Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Nov 2007, 05:45 (Ref:2075031)   #26
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G
The NZV8's dont have a racing spoiler on the back, its just the standard BA rear bumper, and Guss I cant find anything on the net in terms of highlights, a shame really. Just got home from track, will post some pics and thoughts from the day later.

Thanks Biggy G
Old 25 Nov 2007, 06:14 (Ref:2075035)   #27
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss
As a Rat fan living in Australia, is there anyway I can see these Races, etc Video clips??/
Sadly not Guss, you might get a news report on the TVNZ web site, failing that TVNZ show the races on Sunday motorsport (3.00pm TV1). Thay have gotten into the habbit of showing race 1 from all the classes one week all race 2 the next and all race 3 the following. We just got to see R3 from Pukekohe today. At the end of the year they are likley to produce a DVD for sale, see below link for last years

http://www.nzv8s.co.nz/DVD

Quote:
The NZV8's dont have a racing spoiler on the back, its just the standard BA rear bumper, and Guss I cant find anything on the net in terms of highlights, a shame really. Just got home from track, will post some pics and thoughts from the day later.
Yea but for some reason Rats car looks oddly old in the back end. Some pics of some other back ends. Look forward to seeing some of your pics bud

Race 3 results up here

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=704705

Last edited by NAC; 25 Nov 2007 at 06:19.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 06:31 (Ref:2075036)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a pointscore around somewhere? I presume Mr McIntyre is in the series lead?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Nov 2007, 06:33 (Ref:2075037)   #29
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. J McIntyre - Ford 382
2. K Scott - Ford 331
3. A Fogg - Ford 328
4. P Radisich - Ford 319
Old 25 Nov 2007, 06:57 (Ref:2075040)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
1. J McIntyre - Ford 382
2. K Scott - Ford 331
3. A Fogg - Ford 328
4. P Radisich - Ford 319
A parity adjustment looms?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Nov 2007, 07:08 (Ref:2075043)   #31
Biggy G
Veteran

Holden really needs one, they just arent an attractive option for teams. Kayne Scott switched this year and its starting to pay off. Manuell was the only Holden that was competitive all weekend, and if they arent careful next year 90% of the cars will be Fords.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 07:33 (Ref:2075047)   #32
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep whats the bet it will be sooner rather than layer
Old 25 Nov 2007, 07:51 (Ref:2075048)   #33
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly doesn't seem like parity between the makes. Teams just don't change from one make to the other if they are competitive.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2075051)   #34
Biggy G
Veteran

Scott openly admitted that he would love to stay with Holden but he just wouldnt have been able to win the championship while driving one.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 20:19 (Ref:2075352)   #35
Biggy G
Veteran

Here are a selection of photos from Sunday, I filled up my memory card during the V8 race so I timed that quite well. This is just Sundays lot, if I find a few good ones from Firday I might upload those too.

Overall impression of the weekend was that I loved it. I'll definately be returning next year and would even like to make another round this year. Everyone that I dealt with was really nice and finally getting to meet Angus face to face was great. The promo material for Havoline is awesome, try making the little bloody model they give ya without swearing, im pretty sure its impossible.

The racing was very good too, I know the purists don't like the reverse grid but it was by far the best race of the day, only time the crowd got to cheer for a Holden v Ford battle during the day was in this race, and a massive oil slick coming out of the first hair pin added to the excitment a bit. Radisich is going to be tough to beat in the championship, although he's not quite there with the reverse grid racing yet, Mcintyre got a good clean run through the field. Angus Fogg will be right there too, he was going well until Besnard took him out, recovered very well to catch back up to Scott and the Rat though.

Out of the other classes I really enjoyed the Porsches, although the final race wasnt too exciting with them, they reversed the first 6 grid spots but by the 3rd corner they were in their normal running order, in their first race on sunday Rodney Forbes had a little of track excursion and he drove very hard to make it through the field. The other classes were good to watch too, the minis had soem good battles. Was a shame that the Toyota Racign series wasnt on the card, it would have been cool to see them their too.

Biggest crash from Sunday goes to Tim Edgell, who drove straight into a marshalls area and destroyed the tyre wall and his car. Pics below.

That better? - GTRMagic

Last edited by GTRMagic; 26 Nov 2007 at 03:16.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2075405)   #36
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Here are a selection of photos from Sunday, I filled up my memory card during the V8 race so I timed that quite well. This is just Sundays lot, if I find a few good ones from Firday I might upload those too.

Overall impression of the weekend was that I loved it. I'll definately be returning next year and would even like to make another round this year. Everyone that I dealt with was really nice and finally getting to meet Angus face to face was great. The promo material for Havoline is awesome, try making the little bloody model they give ya without swearing, im pretty sure its impossible.

Glad to see you had a good time, some good pics. Can I suggest you only put 4 to 5 thumbnails per line.

Tell me can you make out what is on Andersons window above his name. Can read the last bit "ROSS" cant see the rest.

I think you need a bigger memory card. Nothing short of a gig.

If you can make it come up for the Taupo A1 round. The extra spectical of the A1 makes it all worth it. Also good weather to go camping to if the budget is streched over the xmas period.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:00 (Ref:2075433)   #37
Biggy G
Veteran

Oh sorry, looked right in Firefox, at polytech now I see it looks horrible in IE, cant edit now either sorry. Maybe a mod could delete the photos and i'll repost them?

It says something along the lines of Thank You Nick and [insert wifes name here] Ross.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:18 (Ref:2075441)   #38
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NAC]

Tell me can you make out what is on Andersons window above his name. Can read the last bit "ROSS" cant see the rest.

QUOTE]

Look like thanks to Nick & Michael ROSS.

I think he leased their car from last year for this meeting.

His banana is back in the shop.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 03:26 (Ref:2075508)   #39
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Oh sorry, looked right in Firefox, at polytech now I see it looks horrible in IE, cant edit now either sorry. Maybe a mod could delete the photos and i'll repost them?

It says something along the lines of Thank You Nick and [insert wifes name here] Ross.
Ahhh Maria (wifes name).

That he did Blueblood

Nice one GTR. That's a lot better
Old 26 Nov 2007, 03:43 (Ref:2075514)   #40
Biggy G
Veteran

Cheers GTR. And with the Ross car, notice what is directly in front of his? Thats another holden facing straight at him, he musta been thinking oh not again......
Old 26 Nov 2007, 06:18 (Ref:2075532)   #41
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Cheers GTR. And with the Ross car, notice what is directly in front of his? Thats another holden facing straight at him, he musta been thinking oh not again......
True, I never noticed that before
Old 26 Nov 2007, 07:29 (Ref:2075551)   #42
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Think you will find that it was Nick Ross.

They were very gentlemen like in giving each other time and room to get going again
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:58 (Ref:2075591)   #43
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
So mountainstar have you found the hot chick yet. Hope you're getting a good bit of Southern hospitality
Back in the land of bottomless CookieTime Triple Chocolate.

No unfortunately haven't found the hot chick yet although there seem to be plenty around.

The journey proved longer than expected due to arriving in Auckland and discovering Qantas had not loaded my bag on board. Nothing like wondering around Auckland in a daze with 2 day old clothes and nothing else. Qantas gave me a quite nice toiletry bag and Kmart fixed me up with a cheap pair of jeans and a flash V8 supercar shirt. Finally ended up here via Taupo, Wellington and a friends house.

So first I gotta say an impressive weekend all around. I think NZv8's hold their own quite well. Personally if I picked, I would probably go see the NZv8's over V8 Supercars. The cars seem to have the right mix of power and grip for good racing. That's my opinion anyways.

The race weekend was well run from my perspective. Ruapuna is a very nice track with good spectator facilities and good access to all areas. Another thing that was good is that the track was hot almost all day with constant activity except for lunch. I've been to many races where there can be a 2 hour delay with no on track activity.

It would be nice if the TV footage could be ported to Speed TV in the USA.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2075652)   #44
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Wow a free pair of jeans and a Supercar shirt, they really splashed out on that one then. Hope you end up getting your gear back.

I take it you are still in South Island then. CookieTime is just down the road further south of the track.

Sounds like you had a good time anyway. Bring on Taupo
Old 1 Dec 2007, 00:41 (Ref:2079103)   #45
fordlover
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, AUstralia
fordlover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biggy G on sunday were you sitting/standing in the Denni Hulme stand? i was too i was down the hairpin end about 2 rows from the top, then went and stood on the "bleechers" infront of the food stall