Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Dec 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3597768)   #426
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I didn't even know they were still working on that car! Why update and bring this car back when you have the SCG003? As a test mule for another project perhaps?
Scroll back a couple of posts and you'll hear it straight from the horses mouth
Old 19 Dec 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3598717)   #427
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Further restrictions on GT3 cars for VLN/N24 next year:

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...developpement/

Smaller restrictors to cut power by about 10%, closing off some of the GT3 cars' more ridiculous aero, and a ban on "special development" tires. This all done in order to keep the GT3 cars' pace to a safe level even with the speed limits removed.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3598732)   #428
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Seems a bit too "knee-jerk" of a reaction to me.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 09:49 (Ref:3598733)   #429
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will they bop down the immediate lower classes too, to maintain the gaps between SP9 and rest
Old 19 Dec 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3598739)   #430
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Seems a bit too "knee-jerk" of a reaction to me.
Welcome to the 21st centrury.

Stuck can use nice words such as "analysing the crash" and "cooperation", but as long as they won't publicise the crash data, I'm not gonna take his word for it. Show me the evidence, convince me that a line really was crossed and this is what is necessary to remove all unnecessary risk. I'm not buying it, I still think this is nothing more than a reaction to please the nanny culture.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3598751)   #431
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't care what they do to the cars as long as they don't mutilate Nordschleife (fence upgrades are fine)

Will Glickenhaus enter how many cars? Two SGC003s and one P4/5, or otherwise around, or one each, or what?
Old 19 Dec 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3598762)   #432
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't care what they do to the cars as long as they don't mutilate Nordschleife (fence upgrades are fine)
Old 19 Dec 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3598770)   #433
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Already happened 50 years ago so the current destruction of Quiddelbacher Hohe doesn't bother me that much (not more than anything else that has been done in the past, and we all survived that).
Old 27 Dec 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3600341)   #434
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glickenhaus plans to race 12 hours Mugello of the Creventic 24 hours series with the SCG 003.
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...10658&Itemid=1
Old 30 Dec 2015, 01:01 (Ref:3600793)   #435
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...egulation.html

Not quite sure what to make of that....
Old 30 Dec 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3600812)   #436
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...egulation.html

Not quite sure what to make of that....

Sounds like the teams want the drivers group recommendations installed but are being ignored by the DMSB. I can understand that.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3600866)   #437
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Then they should be transparent about who they are and what they want. Threatening to strike, when teams are still looking for sponsors...
Old 30 Dec 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3600896)   #438
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The article doesn't list a complete list of teams in the motion, but I don't think that's necessary at all, is it? The gist of what they want is in there as well, so what else do you need to know?
Creating an unsafe environment for ALL competitors is what they want, bringing the series close to wondering whether they would be able to have serious competition. That's good. I wish the IMSA teams had done this in the merger process. Also considering VLN & ADAC are on their side, it's just a typical german bureaucratic ****up. It's good they fix this with force now.

(here's the motorsport-total article (german, does not seem to contain new information))

here's the open letter in original (german) (this letter also includes their contact, ILN (at) freenet de, so...)

Last edited by Ephaeton; 30 Dec 2015 at 09:14.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 10:29 (Ref:3600908)   #439
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
What else do I need to know? How about what the problem is and what they're gonna do about it. I've heard too many people complaining but no one given a solution. I still haven't heard one from ILN so I refuse to jump the band wagon just yet.

Not that I care about these politics, though.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3600913)   #440
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
What else do I need to know? How about what the problem is and what they're gonna do about it.
??? Read the DSC article (or the MST one, which has the same content, if you prefer german)?
The second half details what the problems are and what the alternative suggestions are, whose installation is "what they're gonna do about it".

What else do you need to know?
Old 30 Dec 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3600943)   #441
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Yes, very broad outlines of ideas. I want to hear some concrete solutions before I go out celebrating the revolution. The thing is, there is a certain group within VLN that has it in for the DMSB, who are a constant source of negativity. It's a group that I've stopped taking seriously long ago because they never offer any real solutions. Threatening with a strike on the day of its inception, doesn't fill me with confidence that this isn't the same old story.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3601309)   #442
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that may haunt this forum, but not the IMSA section, the Frikadelli Porsche showed up this morning on an entry list for the IMSA test next week in advance of the Daytona 24 hours. That's a very big surprise. Wonder if that has anything to do with the DMSB situation - a negotiating tactic?

Happy to have them in the US regardless of the circumstances. I'm afraid that Daytona will be very boring compared to running at the Ring.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...2012-30_v2.pdf
Old 1 Jan 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3601378)   #443
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
It doesn't. They were already planning for an extended campaign with the new car one year ago. Expect Patrick Huisman to be confirmed as the third driver, although I'm not sure why he wasn't already when the entry list came out.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3601463)   #444
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
It doesn't. They were already planning for an extended campaign with the new car one year ago. Expect Patrick Huisman to be confirmed as the third driver, although I'm not sure why he wasn't already when the entry list came out.
Thanks. That's great news. What other races does "extended campaign" mean?
Old 1 Jan 2016, 21:09 (Ref:3601486)   #445
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm guessing maybe some Blancpain races-Spa?
Old 2 Jan 2016, 08:34 (Ref:3601558)   #446
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Don't know, ADAC GT is a possibility, Klaus Abbelen recently said.
Old 2 Jan 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3601637)   #447
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps is time for a German national endurance cup with long races in many tracks, not just the Nurburgring.
Old 2 Jan 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3601657)   #448
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Perhaps is time for a German national endurance cup with long races in many tracks, not just the Nurburgring.
Living much closer to Hockenheim than to the Eifel I would like that, but so far the lure of the Green Hell has been to great to have things like this considered.

And then, there already is Creventic's 24h Series, where several (ex-)VLN teams show up these days.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 23:32 (Ref:3601912)   #449
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe VLN should hold one exhibition event on Eurospeedway, you know it's 12km unused loop, that was IIRC rumored to be the replacement for N24 if the circuit went bust
Old 15 Jan 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3604944)   #450
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Takuto Iguchi (BRZ GT300 driver) will take part in the N24 this year with this RC F