Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Nov 2003, 04:02 (Ref:789026)   #26
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can email you the pics- i saved a couple just PM me.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 09:14 (Ref:789202)   #27
917Addicted
Racer

917Addicted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone said, it looks as a C-Class DTM lookalike. GT??? No! But a good looking tourer
Old 21 Nov 2003, 18:10 (Ref:790895)   #28
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Then this Caddy is supposed to be like a "Hi-Rev Tuner" for Geezers???

The only people I see driving caddies in the USA are the Senior Citizens in their "Sans-A-Belt" double knit pants...

Are they big fans of the Speed World Challenge???

Just curious...
Some of the Caddilac products from the past ten years have been rather pleasant looking, if nothing else.
this thing is butt ugly.
I can not see any Caddilac loyal buyer selling his old car for this wretched looking brick.

The new cars without the front bumpers, RR, Daimler, etc all look like the front of a brick with a fake grill pasted on.
I do not know who has decided that the battering-ram look is stylish but a plague on their styling depts.
Bob
Old 21 Nov 2003, 18:26 (Ref:790922)   #29
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Bob:

This new "angular" styling that cadillac has adopted really turns me off, too....before they went in this direction, I kinda liked the Cadillac STS Coupe...a little boxy for my taste, but at least the line sand the overall package looked pretty good, and I actually drove one to see what it was like...nice power and decent (but stiff)handling for the type of car that it is

Personally, I don't object to touring cars, and in fact, I watch them race, too....if the cars are fast and the action on the track is good to watch, I tune it in or I buy a ticket to it...

To GTTouring....

I know that Caddy is trying to hit that Yuppie-Suburb Upper$$$ BMW buyer....and they do watch Speed World Challenge and Sportscar racing...sot this does make sense from a marketing perspective

To be honest with you, I haven't seen as many geezers driving the new angular Caddies, but I still see more of them behind the wheels of them than I do the Yuppies....

That tide will turn if Caddy decides to actually produce some of the two-seat performance sports roadsters that they have showcased in auto shows over the past couple of years as concept cars......

And based on what I saw of those form the various car publications, they WOULD qualify in my book as a GTS class car...still angualr and ugly, but other attributes would clearly put them in that category...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Nov 2003, 19:42 (Ref:790980)   #30
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know, the XLR isn't a terrible-looking car, and it's a 2-seater that has a hardtop (of sorts). If Caddy made a dedicated hardtop of that car, it would be a better entrant into the Speed WC GT category, IMO.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Nov 2003, 21:12 (Ref:791036)   #31
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Saw an XLR at PLM last year and really liked it, don't like the CTS nearly as much though, strange as the frontal treatment isn't a lot different.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:15 (Ref:799599)   #32
DiscoGoober
Racer

DiscoGoober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In this month's Car and Driver, they have a brief article which states that the car is set for the Speed World Challenge GT Series next season. It also contains a picture of the car with race paint on it for next year.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 23:36 (Ref:799668)   #33
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also recent speculation saying the CTS is actually intended for ALMS duty? I wonder who will get the factory Cads??? WCGT or ALMS???