Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 Jan 2004, 22:24 (Ref:841892)   #26
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stop picking on my mate Huffy.

Just cos' he won it. If it had been Hedgetts that won it, you'd be saying it was because of his Dad (who's also a bloody good bloke!). I'd like to see a lot of the front runners from the Seat series move onto BTCC. Stephan has incredible talent, as does Shedden, and even Andre, but they didn't win this time.

As I've said before, the reason there was contact was because it was so close. Too much metal trying to occupy the same piece of tarmac.

Rob.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 22:33 (Ref:841903)   #27
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Rob - I am afraid you will always find the winner of any series is picked on - but please join me in the Huffy fan club

As for the rest of it - I am afraid the cameras only picked the 'good for TV' or should I say 'bad for the sport' bits but some of the driving was abysmal and from people who should know better.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:56 (Ref:842328)   #28
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't need to be in the Huffy fan club, he's one of my instructing mates!! Though since he's elevated up to the higher echilons of the sport, I don't see him much. I saw him at the show, but he was busy busy busy, all that PR and stuff that you have to do when you are the "star" for the manufacturer

Rob.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 13:55 (Ref:842368)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Caught episode 2 of this from Silverstone, having missed it the first time round, and a couple of things surprised me.

They take it sooo seriously. Yes, I know there's a career riding on it, but I didn't think any of them actually enjoyed any of it. If I hated my job that much, I'd leave! And they forget they're doing something that so many people would give an arm and a leg to do. For goodness sake, have fun as well. The exception seemed to be Natalie Barrett, but of course she's come from the world of rallying where they still know how to have a good time. And of course finishing last reduces the pressure of expectation somewhat...

Similar to the above, how graceless so many were. The guy who was penalised for an absolutely blatent shove on Sheddon, then protested and lost and then claimed everyone was out to get him, especially as Sheddon was connected to the BRDC and he was Irish, etc, etc. No wonder the standard of driving in the series was so awful if the drivers are so incapable of seeing their own faults. The poster earlier who stated you can be serious and still be sporting is right on the mark.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 14:21 (Ref:842387)   #30
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree, the conduct of the majority of the drivers off the track was as bad as their driving. The likes of pickford, huff and sheddon to me seemed to be ok....but when you look at the drivers lower down the field the quality is awful.

Paula Cook's driving is nearly as bad as her attitude (post silverstone start/finish straight crash). She should be banned from TV, permanently. It is Drivers such as Cook,with no talent and bad attitude that took away the limelight from drivers who deserved it. Plato new it, but the directors seemed to think thats what the public need to see.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 14:58 (Ref:842404)   #31
Hamish Weir
Rookie

Hamish Weir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woolley Sheddon isn’t Irish mate he’s SCOTTISH. This reminds me of the scenario in London a few years back where a Jock walked in to a pub for an orange juice on his way home to fix a table leg which he was carrying in a Polly bag and when he left some F***ING idiot phone the police telling them that there was a guy was in a bar with an Irish accent and a shotgun under his arm and he was a member of the IRA. The police shot him dead in front of his home only to discover that it was a wooden table leg. Away from the discussion point I know.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 15:29 (Ref:842411)   #32
johneturbo
Rookie

johneturbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamish i think what wolley was saying is that the guy that knocked sheddon was irish,and because of being irish thats why he got the penalty, and lost 3dr place
shame he felt that way,as i saw it as a blatant shove
and he deserved to lose the place.

Last edited by johneturbo; 18 Jan 2004 at 15:31.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 18:02 (Ref:842509)   #33
Hamish Weir
Rookie

Hamish Weir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooops ok sorry.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 19:24 (Ref:842584)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, John, my typing was a little ambiguous, but that's exactly what I meant. In my defence I was trying to type it in the way the guy was saying it - "blah-de-blah, moan, moan, everyone hates me, think I'll go and eat worms" sort of thing, when the tv angle showed him going for a gap that was 3/4 of a car width and just shoved Sheddon out of the way. Mind, Gordon was a bit naughty nerfing him back after the finish line... children! I thought I was watching a report on junior karting given the behaviour of the participants. That may be unfair on junior kartists...
Old 18 Jan 2004, 20:19 (Ref:842633)   #35
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Be careful now, you could have said that he looked like Osama and George would be sending the B52's over to blast Rockingham off of the face of the earth!

Sheddon, the boy has talent, but like everyone, it needs to be tempered with a Prost style thinking head. Then he'll go far.

Championships are not just won by sheer speed, brains are needed too.

Rob.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 06:40 (Ref:843593)   #36
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Andy Neate - an old mate from Maxi Jazz racing days has signed up.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:16 (Ref:844226)   #37
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It would be fun to see Maxi himself out there - always good for the public..
Old 20 Jan 2004, 18:44 (Ref:844383)   #38
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
well now you come to mention it....
Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:13 (Ref:844418)   #39
racingdad
Veteran

over to you Les
Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:57 (Ref:844470)   #40
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
only joking though it would be lovely to see the man out in something.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:36 (Ref:849395)   #41
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Whatever happened to Maxi's racing ecploits? Boy, was he a breath of fresh air - one of the few people that remembered this is supposed to be fun. Don't know how he got a helmet big enough to contain the smile!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:49 (Ref:849408)   #42
racingdad
Veteran

I don't think he's raced anything since he had a monster smash in his twin turbo V8 Marcos (a real animal)
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:45 (Ref:849899)   #43
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
oh don't remind me of that - 2 years ago just before Christmas - nasty!
So his last race was Oct 21st 2001 just before that crump but he has been out testing this year. He tried out one of the Porsche celebrity cars but he needed more practice. (photos on the gallery at www.maxijazzracing.co.uk)
I am keeping his website going for a while more as there are whispers about
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:48 (Ref:849904)   #44
racingdad
Veteran

I forgot about the Porsche celeb bash... Get him out in Seats - it would be a blast; a reminder to all that motor racing can be fun.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 12:05 (Ref:849927)   #45
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
not being nasty to the bloke because I love him dearly but Melaney might just beat him...

Maxi should either be in something small and very very strong or big and rear wheel drive - I would love to see him in a marcos on the track.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 12:35 (Ref:849947)   #46
racingdad
Veteran

You're right - Melanie might beat him, but it would give her someone to race against and as I said, he'd bring an element of fun, and what would he do for the TV reality side! It'd be a hoot.