Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3964478)   #4926
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I have tickets for Donington, however I am fully expecting it to be cancelled.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3964483)   #4927
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's not so easy for the BTCC, they deliberately left a big gap in the calendar for the Euros and the Tour de France. However I'm sure something can be sorted out if worst comes to worst
Old 16 Mar 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3964492)   #4928
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's not so easy for the BTCC, they deliberately left a big gap in the calendar for the Euros and the Tour de France. However I'm sure something can be sorted out if worst comes to worst
What's not easy? And compared to who?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3964498)   #4929
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What's not easy? And compared to who?
The gap was left due to lack of television time to broadcast the BTCC, now the cycling and football have been postponed ITV might need the BTCC to step up and fill the gap, so we may still get all of the races just not neccessarily in the right order.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3964508)   #4930
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Dynamics livery reveal at midday.
Well the stream completely failed 😂

Looks really good, although would've been better with orange highlights rather than the grey I think.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:11 (Ref:3964510)   #4931
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Dynamics livery reveal at midday.
This is definitely the year of slightly disappointing big reveals. They've straightened some of the white bits and err... that's it.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3964513)   #4932
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Black white and orange is a given haha
No orange in the livery (only in the sponsor logos), grey makes an appearance .

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
This is definitely the year of slightly disappointing big reveals. They've straightened some of the white bits and err... that's it.
I agree it is not a massive overhaul, but there is a lot less white in the livery this season, and orange has been removed entirely.
With the same pairing of title sponsor, did we expect much change though?

Does anyone know: has the reference to HalfordsAutocentres gone from the N/S door? They still have not got the KwikFit number plates, although it is not quite as obvious now they are Goodyear in blue.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3964515)   #4933
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
The gap was left due to lack of television time to broadcast the BTCC, now the cycling and football have been postponed ITV might need the BTCC to step up and fill the gap, so we may still get all of the races just not neccessarily in the right order.
Neither the Tour de France nor Euro 2020 have been postponed yet.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3964519)   #4934
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
With the same pairing of title sponsor, did we expect much change though?
They managed a more significant change 2018 vs 2019 with the same sponsors, as they did 2016 vs 2017 with the old car.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3964537)   #4935
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Black BMWs, black Hondas, how do teams manage to conspire to look so similar some years.its like Halfords Integras and RAC BMWs all over again.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3964541)   #4936
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Black BMWs, black Hondas, how do teams manage to conspire to look so similar some years.its like Halfords Integras and RAC BMWs all over again.
With my eyesight yes! I have a memory of Adam Morgan - some years ago - saying the reason he had orange wheels on his Avensis was so his nan could pick his car out more easily on the telly. Good idea in my books!
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3964542)   #4937
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
They managed a more significant change 2018 vs 2019 with the same sponsors, as they did 2016 vs 2017 with the old car.
IMO, the amount of change from 18>19 is about the same as 19>20.

I agree with the previous changes, but I think the point with those was to highlight the Halfords connection initially following the change of title sponsor.

Up to 2015, Honda was a title sponsor and the white w/red/black scheme prevailed.

When Honda was replaced with Halfords, moving from a white base to an orange was obviously going to stand out, particularly with a grid that contained a lot of white-based cars at the time.

Once Honda's backing returned, the solution was to move to a black-based livery to incorporate Halfords, Yuasa and Honda colours schemes. We're just seeing progressive iterations of the same scheme.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3964557)   #4938
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/btcc/status/1239...173776385?s=21

Another white based livery. Looks ok, just really bland colours!

Really hoping PMR go all out, otherwise it'll be like watching a black and white flim this year!

Last edited by Evantra; 16 Mar 2020 at 15:21.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:07 (Ref:3964558)   #4939
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quite surprised to see that nothing has been announced yet in terms of what sort of public access there will be tomorrow like whether we can get into the back of the paddock etc.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3964562)   #4940
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

I agree, it does look a bit bland although I like it because it looks tidy and neat.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3964564)   #4941
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Really hoping PMR go all out, otherwise it'll be like watching a black and white flim this year!
Looks like a Forza painter has designed it.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3964565)   #4942
redshoes
Veteran

The promo shots are from Forza aren't they?

It's very 'Audi'
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3964566)   #4943
Kinger6
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Kinger6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have pretty much just had confirmation that the first two rounds are definitely postponed.

Silverstone round currently 50/50, but expect a BTCC announcement tonight/first thing tomorrow.

Our championship co-ordinator said this morning to write off the first three rounds.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:45 (Ref:3964568)   #4944
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Quite surprised to see that nothing has been announced yet in terms of what sort of public access there will be tomorrow like whether we can get into the back of the paddock etc.
There's a lot of information on the Silverstone website, although they have the time wrong for the pit lane walkabout (It's 13.10, not 13.00), so not sure whether the rest of it is similarly inaccurate.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3964569)   #4945
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Public access to tomorrows testing day likely to get cancelled last minute?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:53 (Ref:3964572)   #4946
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Public access to tomorrows testing day likely to get cancelled last minute?
They would have done it by now surely
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3964579)   #4947
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liking the TPC Audi a lot, simple but effective
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3964584)   #4948
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger6 View Post
I have pretty much just had confirmation that the first two rounds are definitely postponed.

Silverstone round currently 50/50, but expect a BTCC announcement tonight/first thing tomorrow.

Our championship co-ordinator said this morning to write off the first three rounds.
christ. this is going to be devastating financially for a lot of people and teams. cheers for the heads-up.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3964587)   #4949
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
There's a lot of information on the Silverstone website, although they have the time wrong for the pit lane walkabout (It's 13.10, not 13.00), so not sure whether the rest of it is similarly inaccurate.
I think you'll find that the pitlane walkabout is being scrapped altogether
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3964590)   #4950
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I think you'll find that the pitlane walkabout is being scrapped altogether
Surely this info should have been made properly public by now. No good at 9 oclock tonight coming out saying oh just kidding you arent actually allowed to come. So if theres no pit lane walkabout are we not going to be allowed behind the garages either during the day?

I've tweeted both Silverstone and btcc now asking what's happening tomorrow both give no response.