Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 May 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2209559)   #26
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that makes sense
Old 23 May 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2209560)   #27
GreaseMonkey99
Rookie

Australia
GreaseMonkey99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have the facility for it.
Old 23 May 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2209588)   #28
Flagger
Racer

Flagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
but will David be out of a drive?? BOOM = SHERRIN correct?
Good point williams but it does not sound good and when you add to it the demise of prime it could have an effect on Mawer as well. How many Minis do Sherin run and probably for nothing. I bet Tander and White didnt pay at Perth
Old 23 May 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2209618)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Speculator Hat On - Maybe they are going to start their own Fujitsu Series team with Dave Russell leading the attack? There's far worse drivers to have in your V8 than Dave By removing themselves from the expense and complication of managing 2 racing series, and concentrating on car preparation it frees up capital to buy a V8Supercar.....?
It only frees up capital if you can find another buyer for each of the Mini series' and Porsche series' category management licences.... if you price them out of the market.. there will be no takers, and revert to the owners of the brand... allegedly...

Did someone shout "Spherix" really loudly just then?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 May 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2209634)   #30
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a few questions...

Does this mean Sherrin will now no longer compete in motorsport?
Was Sherrin responsible for the establishment of the Mini Challenge or just the running of the category?

I know this is a little off topic, but I think it's fair to say that Australian Motorsport is in a lot of trouble at a national level...

Last edited by Belly13; 23 May 2008 at 09:18.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 23 May 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2209640)   #31
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
I know this is a little off topic, but I think it's fair to say that Australian Motorsport is in a lot of trouble at a national level...
Make that statement "V8SC Level" and you would be on the money (or lack of). National Level Motorsport, being the real motorsport, is growing and the begining of the "clean - out" of CAMS is encouraging!
Old 23 May 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2209663)   #32
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
It only frees up capital if you can find another buyer for each of the Mini series' and Porsche series' category management licences.... if you price them out of the market.. there will be no takers, and revert to the owners of the brand... allegedly...

Did someone shout "Spherix" really loudly just then?
Has Sherrin been running Carrera for 1 or 2 years now? Perhaps the CMA runs out end of 2008? Could have only signed on for 1 year for the Minis maybe?
Old 23 May 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2209686)   #33
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the fleet of BMWs from the F1 they bought?
Old 23 May 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2209709)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The CMA for the Minis is allegedly for sale at a number starting with 3 with lots of zeroes after it... maybe 6 of them... allegedly...

For that price.. allegedly... someone could have bought 20 minis and run all of them for 2 years....

Allegedly Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 23 May 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2209770)   #35
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2.5 cc 2.5 mini
Old 23 May 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2209826)   #36
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
What happened to the fleet of BMWs from the F1 they bought?
I thought the BMWs were to be a Qld series for gentlemen drivers/corporates who want to race but don't want to set up a car etc...but of QR, Morgan Park kinda stuff...not sure if that ever happened or they became track day drones or were sold off or are collecting dust somewhere...

I could understand a $2.5m for CC but the same for the mini challenge - you'd have to be insane wouldn't you???
Old 23 May 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2210051)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does either category have a commercial sponsor? How do you get the $2,5m back?
Old 23 May 2008, 22:26 (Ref:2210079)   #38
deano2
Racer

has carrera cup ever had a major sponsor????
Old 23 May 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2210093)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wps...
Old 23 May 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2210109)   #40
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The CMA for the Minis is allegedly for sale at a number starting with 3 with lots of zeroes after it... maybe 6 of them... allegedly...

For that price.. allegedly... someone could have bought 20 minis and run all of them for 2 years....

$3 million? At 200k $herronimos per car to compete, or some glorious figure similar, running 20 cars would come in at $4 million...less a rather illustrious margin....as long as you didn't have a plethora of hangers-on and tea ladies...which in turn perhaps negates the need for sponsorship of the category.

If BMW Oz provide the same level of support in Oz as BMW NZ provide here, then there won't be many dollars at all flowing from there.

Presuming any of this happened or may have happened
Old 24 May 2008, 01:40 (Ref:2210132)   #41
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
I thought the BMWs were to be a Qld series for gentlemen drivers/corporates who want to race but don't want to set up a car etc...but of QR, Morgan Park kinda stuff...not sure if that ever happened or they became track day drones or were sold off or are collecting dust somewhere...

I could understand a $2.5m for CC but the same for the mini challenge - you'd have to be insane wouldn't you???
Well they've never been shy about the pricing.

Before the Barbagallo round they were asking $18-$20K per round for the mini challenge for an "arrive and drive". For what the series is, it is beyond excessive.
Old 24 May 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2210133)   #42
deano2
Racer

i heard wps were not really sponsoring...it was just a way of keeping the v8s happy and in toe??
Old 24 May 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2210135)   #43
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does either category have a commercial sponsor? How do you get the $2,5m back?
Raise the fees even more and charge spares prices that will make you bend over and grab your ankles. And if there is a driving standards observer fire his ass and make it "full contact".
Old 24 May 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2210141)   #44
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagger
How many Minis do Sherin run and probably for nothing. I bet Tander and White didnt pay at Perth
Are there any paying customers, maybe apart from Young. Everyone else seems tied to Sherrins or BMW.
Old 24 May 2008, 02:55 (Ref:2210149)   #45
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dorothy Dix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2
i heard wps were not really sponsoring...it was just a way of keeping the v8s happy and in toe??
Not real postive deano on Carrera Cup ?

Profits of doom last year with the likes of Richo & the Quinn camp calling it a day ... are the same voices seeking to see the end of Carrera Cup this year?
Do these voices, & you seem to be one deano. have another agenda ... they certainly do.
Old 24 May 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2210198)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awfully defensive there Cavvy. For a voice that is in constant support of Porsche Australia, do you have an agenda.
Old 24 May 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2210277)   #47
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Awfully defensive there Cavvy. For a voice that is in constant support of Porsche Australia, do you have an agenda.
Interesting take D.R.T, unless of course I am just a paying fan who enjoys sports car racing & cant understand those who blame Porsche when it is CAMS that make the rules - by all means disagree but the blame is 110% CAMS so why not call a spade a spade.

The only sports car racing on ANY consequence is Carrera Cup & I would like to see it continue - a shame we cant even have uniform rules in Aus & NZ - now I can see Porsche having a role in that discussion.
Old 24 May 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2210359)   #48
deano2
Racer

believe it or not cavvy i like carrera cup...has some very good drivers both pro and non pro...and you gotta love the times and how they keep going faster....what i dont like is the fact 997s are not allowed to run anywhere else and we have been over and over that before havent we ....as for an agenda....i have no agenda other than i believe in democracy and the freedom of choice......the wall came down years ago cavvy because it was acknowledged that communism dont work that well....what is your agenda cavvy or are you really colonel klink???
Old 25 May 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2211022)   #49
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=davelise]wow, didn't see that coming. [/quote

No neither did a lot of people involved in these categories and its come as quite a shock to all concerned , with far reaching consequences - alegedly.
Old 25 May 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2211154)   #50
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As in?