Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Mar 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3963456)   #4801
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding Corona Virus picture regarding the start of the season should be much clearer as of this evening.

If we follow other government's maneuvers I question whether even a purely televised event would be feasible, as the total workforce for the paddock/support crews/ITV may exceed those allowed.

If so can see a delayed start of the season, potentially at Thruxton in mid-May, with Donington and Brands potentially rearranged and maybe Silverstone in September hosting additional races but at the minute these are pointless speculations from myself
Old 12 Mar 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3963458)   #4802
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A few months ago, GardX were promoting Turkington's title push for 2020.
GardX are also a key partner of BMW UK with their ProtectX product.
BMW are promoting the BMW First product, and have obviously identified the BTCC team as a route for this.

I wonder whether GardX were expecting / looking for a greater exposure as part of their deal with BMW UK, and being 'headline' to Jordan is the resultant situation?
And in a roundabout way, GardX still have a presence after the departure of Sam Tordoff.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3963496)   #4803
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks decent
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
Old 12 Mar 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3963499)   #4804
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looks decent
It sure does, similar shape to the MG6 but modern and hopefully quicker. I'd like it if they used the Grey Colour from the i30 range but sponsors will dictate that.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3963506)   #4805
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Regarding Corona Virus picture regarding the start of the season should be much clearer as of this evening.

If we follow other government's maneuvers I question whether even a purely televised event would be feasible, as the total workforce for the paddock/support crews/ITV may exceed those allowed.

If so can see a delayed start of the season, potentially at Thruxton in mid-May, with Donington and Brands potentially rearranged and maybe Silverstone in September hosting additional races but at the minute these are pointless speculations from myself
It does raise a question though, how many staff does it take to run 2 cars for one weekend? No promo, no hospitality. Nothing but technicians/engineers/drivers.

20-30 per team per championship?
Plus circuit staff, marshals, TOCA personnel, ITV crew, gotta be north of 1000?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3963515)   #4806
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looks decent
Looks amazing.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3963516)   #4807
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Messaged silverstone to see whether public would still be allowed at the test on tuesday and absolutely no response. Will be mega annoying if it gets to monday afternoon then they announce nobody allowed to go.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3963519)   #4808
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
They probably just don't know at this stage in fairness; Government hasn't dictated anything, so they're in a do and be damned and do not and be damned. Lose lose situation as whatever they do someone will complain about endangering public health or being precious snowflakes.

If this weekends big sporting events - football I'm thinking - go ahead then a relatively tiny gathering in the wider expanse of a motor racing circuit is significantly less risk.

Best advice is sit on your hands 'til Monday and see what develops.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3963520)   #4809
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
They probably just don't know at this stage in fairness; Government hasn't dictated anything, so they're in a do amd be damned and do not and be damned.

Best advice is sit on your hands 'til Monday and see what develops.
Although didnt they say crowds of over 5000 people would be banned? So wondering if this is why silverstone has "sold out" of test tickets so people can still go
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3963523)   #4810
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Although didnt they say crowds of over 5000 people would be banned? So wondering if this is why silverstone has "sold out" of test tickets so people can still go
No, the UK government hasn't done anything yet. Other governments have banned indoor meetings of more than 100 and outdoors of more than 500. UK announcements today are all advisory about self isolating and avoiding risk areas if you're elderly, unwell etc.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3963536)   #4811
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant get excited about the season yet due to this corona nonsense. Can only imagine how the teams are feeling, plus TOCA. Theres potential for things to get very messy financially. I know the public's health is priority though.

I honestly think it'll be postponed.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3963538)   #4812
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Last edited by Evantra; 12 Mar 2020 at 19:15.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3963539)   #4813
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's look elsewhere for ideas. Sebring IMSA and WEC postponed and cancelled respectively. Nascar behind closed doors for 2 races and Indycar behind closed doors at St Petersburg, F1 probably losing the first 4 races of the season at least.

Last edited by Craner Curves; 12 Mar 2020 at 19:17.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3963565)   #4814
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Explains why Adam wasn't available to drive yesterday 👍 congratulations!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...fXWBXnsaR0RIIK
Old 12 Mar 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3963592)   #4815
Robshillito1990
Racer

Not being funny but the whole corona thing could cause the collapse of so many businesses. Is it really as bad as they say or is it just the whole world has jumped on a bandwagon? Theres btcc teams and drivers that will probably have their careers cut short due to all of it.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3963595)   #4816
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Explains why Adam wasn't available to drive yesterday 👍 congratulations!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...fXWBXnsaR0RIIK
Yeah you can see why he wasn't available last minute but the fact they had a backup in place as they knew the arrival was imminent. Like you say, congratulations to them all.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3963614)   #4817
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some more angles of the Hyundai, looks fantastic in my opinion

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9o_Z8_h...=1ryvg8ok3ltwg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2020, 23:38 (Ref:3963674)   #4818
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is it really as bad as they say or is
Millions of people catch flu every year and less than 0.1% die (in developed countries). Of the several hundred thousand recorded infections with SARS-CoV-2, between 1.4% and 2.3% have died so far in the USA, with higher rates elsewhere, Even at the low end, that's at least 14 times worse than flu in terms of deaths.

So... Yes, it is really as bad.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 23:53 (Ref:3963684)   #4819
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry if it was already posted but the last thing I've seen was confusion over this. But now it seems quite certain to me that Turkington will have BMW First as the major brand whereas Jordan GardX. It's worth taking a look at their Instagram posts - Turks posted a slighly different car (with BMW First on both sides) whereas AJ has shown his car with GardX backing.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 00:28 (Ref:3963693)   #4820
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going on with tyres? In every photo I've seen of cars on track, they have Dunlops on. Is it literally just a re-brand? I thought the Goodyears were going to be new.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 01:06 (Ref:3963704)   #4821
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
What's going on with tyres? In every photo I've seen of cars on track, they have Dunlops on. Is it literally just a re-brand? I thought the Goodyears were going to be new.
Goodyear are the parent company of Dunlop in the EU/USA nowadays. It's a different name on the same tyre.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 07:24 (Ref:3963751)   #4822
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Goodyear are the parent company of Dunlop in the EU/USA nowadays. It's a different name on the same tyre.
Exactly this. Promotion of Goodyear as the sporty brand. Sporty Dunlop marketing will disappear. Why have two of your own brands at the same tyre fitter competing for the same sale?
Old 13 Mar 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3963752)   #4823
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm sorry if it was already posted but the last thing I've seen was confusion over this. But now it seems quite certain to me that Turkington will have BMW First as the major brand whereas Jordan GardX. It's worth taking a look at their Instagram posts - Turks posted a slighly different car (with BMW First on both sides) whereas AJ has shown his car with GardX backing.
I've seen variations in pictures online. I think the above is right and that the studio photography may have been one car photographed several times with car numbers/ driver names substituted between shots.

I couldn't really care less... although it'll make it easier to see who is where if they're different (small yellow numbers = small yellow blurs to me)!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3963753)   #4824
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Not being funny but the whole corona thing could cause the collapse of so many businesses. Is it really as bad as they say or is it just the whole world has jumped on a bandwagon? Theres btcc teams and drivers that will probably have their careers cut short due to all of it.
Could be. Just have to watch how Italy develops; China is too secretive to believe in my opinion. The Italian authorities I believe will be entirely open and honest; they've nothing to gain by being anything other.

Stock markets are pricing in serious business issues/ failures - and I suspect they're not done yet. Not until infection rates and deaths start to drop in Italy will we have any reasonable idea and some certainty going forward.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3963760)   #4825
AJ.fan
Rookie

AJ.fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Isn't that the same car, just with Jordan on one side and Turkington on the other? Understandably on their Instagram posts Andrew will want pictures where you can see Jordan on the car, and Colin will want pictures that say Turkington