #442
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have just watched a very wet motor GP at le mans, the circuit looks very green so hopefully the campsites will not be bone dry and dusty in 3 weeks
Old 20 May 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3076911)   #443
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I prefer dry and dusty!!!

Old 20 May 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3076913)   #444
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I prefer dry and dusty!!!

Was this the result of the stormy fridaynight two years ago ?
Man that was enough rain for at least three years!
Old 20 May 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3076915)   #445
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Yes. This is on Houx, saturday morning 2010.
Old 20 May 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3076916)   #446
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Look's dangerous .
Old 20 May 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3076917)   #447
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hell, you get your own pool and you still complain.......
Old 20 May 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3076919)   #448
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Hell, you get your own pool and you still complain.......
And not a small one!
Old 21 May 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3077213)   #449
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Finally able to post that I've got my tickets! Hoping that our pitch in Houx does not end up looking like vincegail's biblical image.
Old 21 May 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3077287)   #450
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
might be worth considering taking a 2ft scaffold platform to pitch on and some oars if the forecasts looking iffy closer to the time