Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jul 2010, 03:37 (Ref:2728328)   #451
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great event, despite heat.
It was my first LMC and I hadn't really appreciated how difficult it would be to fit in the queuing, driving, fixing the car, eating, sleeping etc, which left little time to wander round and find other people.
Apart from a drama at the assembly area on race 3, where some kind passerby pointed out that there was a 15cm diameter oil puddle under the car, which necessitated some quick spanner work on the grid while the ear of corn was being assembled, the car went well and I managed 10th in outright time in Plateau 1, the first unblown bentley home from seven entrants. A couple of days later JR told me that my team had won the Index of Performance 1st Prize. Still not entirely sure how that is worked out but believe there is a large Pot knocking around somewhere so can't help but be pretty happy.

Looking forward to 2012.

Nigel B
Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2728409)   #452
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Done every one + all legends for 1950s cars as the mechanic & LMC 2006 as one of the drivers aswell & still cant get the work, eating, sleeping & every thing else balance right, all I know is when we get to LMC we expect a rough ride.
Chris
Old 18 Jul 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2728588)   #453
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
not seen a single shot of the Harrington in action yet.

Its not as if it was too quick to catch!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2728604)   #454
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Jez has a bunch.!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2728742)   #455
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

Found one from Sunday morning .
Attached Thumbnails
France July 2010 101.jpg  
Old 18 Jul 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2728757)   #456
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats Jason, He's a diamond geezer, I was sipping on't pit wall cafe!
Old 19 Jul 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2728897)   #457
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

Just shows that you don't look at my pics, then, Zef! I was actually rather pleased with the clarity of the one I've shown at #389.

Still hoping for some Plateau 2 shots. Also happy to look for some shots of Ten Tenthers cars in action if so far excluded (provided I've got some, of course).
Old 20 Jul 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2729553)   #458
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did someone say the pics that were on sale in the drivers club were on a website somewhere?
Old 20 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2729619)   #459
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
!

Last edited by Steve Tarrant; 20 Jul 2010 at 14:01. Reason: Deleted - photos too large!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2729620)   #460
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Mt plateau 2 race 3 pictures

Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2729661)   #461
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Eddie-There is a link by password to these pics.
Jez is in process of getting it.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2729714)   #462
JaapSinke
Rookie

JaapSinke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Just shows that you don't look at my pics, then, Zef! I was actually rather pleased with the clarity of the one I've shown at #389.

Still hoping for some Plateau 2 shots. Also happy to look for some shots of Ten Tenthers cars in action if so far excluded (provided I've got some, of course).

Would love some pics of our Yellow Healey in Plateau 3. No.64
Had a great time. Last stint I tried some opposite lock in new maison blanche (right and left) and Dunlop chicane off course. Smoked two sets of tires. Love the circuit.

Greetings Jaap Sinke
Old 21 Jul 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2729972)   #463
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You,smoking tyre's Jaap,I dont believe it!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2729999)   #464
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaapSinke View Post
Greetings Jaap Sinke
I have found one from each of the races, although the first is really the only one of halfway acceptable quality!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1195wb.jpg   IMG_2057wb.jpg   IMG_2657wb.jpg  

Old 21 Jul 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2730294)   #465
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaapSinke View Post
Had a great time. Last stint I tried some opposite lock in new maison blanche (right and left) and Dunlop chicane off course. Smoked two sets of tires. Love the circuit.

Greetings Jaap Sinke

I found one from Sunday morning - amateur standard (camera and photographer !).
Attached Thumbnails
France July 2010 104b.jpg  
Old 22 Jul 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2730484)   #466
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Looks good to me, Malcolm, with a bit of opposite lock. Although I can tell where it is, I'm trying to work out exactly where you were standing to take a clear shot, because it's clearly not a spot I found.

Incidentally on a different note, although there were quite a few Astons in the various plateaux, there was not a single example of a DB3S or DBR1/300 racing. Given that they were the most successful Astons at Le Mans that was a surprising omission.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2730883)   #467
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Looks good to me, Malcolm, with a bit of opposite lock. Although I can tell where it is, I'm trying to work out exactly where you were standing to take a clear shot, because it's clearly not a spot I found.

Incidentally on a different note, although there were quite a few Astons in the various plateaux, there was not a single example of a DB3S or DBR1/300 racing. Given that they were the most successful Astons at Le Mans that was a surprising omission.

John, please excuse my lack of accuracy, but it was the one and only day I have visited Le Mans and my knowledge of the site is limited. I was very close to the Dunlop Bridge, immediately in front of a granstand, between two fences . If I am fortunate enough to return in 2012, I will attend for two or three days as one was insufficient to absorb all the action - and I would be pleased to show you the spot ! Knockhill, this Sunday, will seem a little underwhelming.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 05:49 (Ref:2731000)   #468
WillFly
Rookie

United Kingdom
Fleet, Hampshire
WillFly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found a load more images from Sunday's Plateau 2 race http://www.willfly.net/photography/L.../index_24.html onwards.

Roy
Old 23 Jul 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2731012)   #469
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Quote:

Not so John, the lone DB3S of Wolfgang Freidrichs had terminal engine failure in practice along with our DB2/4 of Donald Flatt - broken crank.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2733873)   #470
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Found one from Sunday morning .

Thats rather nice, thank you Malcom, all the In car I have seen of us so far is of night racing.

J
Old 28 Jul 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2734643)   #471
JaapSinke
Rookie

JaapSinke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the Pics!

Cheers Jaap
Old 31 Jul 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2736299)   #472
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
Not so John, the lone DB3S of Wolfgang Freidrichs had terminal engine failure in practice along with our DB2/4 of Donald Flatt - broken crank.
Sorry, Chris, I meant to respond before; thanks for the correction; it's still a poor representation though, isn't it?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2736390)   #473
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Quote:
Sorry, Chris, I meant to respond before; thanks for the correction; it's still a poor representation though, isn't it?
No John, I thik it was a poor show from Aston's all round really.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2737124)   #474
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello, here are several photos of plateaux 5 and 6. (the 917 1971, 936 LM77, 962 and GT1 are a Porsche review)
Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2737150)   #475
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "Official" Pics at http://intraphotoslive.lemans.org/
Great one of Ian Bankhurst using an unusual blocking move on our E Type
see Plat 4 Car #25.