Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Apr 2008, 08:05 (Ref:2190859)   #26
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
lol, you won't find it that EASY online, the site in which I use I was turned on too by a fellow poster and told not to spread the word. I have told a few people but they are dire hard race fans and record races, so I know they will give back.

It doesn't come up on Google or any other good search engine.

Brit GT thus far has been great, beating and bangin are the order of the day and yes the Jones' boys are aggressive, very much so...

But that adds to the fun!

Looking forward too the rest of the season!
Old 2 May 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2192564)   #27
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
lol, you won't find it that EASY online, the site in which I use I was turned on too by a fellow poster and told not to spread the word. I have told a few people but they are dire hard race fans and record races, so I know they will give back.

It doesn't come up on Google or any other good search engine.
has any one else seen O'Brother, Where Art Thou? "Aah'm a member of a certayn secret society, I don't think i need to mention it's name"

Great to see Ascari win at last, been a long time coming.

Maybe it'll rebuild Klaas's falling interest? Well, we can all dream!
Old 2 May 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2192816)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great racing.
I like this track.
Old 27 May 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2213181)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bringing this thread back from the dead as it was announced at the Rockingham round that a number of cars had been DQed from Knockhill for undertaking under yellows etc.

Details -> http://www.britishgt.com/news.php?ac...ms%5Bid%5D=335
Old 27 May 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2213218)   #30
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The commentators picked up on this during the broadcast so it's hardly surprising to see the penalties thrown down. It's sad because it may well be the end of the Ascari in the championship since the Jones brothers are throwing a snit-fit now, but while the flagging positions at Knockhill need to be rethought, it's hard to give people a get out of jail free card for passing under yellow.
Old 27 May 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2213288)   #31
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
but while the flagging positions at Knockhill need to be rethought, it's hard to give people a get out of jail free card for passing under yellow.
The flag positions are fine at Knockhill, they don't "need to be rethought" at all. They are fine, if you keep your eyes open they're obvious.

The touring cars don't seem to have a problem neither do the club racers, so why should the GTs be the exception?
Old 30 May 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2215632)   #32
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
...Now, its either I wasn't paying attention or I was seeing things but I had a feeling the Ascari passed under yellow flags and was expecting some sort of penalty to be mentioned at the end of the program. Did anyone else get that impression?
I wasn't going mad then!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2220659)   #33
Adam28
Rookie

Scotland
Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland!
Adam28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the flaggie at the entrance to the hairpin with the stationary yellow and frankly the Ascari got what it deserved. While the post isn't that high it is raised slightly, and the flag was out before the Ascari approached, so the flag should have been seen further back when the Ascari was alongside the Aston and his view was not obstructed. Even if the stationary was not noticed, a waved yellow was shown at the hairpin(not seen on tv due to the camera position), a green was displayed going up the straight and the driver would easily have seen the white Porsche and orange marshals on the infield as he entered and exited the corner.The Jones brothers need to watch it back and see they were in the wrong, but they're only worried about losing the win, not the safety of other competitors or marshals.And pulling out of the series over a matter like that is really immature, they need to grow up and get on with it, they're supposed to be professional racers.

As for the other cars thrown out in the second race, they were also rightly excluded, they seemed to have the idea that as long the car was in a different class, it was okay to overtake under yellows. They need to read the rulebook.