Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1337387)   #26
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the woodland etc makes oulton around Lodge etc. Facilities are great for club racing up to BTCC/F3 levels however if you look at silverstone with many more garages etc i just dont think it would be possible for F1 to go there. Also would the paddock be big enough to accomodate GP2, Porsches and all the other support series?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1337404)   #27
nickandrews
Rookie

nickandrews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a very good point, and no, i dont think it would be big enough. You could probably squeeze the porches in there. I'd like to see some demonstration laps there of a current formula one car. Maybe in years to come at the Gold Cup when they celebrate another manufacturer, they could show off some racing cars of a particular make upto the present day. That would be the only likely time modern Formula 1 cars would drive the circuit, but still very unlikely!!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1337427)   #28
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a nice idea, and the circuit would certainly offer the sort of challenge missing at the modern type of circuit, in particular Island bend and Druids. However it could never happen for all the reasons stated (Safety, Traffic etc). It is my local circuit and i have very fond memories of going with my dad to watch the Gold Cup (late 60s early 70s) when the likes of Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, Jim Clark etc would turn up with their GP teams and race on the long circuit, (without the chicanes i would add)fantastic. No i am afraid you will just have to leave it as it is (perhaps remove the top chicane) for us club racers to play on. Having just returned to racing it has been a pleasure to compete on the full circuit, which was closed between 1979/1982 when i was last racing. We only had the Fosters circuit then. I can however fully recommend to any body who has not raced there or raced at all, to get up and do a track day. You will experience a fantastic driving experience on a circuit which is really hardly changed from it's original configuration.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1337508)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pD F1
Agree with everything apart from the road access, the A49, A556 A51 and A54 are all close, providing good access from Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Shrewsbury and London. One of the best for road access.
Good roads, but could they cope with GP traffic?

I agree with the others. Oulton will never run an F1 race again. Unless something very dramatic happens. It will run F1 cars again, but they will be historic F1 cars!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1337630)   #30
pD F1
Racer

pD F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Good roads, but could they cope with GP traffic?

I agree with the others. Oulton will never run an F1 race again. Unless something very dramatic happens. It will run F1 cars again, but they will be historic F1 cars!

When is the Gold Cup held there? As I'm considering going to it this year.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1337635)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ev...?ProductID=561

28/29 August. It should be a good meeting. That is bank holiday weekend. Although I hope to be at Donington.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1337648)   #32
pD F1
Racer

pD F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ev...?ProductID=561

28/29 August. It should be a good meeting. That is bank holiday weekend. Although I hope to be at Donington.
Thanks for that.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1337649)   #33
nickandrews
Rookie

nickandrews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
End of august on the bank holiday weekend. Its great, get to see and speak the greats such as Stirling Moss, Jacky Stuart, Jack Brabham etc..! This year is a celebration of Chevron. Gold cup is well worth the visit for both the Sunday and Monday
Old 23 Jun 2005, 06:34 (Ref:1337959)   #34
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I don't think track width is such a problem. I mean, we still race at Monaco.....

The lack of run off is the big stumbling block.
And Monaco has acres of run-off of course.......

Anyway, i agree with the posts above regarding Oulton and not wanting it changed.

It is just too class.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1338586)   #35
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i have raced this track on Pro Race driver 2 , it is a bit to narrow for F1 RACING but it would make a hell of a qualifing session!!