Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which of these drivers is most likely to retire with a WDC trophy?
Monotya 29 31.18%
Kimi 22 23.66%
Button 37 39.78%
Webber 18 19.35%
Alonso 45 48.39%
Fisi 1 1.08%
Other 4 4.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Apr 2004, 08:35 (Ref:954300)   #26
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
My ordered list would be:

1.Alonso: the boy is a killer! In races he is motivated to eat every one who gets ahead him (example: Ralf in Imola). He wants to win and he wants it badly.

2.Kimi: Cool, focused, this boy is a freak who not even read Playboy lol

3.Montoya: Proven quantity, but with the possible shortcommings pointed in this thread.

4.Button: We know he is capable,a typical fast F1 driver. But, is he at the level of the formerly described.

5.Weber: I am a fan of him, but he has yet to prove he is able at the top level of races/cars. Otherwise he will do a Fisi or an Alesi.

6.Fisichella: In my view, he looks rather wasted. He was one of the hottest, but never got a fair chance on a good car. Maybe he is too nice as a person (Jenson?), just the opposite as so many champions (of last decades).

Last edited by Schummy; 28 Apr 2004 at 08:37.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 10:36 (Ref:954425)   #27
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato has got as good a chance as button, provided BAR treat both drivers equally.

i would love to see Webber become a WDC, and i'm an optimist. hard work and talent will work out for him eventually. Jaguar could be like BAR, and if Webber is still with them, in a half decent car, he'd mop the pits with the rest of the field assuming that MS would have retired by then.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 17:39 (Ref:954865)   #28
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by fog_shadow
Sato has got as good a chance as button, provided BAR treat both drivers equally.
Not really.

If BAR does not keep improving the car, Button has a good chance of ending up with Williams. Sato (or his manager) would need to do extra work to find a seat in another top team.

And Button has far more experience than Sato.
Assuming both of them are equally talented, the difference in experience makes Button a better driver that Sato at this moment.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 18:29 (Ref:954892)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting poll. None of the drivers above have been in a superior car, so the question is quite up in the air. It's a tough choice really. Montoya and Kimi came close last year, so I would say they could cut it. If Monty's Williams would have performed early in the season like it did at the close of the season, then he could have been WDC. Likewise had Kimi not had the engine failure at Nurburgring or a dated car, perhaps he would have been WDC. I feel all of them would have a shot if given the right car.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 22:53 (Ref:955218)   #30
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kimi is the most likely from that list to win a WDC.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 05:18 (Ref:955358)   #31
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am voting for Alonso to win the WDC first among the rest...

Though I'm a Kimi fan, I think Alonso has the better chance considering that he might be the only one among the top 5 mentioned not to migrate next year.....
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:27 (Ref:955670)   #32
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Jenson. He's matured so much these last couple of years, especially this year, of course, and looks like the real deal to me.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:45 (Ref:955708)   #33
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i voted webber because i believe ferrari will ask schumacher to help choose his replacement.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:53 (Ref:955720)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I voted for Button, but I also like Webber.

These two guys have some qualities that I feel the others lack. Both of these guys turned there teams around quickly upon there arrival. Jag and BAR were two teams going nowhere, and were the laughing stock of F1, and along come these two drivers, and they are instantly better. They seemingly transformed their respective teams, from a losing mentality, to a winners.

The difference here of course is that Jenson and Mark are in teams that allow for that. Had Kimi, JPM or Alonso come into these teams, they would have done the same.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 17:30 (Ref:955912)   #35
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much depends on the car. Button is driving superbly but I think he's also lucky to be in the right team at the right time, just as he was unlucky to be at Renault (at least in his first year).
And though I think Webber is excellent, Jaguar is no better with him driving than it was with Irvine.
If I had to choose the most likely, I'd go for Alonso, but all except Fisichella have a decent shot - and he's not out of it either.