Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2972989)   #451
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
"Initially the programme is only confirmed for the 2012 season"

This will probably be cleared when they announce the other details.
We'll see. I doubt we'll get any sort of definitive answer on how long they plan on racing as a factory team unless it truly is a 1 or 2 year program. We'll see though.

I never thought of it until you posted that image, but is there any chance that Yokohama may start up an LMP program? I know the context of that image is way different, but it's just a thought.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2973010)   #452
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
(From Collins' story obviously): One of those areas is the brand that the car will race under, it could be a TMG, a Toyota or even a Lexus
What would be the difference between TMG and Toyota? "Toyota Motorsport Gmbh" vs. "Toyota Racing"?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2973029)   #453
DeutschRenn
Rookie

DeutschRenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the same difference between HPD and Honda.... One appears to be a performance consulting Arm that does work for more than just the car company(HPD in california, ToyotaGmbH-in germany) and the other is the car companies based in Japan
Old 18 Oct 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2973037)   #454
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...G-EV-P001.html

Saw this on another forum, but would have been one my guesses too.
Thanks, I wonder how much tech from that project will show up in the LMP?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2973255)   #455
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmh...interesting that Frank Montagny gives "advice" to Toyota to chose one or several Peugeot and AUDI current drivers in 2012
Old 18 Oct 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2973267)   #456
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Mmmmh...interesting that Frank Montagny gives "advice" to Toyota to chose one or several Peugeot and AUDI current drivers in 2012
I´m thinking in Wurz and Lamy from Peugeot

From Audi I really don´t know who!!!!!
Old 18 Oct 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2973290)   #457
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post

I highly doubt Lamy will get another factory driver after his poor performance with Peugeot & BMW this year.

The discussions about the driver squads haven't been this interesting for years. If Toyota could get Wurz and Lotterer as development drivers, they would be getting tons of info on their competitors as well.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2973297)   #458
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Source?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2973299)   #459
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Source?
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Franck...yota_5448.html (English)
http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...yota_5443.html (French)
Old 18 Oct 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2973303)   #460
DeutschRenn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I highly doubt Lamy will get another factory driver after his poor performance with Peugeot & BMW this year.

The discussions about the driver squads haven't been this interesting for years. If Toyota could get Wurz and Lotterer as development drivers, they would be getting tons of info on their competitors as well.
I dont think it quite works like that. Don't they sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement? Rememebr when Pagenaud refused to compare the acura and the peugeot...simply saing theyre two completely different cars. And in addition i would not want to hire a driver who was willing to spill all the beans about his former employer....that just means that when he leaves my team he's going to spill all the beans about me. Id like to imagine the drivers had a bit of integrity.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2973304)   #461
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschRenn View Post
sorry im not sure? do you mean racing license? or drivers license? thats not surprising he lives in japan, and could pass as a japanese for that matter.
Racing license. The ACO always uses the country issuing a driver's license - I think McNish always has a Monegasque flag because of that as well.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2973319)   #462
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks.

Indeed it's a strange statement, sounds really like he's inviting Toyota to make him an offer...

Could it be that he still have some strong conections there?

On a similar note, autohebdo published an (french) interview of Andre Loterrer about the Toyota situation. (google translated in english here ).

He's vague, but certainly doesn't rule out switching camps, and admits he's discussing the program with Toyota "every week ends".

It would be great to have such a strong japanese driver in Toyota! (sorry DeutschRenn, couldn't resist...)
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2973324)   #463
DeutschRenn
Rookie

Its such a tough decision for Andre mainly in part because Andre won Lemans this year with Audi. I think that had he not won this year he would have no problem jumping ship. Theres no reason to leave Audi. It may jsut come down to preference..Does he want people to think of him as German(which he is part)....Or Japanese(whoes culture he seems to have adopted).
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2973341)   #464
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post

Minnassian-Wurz-Brabham . From Audi Lotterer , maybe Capello . Lotterer gets one drive with Audi , maybe the thought of a full season will be enticing to him .
Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2973397)   #465
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Poor? Define me poor?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2973405)   #466
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Poor? Define me poor?
Spining the 908 at Sebring, causing BMW to lose their shot at the 24h Nürburgring by going backwards on track, generally being slower than his co-drivers ... poor enough?

Sorry, I like Pedro as a guy but there recently has been a drastic drop of performance by him. Making the odd mistake is one thing if you´re a quick guy... but being both error-prone and not quick means you're not works driver-material anymore.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2973432)   #467
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Spining the 908 at Sebring, causing BMW to lose their shot at the 24h Nürburgring by going backwards on track, generally being slower than his co-drivers ... poor enough?

Sorry, I like Pedro as a guy but there recently has been a drastic drop of performance by him. Making the odd mistake is one thing if you´re a quick guy... but being both error-prone and not quick means you're not works driver-material anymore.
Plus the extremely low percentage move at Spa which wrote off the RML car.

EDIT: The way I interpreted the Montagny comments were that he knows that some of his team-mates are moving on and is encouraging Toyota to contact them. I imagine the rest of the guys will have signed contracts with Pug or have the option to.

Last edited by Simmi; 18 Oct 2011 at 18:39.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2973530)   #468
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think this speaks Montagny, but who the driver could leave the Peugeot or Audi teams, the new Toyota team. Mayde Lamy or Wurz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post

On a similar note, autohebdo published an (french) interview of Andre Loterrer about the Toyota situation. (google translated in english here ).

He's vague, but certainly doesn't rule out switching camps, and admits he's discussing the program with Toyota "every week ends".

It would be great to have such a strong japanese driver in Toyota! (sorry DeutschRenn, couldn't resist...)
Lotterer I think that might be a good confirmation of Toyota team, but he is the contract Audi Sport with.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2973537)   #469
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression that Lotterer was on loan to Audi from Toyota?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2973539)   #470
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I was under the impression that Lotterer was on loan to Audi from Toyota?
In fact I had the same perception, because I think Lotterer is the property of Toyota, and they decide what he is doing.

I think Toyota should also consider a card named: former Toyota F1 testdriver Ricardo Zonta.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2973551)   #471
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
In fact I had the same perception, because I think Lotterer is the property of Toyota, and they decide what he is doing.

I think Toyota should also consider a card named: former Toyota F1 testdriver Ricardo Zonta.
Toyota have had a lot of F1 drivers who could be a good entry. (Trulli?, Ralp Schumacher?)
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2973553)   #472
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Lotterer is a Toyota works driver, Treluyer is a Nissan guy.. both have only been on loan out to Audi, much as Dumas & Bernhardt.

That's Audi's big problem, take away the loan drivers and they don't have enough drivers to even fill two cars.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2973554)   #473
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Toyota have had a lot of F1 drivers who could be a good entry. (Trulli?, Ralp Schumacher?)
Yes, I remember when in 2009, was the rumor that Trulli should Le Mans Toyota with a three-year contract, so however never took place. Ralf Schumacher is worth mentioning, but he would be in favor of Le Mans drivers.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2973556)   #474
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be interesting to see whether Ralf values his place in the DTM.

I'm not an expert on the series anymore given I lost interest in it a couple of years ago but I imagine that there will be less Mercs and less Audi's running in 2012 due to the new cars and BMW's entry.

So less cars = drivers on the market. Would love to see the likes of Oliver Jarvis coming to sportscars.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2973557)   #475
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Not sure you will - but there will be lots of Japanese drivers. I expect Lotterer, Couto, Ara, Ito, Nakajima, Hirate and then a smattering of others.
I think that the Japanese drivers Kazuki Nakajima is Toyota's first choice. Hirate could be a big question mark, what about the retired Takagi, if he could come back I do not believe it. Seiji Ara would be an experienced driver, and Ito is also pretty good.