Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2930079)   #451
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I heard that CoTF wasn't going to have the Larry Bar. I stand corrected.

Old pic. You are right, no Larry bar now. Plus that white car does not have a larry bar. Looks like you can see a cross bar (going opposite way than a Larry bar)

Also when was the last time Dean had a plain white livery. Hes had sponsors on the front bar and bonnet all year. Plus a blue stripe. Now all of a sudden he takes it all off to do a test day all by himself.....therefore pay track fee himself.
Some of you are just clutching at straws.

I think GTR was getting at maybe the fact theres no livery advertising it being COTF - like the NZST did. Then again maybe I am reading it differently.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2930346)   #452
bear025
Rookie

bear025 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe new sbr falcon for giz having shakedown prior to livery bein applied??
Old 26 Jul 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2931154)   #453
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
Old pic. You are right, no Larry bar now. Plus that white car does not have a larry bar. Looks like you can see a cross bar (going opposite way than a Larry bar)

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/CotF/C...0/Default.aspx

You 100% on that, ever picture I have seen has had the larry bar in it..
Old 27 Jul 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2931657)   #454
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I heard that CoTF wasn't going to have the Larry Bar. I stand corrected.
Images in the latest Auto Action show no Larry bar.

Comparing those earlier images of the bare cage to images of the recently
released NZ COTF (which were constructed by the same company) show a
distinct Larry bar. Could the earlier images have been the NZ version
pretending to be the Aussie version???

Or perhaps 1 reason for its delay was the need to remove the Larry bars???
Old 12 Aug 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2938787)   #455
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota has more money that the US Government, but in the interests of improving their competitiveness in NASCAR, and consolidating development for the betterment of all teams, they have one engine supply source Here

So tell me.. why doesnt that happen here? One for Holden (HRT?), one for Ford (SBR?), one for Hyundai (KR?), one for Renault (GRM?) and so on?
Old 12 Aug 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2938906)   #456
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Toyota has more money that the US Government, but in the interests of improving their competitiveness in NASCAR, and consolidating development for the betterment of all teams, they have one engine supply source Here

So tell me.. why doesnt that happen here? One for Holden (HRT?), one for Ford (SBR?), one for Hyundai (KR?), one for Renault (GRM?) and so on?
I dont know
Old 13 Aug 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2939100)   #457
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
So tell me.. why doesnt that happen here?
Perhaps because some teams feel they have an advantage in this area and wouldn't like to be on the same level as everyone else?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2939791)   #458
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Testing today... at Morgan Park...

Hope they dont find another errant sheep.. yesterday 2 sheep got onto the track.. the mum got splattered..
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2939792)   #459
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Out testing again according to Speedcafe:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/08/15/...an-park-today/

Don't quite know why they'd bother with the "camouflage" livery unless it's just a bit of fun.

Been quite a while since I've been to Morgan Park but surprised that there aren't barriers etc visible in shot.

Edit - Dayum, beat me to it GTR.

Last edited by Tourer; 15 Aug 2011 at 07:53.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2939803)   #460
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Out testing again according to Speedcafe:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/08/15/...an-park-today/

Don't quite know why they'd bother with the "camouflage" livery unless it's just a bit of fun.

Been quite a while since I've been to Morgan Park but surprised that there aren't barriers etc visible in shot.

Edit - Dayum, beat me to it GTR.
There are quite a few things missing at Morgan Park.. one of the Saloon Cars backed it into a tyre wall that looked like it was put there in 1926 and has morphed into a wall with the strength of concrete... its a nice track from the vision, a little bumpy... pit wall isnt long enough, there was a crash off the start in the Radicals yesterday and had it been 6' further along the wall, there was no wall.. just orange cones... and people in the pitlane...

As for the stickers.. well I guess it would look like the FFF car is out testing otherwise... the Ford test car and its sister Holden test car will apparently appear at Bathurst for the world to see, in Dunlop livery... which is supposed to accentuate the differences between a current spec V8SC, and the COTF version...
Old 17 Aug 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2941950)   #461
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope that they reverse the Falcon livery for the Commodore for when they take it testing. How cool will that be?!!
Old 17 Aug 2011, 05:20 (Ref:2941960)   #462
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The camo is suppose to make it hard for anyone to see some of the details of the body work from these sorts of photograph's. For example, you can't make out the shape of the front bar from photo on the passenger side of the car. You have to look over to the profile on the drivers side.

I have heard also that the camo can be useful if you import the image into photoshop and want to colour the car in and put it in a different location.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2942330)   #463
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well since the body is not really meant to change much at all, and it is ****ING obvious if it is a Ford or Holden, it just seems stupid to me..
Old 24 Aug 2011, 03:25 (Ref:2944909)   #464
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AA reports today that there are as many as 4 additional manufacturers talking to V8SA teams about a participation in the series from 2013, in a post-CotF world!

There is a BMW on the front page of AA, with Kia, Hyundai and one of the Japanese brands (unnamed but believed elsewhere to be Nissan..) said to be looking at involvement.

So the logical question.. is which teams would these brands entrust the development of a CotF model with?

All the stories in the funny papers so far report that the existing powerplants will remain for Ford and Holden runners, with some kind of equivalency formula devised for engines that arent of 5 Litre pushrod construction

A chassis kit comes from Pace Innovations, a BMW 5 series, Kia Optima, Hyundai i45, a Nissan Maxima is draped over the common roll cage, an aero kit is homologated and tested and approved... and from somewhere comes an engine.

And voila.. you have a CotF race car.

Biggest issue, besides chassis aero parity, seems to be the engine. Where does it come from, what car, and who has the resources locally to build a mule, and develop it to the level of the almost 20 year old pushrod technology

Or indeed has the budget to make the engine powerful.. If a pushrod pumps out 635+bhp, which is around double its original output, the non-Ford/Chev engine builders will have some work to do...

You might also hope that the Holden and Ford support would remain with their preferred teams, to showcase their brands and models against these new interlopers...

Not long till we find out..
Old 24 Aug 2011, 03:57 (Ref:2944915)   #465
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Biggest issue, besides chassis aero parity, seems to be the engine.
i would have said the biggest issue is this gets trotted out with a recurrence you could almost set your clock to, most particularly by AA, and without fail nothing eventuates. i'll believe it if i see it come this time next year...
Old 24 Aug 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2944917)   #466
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The only other part that was interesting was that the scheduled debut of the CotF cars at Bathurst has apparently been cancelled...
Old 24 Aug 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2944921)   #467
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man i'm hoping that more manufactureres join the V8's so bad.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2944977)   #468
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really beleive that Kia is the best fit for the series.

they are a growing brand in australia, but people turn there noses up a bit in Australia at them, this will give them a bit of street creed and push them strongly into market

Kelly racing is sitting there as a 4 car team with genuine manufacturer support and they build their own engines, to me they are the team i would be looking at as a new manufacturer. 4th in the championship means you have a competitive start also
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2944996)   #469
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Kelly racing is sitting there as a 4 car team with genuine manufacturer support and they build their own engines, to me they are the team i would be looking at as a new manufacturer. 4th in the championship means you have a competitive start also
Mr Crennan is quoted in AA today suggesting that Kelly Racing will be pitching for the contract to run the 'Holden Racing Team' when it comes up a the end of 2012.

Of course that could be a bloody big smokescreen...
Old 24 Aug 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2945008)   #470
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
well i think you mentioned that in the wrong thread, would be a good opportunity for them if that was true

But i reckon they would go better with a new manufacturer
Old 24 Aug 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2945059)   #471
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
I really beleive that Kia is the best fit for the series.

they are a growing brand in australia, but people turn there noses up a bit in Australia at them, this will give them a bit of street creed and push them strongly into market

Do you even like cars?? KIA WTF
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2945061)   #472
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Thanks for proving why they need to be in the V8 series
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2945065)   #473
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Thanks for proving why they need to be in the V8 series
KIA makes no good cars, there fore, don't deserve to be in the series.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2945071)   #474
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
KIA makes no good cars, there fore, don't deserve to be in the series.
I would argue that neither Ford or Holden do either, so why are they there?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2945072)   #475
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
except Kia do make good cars and are continuing to improve them, and they just have a bad reputation, as you prove