Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2003, 05:32 (Ref:591919)   #26
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Right I forgot about the new team orders rule...in which case Ferrari DEFINATLY will not hire any new drivers. They have Rubens fully indocrinated as to how things work at Ferrari and they can be sure (as long as they give him a few token wins and podiums) he won't rock the boat. My guess is Rubens will partner MS until he retires or leaves Ferrari.
.... bringing us full circle back to my original post .....
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
....and while personal bias riddles these threads, logic has left the building.

....there is no way in hell they are going to spend a zillion dollares in MS if Alonso, Jacques or Montoya could do they same thing for less money.
Thankyou
Old 7 May 2003, 06:00 (Ref:591929)   #27
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well my orginal point was that Ferrari make more than they spend off Schumi
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 7 May 2003, 06:05 (Ref:591931)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
In results? Of course

If you mean caps and T-shirts, your kidding right?
Old 7 May 2003, 06:40 (Ref:591948)   #29
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Well if that's your logic...sure.
I'm guessing you weren't a business major.

Last edited by TeddyG; 7 May 2003 at 06:45.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 7 May 2003, 06:47 (Ref:591953)   #30
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Wrex, for once...or twice? (I don't usually go with officials)

TeddyG, come on man, you sure? Ferrari make more "what" then they spend on that nice German bloke Mike? You're kidding us right? Hold on, your comment does have credence.

A company thinks "Hmmm we have to get back to the top, who do we need to do it? How many people?"

Ferrari have done the job, not that nice German bloke Mike. He carries the can, but he did'nt do it. But he sure sells alot of T-shirts and caps.
Old 7 May 2003, 06:54 (Ref:591956)   #31
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Actually I am!

Your point? :confused:
Old 7 May 2003, 06:56 (Ref:591959)   #32
Gunslinger
Racer

What?
Old 7 May 2003, 06:59 (Ref:591963)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Answering teddy's post
Old 7 May 2003, 07:03 (Ref:591965)   #34
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Believe you me if Shumi was to leave the team the amount of merchandise sales, sponsorship deals to finance the team, etc, etc, etc, would fall by an amount much more than what they currently pay Shumi...

think about it guys their budget right now is some 300-400 million per year Shumi is paid at the very most 10% of this, where do you think this money comes from? That FIAT just pays for all of it so that they can keep winning??? If Shumi was to leave and he IS F1 how do you think Vodaphone, Marlboro, Shell, etc, etc, would react? My guess is by a reduction in sponsorship money or a complete pullout.
...that's my point.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:10 (Ref:591971)   #35
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
LMAO - If they replaced him Jacques who would blame them?

Of course these sponsors are there (for the large part) because of Michael, Why? Because he delivers results! Do you really think they would be there if he was'nt any good?
Old 7 May 2003, 07:14 (Ref:591977)   #36
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely discussion!! The best part was that one with "merchandise".... Never suspected that, so that's the secret goal of Formula 1. So they spend 500 millions per year to sell T-shirts.... at $30 apiece let's pretend nett gain, that would mean that selling 20 millions per year will cover the expenses and get a little profit. The TV exposure time is a bonus Still one point I don't get... who decided that Michael Schumacher sells more merchandise...
Old 7 May 2003, 07:17 (Ref:591980)   #37
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I can answer that Red - JV wont sell as many because he's "human" and speaks his mind.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:20 (Ref:591981)   #38
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Good point. No Ferrari drive for him then
Old 7 May 2003, 07:21 (Ref:591982)   #39
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
No but we were talking about strictly on track why is he paid so much...as you even said that JV, Raikkonen, or Montoya could have won the WDC 2000-2002 if they were in the Ferrari. He is not paid a gazillion dollars because he can do that much of a better job than any of those guys. It is simply because he was in that car and has now won 5 WDC's that he IS F1...it is his name more than his driving which command's the salery he gets is all I am saying.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:23 (Ref:591983)   #40
Gunslinger
Racer

Great debate.

Quote:
I'm guessing you weren't a business major
Eh? Manalive, i'm not a major. Built, ran and owned two companies at the same time though. Whatever.

I see your point Teddy, but what's so bad about it? Yes it could've been anyone, hold on, no it could'nt. Ok i'm lost then.

That really nice friendly German chap was in the right place at the right spot, i mean time. Also there happened to be many ppl that saw..."Hmmm this German man could sell us heaps of T-shirts and caps"

He delivered, did he not? Did the Team not deliver? It's so much more than M. Schumacher. Maybe it's true that someone else could've done a similar job? Guess what.

Someone will.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:23 (Ref:591984)   #41
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Which is why they won't bring in a driver (who could get the same results in that car)...because that would mean a loss in the revenue they could generate from sponsors, merchandise, etc, etc....that is what I am saying.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:26 (Ref:591985)   #42
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
as you even said that JV, Raikkonen, or Montoya could have won the WDC 2000-2002 if they were in the Ferrari.
You said that Wrex? I believed that it was you, Teddy, who made that assertion. And is false by the way. Let's pretend they could win 1 of them, (not sure anyway) But definitelly not all of them. Schumacher would have gone to Minardi and make them champions in a couple of years. Meanwhile Ferrari would have not dominated the grid, Macs and Willies would get 1 each, and in 2006 Minardi for WCC.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:26 (Ref:591986)   #43
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Anyways I can see that the Ferrari lovers Red and Wrex are now going to gang up on me ruining the chance for any real arguement...I have to go now...homework ya see.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:28 (Ref:591987)   #44
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Lol, this can't be a real and serious argument, right? Wasn't it supposed to be for fun? :confused:
Old 7 May 2003, 07:29 (Ref:591988)   #45
Gunslinger
Racer

K yes. But remember "THAT CAR" in 1996? Or better yet, the preceding years?
Old 7 May 2003, 07:30 (Ref:591989)   #46
Gunslinger
Racer

Ahhhhhhhh Man! Is this all for FUN!
Old 7 May 2003, 07:32 (Ref:591992)   #47
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
"K yes. But remember "THAT CAR" in 1996? Or better yet, the preceding years?" Bah, who cares... Ferraris from 200-2003 just grow up in trees and Michael Schumacher was first to harvest them. I guess..
Old 7 May 2003, 07:37 (Ref:591995)   #48
Gunslinger
Racer

K yes. I was eating a burger and missed this one..."Macs and Willies would get 1 each, and in 2006 Minardi for WCC"

Eh? I repeat "EH?"

What on Earth happened to Minardi winning in 2005? It's obvious Red, that you are not a business major. Now go and do some homework.
Old 7 May 2003, 07:38 (Ref:591997)   #49
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

PS: I am NOT a business major!!!!
Old 7 May 2003, 07:40 (Ref:591998)   #50
Gunslinger
Racer

1,803 years is a long time Red.....i remember when...