Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2147611)   #26
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gadea wins 125cc, ahead of Olive, Bradl, di Meglio and Redding.

Talmacsi and Smith suffered mechanical problems, Gabor 12th, Smith out of points. de Rosa crashed out.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2147614)   #27
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michelin have certainly hit back hard in the first qualifying session of 2008 by sweeping the front row.

Congrats must go to Lorenzo for taking pole on his debut.

Looks like Rossi's move to Bridgestone will have to wait to see if he was right. It was only qualifying, and perhaps qualifying / racing at night may help Michelin, but that is impressive from a tyre manufacturer that was basically annihilated last season.

Whatever the case, I think it'll be an interesting race.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2147620)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sergio Gadea very emotional!

Smith has inherited Pasini's bike.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2147622)   #29
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic ride by Gadea who's clearly hurting badly. What about Scott Redding though! One to watch in the future!
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2147623)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hell yeah! A couple of good Brit rides really, shame Smith had no chance.

Could be a good year for our scabby little island in 125cc.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2147627)   #31
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moto GP is going to have to go some to be as good as that!
Old 9 Mar 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2147665)   #32
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
or that .. 250 was even better

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2147736)   #33
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi fifth in Race 1

Mike
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2147740)   #34
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
stoner 1st

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2147757)   #35
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
A lot of stand out performances for the first race actually. Lorenzo beating his team mate with 2nd and the pole in his first time out. Dovizioso for that epic duel and brave manoeuvres at the end. Toseland for his first performance under power.

Some fantastic action (as ever really), but based on today alone I don't think any predictions can really be made for the season.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2147759)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see the way Ducati backed the fuelling off at the beginning of the race with Casey.

He was in the draft and slowest on the straight for first 8 or so laps, then suddenly th thing picks up 20km/h!!! lol

Best ride for me is Dani, buggered hand, hardly any testing and if he could pass opn the brakes he would win more races!!

And of course Dovi, pure class, nothing more, where was the next 07 Honda??
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2147765)   #37
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a brit up there and bashing bodywork hopefully Toseland can keep it up for the rest of the season
Old 9 Mar 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2147821)   #38
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Post race interview with Rossi.

Interviewer: "So Valentino, that looked a pretty tough race with Casey being very strong again - how do you think it went?"

Vale: "Well, we could have had a fantastic race, but for the tyres. They just do not work - it is a shame because Casey's tyres are so much better. The Bridgestone guys have it so easy..."

Vale, is interrupted by Jeremy Burgess who overhears the discussion and rushes over to whisper something in Rossi's ear. Rossi resumes...

"Yamaha really needs to lift their game. They either fix the bike or I go. And Jeremy, get a haircut. I don't like it - every time I see it on the pit wall I am distracted."
Old 9 Mar 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2147840)   #39
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
you do know you have to provide a source don't you ?

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Mar 2008, 23:04 (Ref:2147857)   #40
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I forgot to say "alleged" post race interview...
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:15 (Ref:2147887)   #41
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we need some new nicknames.

I'm not sure if Jorge should be "Jollypop", "Lollypop" or some varitaion on "Jorge Foreman Grill."

I'm thinking Toesland shoudl be "Vanilla Bear", and Dovi is nameless, faceless, so we'll leave him with Dovi.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2148437)   #42
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well done casey, great ride.

1st - Casey on Bridgestones

Next rider on bridgestones:

5th - Rossi on Bridgestones.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2148479)   #43
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
is not that simple .. better would be

Stoner+Ducati+Bridgestone - 1st
Rossi+Yamaha+Bridgestone - 5th

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Mar 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2148495)   #44
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was OK under the lights- the race was good, but under the lights didn't add anything to the race, and it made it more grim as you could not see the whole track, it felt a little forced not as fun as day race..
but that being said i hat those desert tracks with no green in between the tarmac- that looks worse than a night race
Old 10 Mar 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2148531)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hehe Dani

You can try mate but you will never stop it!!

Gotta say fair play to Stoner, that combination was simply unbeatable. Only guy on Bridgeys to be anywhere near the pace and also the calculate they they could ahve 5 laps at low revs etc was just an example of how hard its gonna be for everyone else to get even in the same sport.

I think Vale will struggle simply coz the Yam team ahvent got the data, and also now he is the second one, Stoner is the Bridgy main man and rememebr the tyres are tested remorselessly by Itoh and Guareschi. If there is a works Bridge team its Ducati, for no other reaosn than they ahve been their main test and development team for years.

It happened in F1 with Ferrari and it worked. Will be interesting to see if Vale can get teh Yam working. I think he will coz Qatar is a very one-off track. No way would a year old bike be as quick as Toseland and Colin otherwise.

AS said before, think Dani rode like a demon, dont like the bloke but really where was Nicky? Utterly battered!!
Old 10 Mar 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2148586)   #46
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
as much as i don't like Pedrosa ... i sure wasn't expecting that performance .. imho ride of the race..

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Mar 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2148596)   #47
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what i call a great start
I don't think enyone expected a race that good from him, i was surpised too...
Old 11 Mar 2008, 08:38 (Ref:2148947)   #48
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race but I was at the in-laws so had the misfortune of having to watch the BBC coverage of the race rather than Eurosport. It got to the point where I almost had to turn the sound off. Where did they get the phrase "gapping" from? They must have said it about 50 times, "the leader is gapping Pedrosa", "Rossi is starting to gap him". Since when was gap a verb??
Old 11 Mar 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2148949)   #49
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1
Well done casey, great ride.

1st - Casey on Bridgestones

Next rider on bridgestones:

5th - Rossi on Bridgestones.
13.3 seconds behind Stoner, not bad for a first race on new tyres. The next rider on Bridgestone, Loris Capirossi in 8th, 32.5 seconds behind Stoner. I would be affraid if my only interest in Motogp would be a fellow countryman who I only started to support since he started to be succesful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Gotta say fair play to Stoner, that combination was simply unbeatable. Only guy on Bridgeys to be anywhere near the pace and also the calculate they they could ahve 5 laps at low revs etc was just an example of how hard its gonna be for everyone else to get even in the same sport.

I think Vale will struggle simply coz the Yam team ahvent got the data, and also now he is the second one, Stoner is the Bridgy main man and rememebr the tyres are tested remorselessly by Itoh and Guareschi. If there is a works Bridge team its Ducati, for no other reaosn than they ahve been their main test and development team for years.
I also thought Stoner rode a very 'mature' race. He never panicked when he was in 5th and Dani was dissapearing. He still has an advantage with staightline speed though and that is where his problem might be when the others catch up (they will eventually). Lorenzo did get him back in the second or third corner after Stoner blasted by him on the straight.

Yamaha have done a great job during winter testing. Although it isn't as quick as the Ducati, it is a great lot faster than last years bike (it was pretty obvious when the Fiat boys came by Toseland). Rossi however, has lost his advantage of last year, his corner speed. Although we won't see these kind of circumstances (cold weather) everywhere, he must be a bit worried. Ducati are indeed the main manufacturer testing the tyres. I think we all know now that the Ducati is a very 'different' bike, with only Stoner being able to ride it (Melandri 11th, Elias 14th, Guintoli 15th). It won't be able to get a bike working with tyres made for such a radical machine.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2149101)   #50
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=Gerben24]. I would be affraid if my only interest in Motogp would be a fellow countryman who I only started to support since he started to be succesful. QUOTE]

I only started supporting Casey when he was successful? That's interesting, I didn't know that. I also didn't know my only interest was Casey. Wow, your a genius. Anything else you would like to tell me about myself?

I would be afraid if my only interest was to come on this forum and post absolute , but you seem to be doing ok with it.