Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Put money where mouth is.....
MSchumacher 19 31.15%
Montoya 38 62.30%
Raikkonen 3 4.92%
RSchumacher 0 0%
Someone else (specify and include convincing argument why!!) 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Aug 2003, 00:41 (Ref:680072)   #26
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It ain't finish yet, my money's on Kimi Räikkönen
Old 5 Aug 2003, 04:26 (Ref:680150)   #27
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Nearly 50 votes and not a one for old Ralfie boy...sooooo sad
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 05:59 (Ref:680178)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
JPM -- although I fully expect Ferrari/TGF to try something desperate in the last two races -- ramming him off the track (see Frenzy in Montreal) or having his car excluded or perhaps another Team Orders scenario in which Rubens hands him another "win" ...

Still, now that we all know he will do this, perhaps he would not dare.
At least it gave you yet another opportunity to stick the knife in though

No votes for Ralf, well of course not. The German crash and the disgusting penalty that followed ended his title hopes. Added to that Montoya's current pace.

Sorry people, but your holding onto false hope. If Michael follows JPM home in the next 3 races (and I still think thats unlikely given previous years results) they will go into the last race equal on points. Suzuka, Michael territory. Juan could'nt even keep up with Ralf there last year.

I would rule it out, but I dont think Monty can pull it off. Added to that, when it comes to the wheel-to-wheel stuff Juan cant take the risks he got away with at Nurburgring now, and I'm sure MS wont let him off that easy next time.

MS for WDC (just) and Williams for WCC (by a mile).
Old 5 Aug 2003, 06:51 (Ref:680195)   #29
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money's on JPM.

But, just wait and see...
Old 5 Aug 2003, 06:55 (Ref:680198)   #30
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it's JPM, but I can see Schumacher taking a controversial championship, or the BMW blowing up or something sad like that

At least the WCC seems to be a gimme for Williams.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 08:23 (Ref:680257)   #31
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Sorry people, but your holding onto false hope. If Michael follows JPM home in the next 3 races (and I still think thats unlikely given previous years results) they will go into the last race equal on points. Suzuka, Michael territory. Juan could'nt even keep up with Ralf there last year.
It's hard to see how Michael can roll in second in each race though - Ralf will be right up there, and both McLarens will be at least as strong as the Ferrari. Even Renault threaten to take points away from Schumacher. Previous year's results aren't much to go by; last year was the all-powerful F2002/Bridgestone year, so that doesn't tell us much - but the year previous was a Wiliams win in Monza in a much inferior car on Michelin tyres that were just in their infancy. If you went by previous years you wouldn't expect a string of wins through the European season at all sorts of circuits.

Last edited by Glen; 5 Aug 2003 at 08:28.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 09:24 (Ref:680308)   #32
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
What are you saying Glen, you think Michael is looking at 5th and 6th places for the rest of the year?

If anyone thinks JPM is going to walk this home, go ahead a say so. I'm saving the thread so the realists can look back and mock.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 09:49 (Ref:680320)   #33
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No - not that extreme either Wrex (God - why does severyone have to assume you mean the complete opposite?) - but I do think second would be a very lucky result in three out of the remaining frour races. He nearly managed second on Sunday, but only because Ralf and Kimi were already out... so that would have meant fourth at best. On the other hand Montoya can't expect four wins either, because he's got Ralf, Kimi and Michael to contend with and one lap qualifying leaves a lot of potential for cock-ups. So - I'm not suggesting JPM will walk it (I've never said that - in fact, check my first post in this thread) but I am saying that Michael will need luck to go with the talent to get on the podium at all in the next three races.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:18 (Ref:680337)   #34
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Agreed, Michael can't expect to come second, but neither can anyone expect JPM to win 3 races in a row either.

My original point was, Monty still has to catch MS, before he can beat him. Yes, the Williams has been the goods in the last few races, but as ut turned around for them, it can turn around for Ferrari.

You can bet Ferrari and Bridgestone are working OT at the moment, not just for the championship, but for their respective home races coming up.

Add to this Hungry not being a JPM favorite, and Michael having a mortgage over Suzuka, and Michaels abilty and luck to pull out the stops when the presure is on, a JPM WDC is hardly in the bag.

As I said, people can think what they want, and post it here. I have no doubt there will be excuses and chuckles when this thread is brought back up (no matter which comes out on top).
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:22 (Ref:680338)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I think Rubens has a great chance.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:30 (Ref:680344)   #36
Glen
Veteran

One more time Wrex: I don't think it's in the bag! And, I don't think JPM will roll through to a string of easy wins. But. I don't see how Bridgestone will bouce back in the middle of a testing ban either, and even when they could test they had no answer.

I think JPM will be ahead before Indy, and then it gets more psychological because Montoya will have it all to lose. It's going to be great.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 13:19 (Ref:680482)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This article from the beeb is mildly amusing. It predicts what is going to happen in each of the next four races.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3122163.stm

Ends up with Montoya and Michael level on points, but Mihael getting it by having an extra win (by the end of the season).

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Aug 2003 at 13:20.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 14:06 (Ref:680516)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's tough then ! A perfect end for this season !

Oh, no wait ! JPM should win ! At least to break TGF's chain of WDC
Old 5 Aug 2003, 14:44 (Ref:680547)   #39
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money goes on Montoya. He has got the talent but most important at last he has a car that he can display his raw speed and talent with. I think Ferrari will have a hard enough time beating Mclaren and renault, and Ferrari needed this 3 week test ban like a hole in the head.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 15:19 (Ref:680562)   #40
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
<Does rain dance for remaining 4 races>
Old 5 Aug 2003, 16:35 (Ref:680619)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Even that depends on how much and when it rains.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 17:43 (Ref:680666)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Indy under rain ? Wonderful !