Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1398950)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Perhaps a moderator could create a poll about whether or not in peoples opinions is a DP a sportscar or not? That way we could settle this old arguement once and for all.
Yeah , a poll would sort things out . I reckon GA should be left to the rich daddies who cant afford real sportscars ! Like Jim Matthews , he threw his hat at sportscars and went GA ..... good luck to him , and Tracy Krohn .

I think the thing that is most disgusting about GA is the dimensions that govern the window shape and size , its definatly vile !!!

Mothercare have a DP in their new catalogue ..... They look simaler
Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1398954)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes PCM have left but Risi will hopefully be running a 2nd competitve MC12 so that IMO cancels out the loss of the PCM C5R.
Naa . At least the C5R is legal !!
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1399024)   #28
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we will see PCM back next year in a Prototype. Riley?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1399057)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
I think we will see PCM back next year in a Prototype. Riley?
I like that thought but , what makes you feel that ? I reckon they should buy a Zytek for next year or an Aston Martin and go kick some Corvette butt !
Old 5 Sep 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1399582)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Please, STOP !

Let's stay on the initial topic, OK ?

Edit : your posts are missing ? They've been deleted.

GARRA vs ALMS ? Sorry it's of topic there - and not welcome, as long as I'm around... support your serie and let the others live their own life - open a dedicated thread to support your serie, fine. Flame bait against a serie, and the banned stick won't be far. Don't like that way of moderating ? Fine, Admins are aware, ask for a new mod

Don't keep on this way, I can clearly see warnings and more coming...

Last edited by Fab; 6 Sep 2005 at 05:11.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1400596)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion ACEMCO's Mosport performance shows just how premature PCM's withdrawl was. Success isn't gained overnight. It takes hard work and experience.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1400633)   #32
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pacific Coast have learned a very important and expensive lesson - you can't expect to compete against the works on near-equal terms in modern motorsport... you're not going to have the best kit, you're not going to have full support; in short, however nicely PCM might want to put it, GM might've been interested in letting Pacific Coast develop their car to the point that it could run interference between the works cars and the Maser and Saleen, but not into a winner -- for a start, there's a lot of intellectual and financial capital invested in the C6 and there's nooooo waaaaaay they'll want to see it beaten by a C5!

I'd love to see Pacific Coast out there in something where they didn't have the 900lb gorilla of a works team hovering over them; I reckon they're well on the way to being strong enough to develop and run and run a class-winning car.

Incidentally, congratulations to ACEMCO for a splendid performance last weekend!

Last edited by Pete Fenelon; 6 Sep 2005 at 18:29. Reason: clarification!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1400646)   #33
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they want to retrun I'm sure Aston would love to work with them.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1400653)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this either a message to say if your a privateer then don't try and compete against the works outfits of the same manufacturer, or is it a cry that works teams in the GT classes spoil things?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1400668)   #35
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say the 1st Martyn, works/factory teams have their place in GT racing IMO, without them the class would still survive but it would lack some of the glamour that the class currently enjoys IMO. Anyone competing against Corvette at the moment faces a uphill challenge, especially when your in a 2001/2002 spec C5R.

It is possible to race head to head with the factory teams though as ACEMCO have proved this year in the ALMS and how Vitaphone and JMB have shown in the Spa 24hrs and Silverstone FIA GT race. Any privateer GT or LMP team surley knows the risks they are taking though when they take on the factory teams.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1400669)   #36
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would say the 1st Martyn, works/factory teams have their place in GT racing IMO, without them the class would still survive but it would lack some of the glamour that the class currently enjoys IMO. Anyone competing against Corvette at the moment faces a uphill challenge, especially when your in a 2001/2002 spec C5R.

It is possible to race head to head with the factory teams though as ACEMCO have proved this year in the ALMS and how Vitaphone and JMB have shown in the Spa 24hrs and Silverstone FIA GT race. Any privateer GT or LMP team surley knows the risks they are taking though when they take on the factory teams.
Let us not forget the ALMS mandated 'competition' adjustments that have put the Acemco car in its current competitive position.....
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1400678)   #37
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what will happen with the car . maybe it can make it's way to Europe

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Sep 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1400737)   #38
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to toot another series' horn but privateers can compete against the factory IF given nearly equal machinery. Not with what they were given in ALMS, but given a C6R I think the story would be different. They would by no means dominate, but they would have their days in the sun.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1400751)   #39
full throttle
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy
Not to toot another series' horn but privateers can compete against the factory IF given nearly equal machinery. Not with what they were given in ALMS, but given a C6R I think the story would be different. They would by no means dominate, but they would have their days in the sun.
what series would that be?? with factory involvement and equal machinery..
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1400815)   #40
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
anything involving Porsche really!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1400822)   #41
full throttle
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
anything involving Porsche really!
Porsche is a whole different philosophy. And next year no privateers will have the LMP2 to compete with Penske, similar to corvette situation.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1400824)   #42
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I was thinking of Porsche's GT cars - anyone really can have a go at trying to beat the works teams with the same equipment. Although maybe you mean it's different in that not all companies have the same way of operating as Porsche...?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1400832)   #43
full throttle
Racer

Quote:
I was thinking of Porsche's GT cars - anyone really can have a go at trying to beat the works teams with the same equipment. Although maybe you mean it's different in that not all companies have the same way of operating as Porsche...?
Yes, I mean porsche's operating scheme. But I'd also argue that there are no 'factory' porsche teams, just teams recieving varying amounts of assitance. Alex Job finds his own money and organizes his own team. With exception of factory drivers he is still independent in that he owns his equipment. Whereas the Corvette team is run with factory money, engineers, drivers, etc...
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1400839)   #44
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
what will happen with the car . maybe it can make it's way to Europe
It will very likely be sold to a collector.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1400841)   #45
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by full throttle
Alex Job finds his own money and organizes his own team. With exception of factory drivers he is still independent in that he owns his equipment.
Oh, ok.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1400860)   #46
full throttle
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Oh, ok.
Reality can be amusing hunh!!!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1400868)   #47
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
full throttle - I see what yer saying - privateer teams, but with more backing
Old 6 Sep 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1400879)   #48
full throttle
Racer

Quote:
full throttle - I see what yer saying - privateer teams, but with more backing
IMO this is where Porsche is headed with the LMP2 program. They are looking to establish a another profit center like GT2 and LMP2 provides the best opportunity of stability as a prototype class. If manufacturers come in and upset the balance it will most probably be in the premier LMP1 class, thus the LMP2 is somewhat safe from any 'groundbreaking' technology jumps. Time will tell but the Porsche people are very smart about this type of thing. One wishes Chevy were the same way, providing support to all teams and maybe keeping PM as the preferred team like porsche does with Job.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1400995)   #49
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by full throttle
Reality can be amusing hunh!!!

No, it's just that AJR does receive more than just drivers from Porsche. Which is what I believe you were trying to state.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 03:43 (Ref:1401004)   #50
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are correct Fogelhund. I also believe that PWL is on a similar arrangement as is Groupe M in FIA GT.