Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:624501)   #26
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the stewards figured that seeing there is a 50% chance that Rodney will spin on any given corner he may well of been on his way off the circuit already. For all we know Ambrose may not have even hit him. He may of just spun when Ambrose got real close.

Last edited by rpolinski; 8 Jun 2003 at 13:02.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:02 (Ref:624503)   #27
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe they figured with Forbes off the circuit, 10 extra cars will finish??
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:52 (Ref:624609)   #28
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
LMAO ......... poor forbsey
Old 8 Jun 2003, 22:29 (Ref:625075)   #29
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Forbes was never in race contention - and never is...

Nuf said.
It shouldn't matter whether the other car was in contention for the race or not, you just can't go around spinning other cars off the circuit.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 22:33 (Ref:625080)   #30
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
So taking that Bathurst example. To me it would seem like a much greater injustice if someone who could have been given a stop-go in the first hour and fight their way back through, is docked a win after the end of the race because it was too hard to make a decision.

Also, any suggestions for a Bond replacement?
FFS - you don;t have to be docked a race win - there are other penalties available - always have been it's just that Mr Gucci has a bee in his bonnet about delivering HIS method of instant justice, regardless of whether he is right or wrong (and lately usually the latter)
Old 8 Jun 2003, 23:15 (Ref:625116)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You might be 100% right, but you haven't exactly explained yourself. What would the "other penalties available" be? Is it worth having a "fair" system that ruins the racing?

Yesterday they left making a decision until after the race, and by recent standards, they still got it wrong... defering a decision won't make it any better of a decision...
Old 8 Jun 2003, 23:23 (Ref:625132)   #32
RaceTime
Veteran

I went into penalties in another (long) post during the week.

At any tribunal (for want fo a better word) the MANDATORY penalty for anyone found guilty of ANY charge would be loss of points. And yes there would have to be varying degrees of how many points lost from 1, 2, 5 10 right up to full points lost (probably for something like, lets say, Murphy's fuel incident at Bathurst, half of total points gained to - again hypothetically - all the points gained for punting a winning contender out of the race and then winning the race himself).

Similarly with monetary penalties - I would envisage that ANYONE found guilty also receives a mandatory monetary fine - minimum say $1,000 to $5,000.

IOW do something that leads to a tribunal type hearing, you KNOW, if you are found guilty, that you are going to have to lose points AND money.

This way it allows all the evidence to be gathered for the hearing and NOT, as is currently the case, only the officials side of a case.

What we currently have is - depending on your point of view - either a kangaroo court or a biased witch hunt (personally I am leaning towards the latter)

Last edited by RaceTime; 8 Jun 2003 at 23:24.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 01:00 (Ref:625208)   #33
streaty
Rookie

streaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ambrose certainly did give forbes a tap because there was blue paint on the rear ber they ripped of in the pits. when i left the track last night ray robbins had taken the rear bar to start an inquiry, no results of that inquiy yet.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 03:03 (Ref:625263)   #34
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forbes should just **** off as he is a disgrace & a nuisance.If Ambrose does get penalised I will start looking for some rope to string Rocket Rodney up with!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 07:34 (Ref:625331)   #35
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose still should have been penalised, no matter what anyone thinks of Forbes
Old 10 Jun 2003, 11:48 (Ref:626987)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by moffman
Forbes should just **** off as he is a disgrace & a nuisance.If Ambrose does get penalised I will start looking for some rope to string Rocket Rodney up with!
How come moffman, Ambrose was in the wrong in this instance, he instigated the accident and 100% blame falls on him. No matter what you think of Forbes, he done nothing wrong this time.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:09 (Ref:627191)   #37
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Lively Debate

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
Then again, how long does it take to make a decision? Surely the sector marshall could radio in and give advice, and how long would it take them to watch 10sec of video tape from the different angles? Interesting that Ch10 didn't bother to show the incar view from Ambrose... wouldn't want to bait the commentators I spose...
As one who attended the race, just want to make a small point Crash. There were no Sector Marshals in sight (unlike Bathurst) - in fact there were people on Flag Points who had never been to a race before (I know this - first hand). It is a sad state of affairs and deeply concerns me....but hey, I'm only a voice in the wilderness in a multi-bazzillion dollar sport.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 21:05 (Ref:627572)   #38
RaceTime
Veteran

It's a concern but a growing problem.

There are many experienced officials across the whole sport who, despite the V8's being the so-caled pinnacle of Australian Motor Sport, are simply refusing to work at the V8 events because of the treatment they are receiving from AVESCO.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 03:31 (Ref:630176)   #39
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leave the result as it is. If this was 1984 and the big bangers, and the same incident happened there would be no discussion. They can shove this politically correct racing.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 04:47 (Ref:630198)   #40
RRR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
RRR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RaceTime,
I can certainly agree with you regarding the treatment of people.
Nobody in this world does anything unless they are respected and appreciated. AVESCO are money sucking, greedy, dodgy crooks who only looking after their bank balance, not the state of the sport, the teams or the fans.
This is a little off the topic but they need to check themselves before them wreak themselves ...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 05:04 (Ref:630211)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
There are many experienced officials across the whole sport who, despite the V8's being the so-caled pinnacle of Australian Motor Sport, are simply refusing to work at the V8 events because of the treatment they are receiving from AVESCO.
Does PROCAR treat their volunteers any better? There was a concern before the 24hr last year that PROCAR may have been less than helpful
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2003, 05:11 (Ref:630216)   #42
RaceTime
Veteran

Think the 24 hour was an aberation - trying to get too much done too quickly.

On the whole, however, yes, Procar are much better - you can talk to them and they talk back to you in a civilised manner - something AVESCO needs to learn how to do and stop treating anyone at their meetings as if they are there only because AVESCO have relented to allow you to be there.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 06:06 (Ref:631087)   #43
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Snout
Leave the result as it is. If this was 1984 and the big bangers, and the same incident happened there would be no discussion. They can shove this politically correct racing.
I agree with you, my problem is with the consistency of it all. If Murphy gets a penalty, why shouldn't Ambrose?
Old 14 Jun 2003, 06:22 (Ref:631093)   #44
RaceTime
Veteran

Because they haven't been picking on Ambrose - only Murphy....
Old 14 Jun 2003, 07:05 (Ref:631108)   #45
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys Guys and possible Gals, The problem really is in the interpretation. The Murphy Lowndes incident was actually a race for position, the forbes incident was the lapping of a back marker, I agree that this does not give the passer the right to punt the othere driver off, BUT if the incident had involved a race for position then the result or penalty may have been different. I was less than 100mtrs from where it happened and I thought that Forbes saw Marcus coming slowed a little and changed lines to allow the pass and it did not happen quickly enough. Rodney cops some bad press here but in my opinion he was actually trying to move over not race Ambrose.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 07:27 (Ref:631118)   #46
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Forbes and Ambrose were racing for position
Old 14 Jun 2003, 07:30 (Ref:631121)   #47
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forbes still had a stop to make so the position was not an issue. That is only my opinion.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 07:55 (Ref:631135)   #48
RaceTime
Veteran

racer69 - in reality no - it was NOT a race for position.
Under the V8 rules if the race had been stopped without Forbes having made his pit stop, he would have had a lap REMOVED from his lap count - thus removing him from the lead.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 01:50 (Ref:635083)   #49
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to read in Motorsport News how Rodney is spewing that Ambrose nurfed him off the track and didn't get penalised! Adds a bit of controversy to an otherwise cut and dried decision that nothing happened.

It's funny though, because in a seperate article it says that the 00 car was damaged in the rear from the incident. I thught the damage came from the Rodster backing into Skaife!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 03:39 (Ref:635134)   #50
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz
It's funny though, because in a seperate article it says that the 00 car was damaged in the rear from the incident. I thught the damage came from the Rodster backing into Skaife!
That's a bit unfair Dazz, how do you expect Rodney Forbes to keep a track of ALL the objects he crashes into ?

He'd need guys from NASA to help tally that up.