Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 May 2004, 11:02 (Ref:984957)   #26
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so that will be a double reunion sort of ,as shimoda drove the DBA the father or brother of the Zytek last year and he did so together with Andy...ok Shimoda is not really british,but so is stefan johansson and Brabs..who cares as long as they are capable drivers and bring the black car home in one piece....
Old 27 May 2004, 11:57 (Ref:985005)   #27
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember correctly, Shimoda was very quick in the DBA-Zytek last year, both with Andy Wallace and John Nielsen? Brabham-Wallace-Shimoda is pretty much as good a team as any.
Old 27 May 2004, 15:09 (Ref:985207)   #28
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was quick in FIA SCC last year, but made horrible errors in the wet at Estoril that cost them the race. He wouldn't have been my choice. But perhaps he brings funds.
Old 27 May 2004, 18:03 (Ref:985327)   #29
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Doubt if Dyson will buy a Zytek - current betting is that he'll be at the head of the queue for the new Dome chassis when it appears.
I just exchanged an email with Chris Dyson whereby his reaction to this "news" was along the lines of his amazement at how rumors gain a life of their own. Bottom line is this, they currently are enjoying their relationship with Lola and see little reason to change it, that is fact.
Old 28 May 2004, 00:23 (Ref:985612)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, I bow to Chris Dyson's obvious insider knowledge, but I don't think there's much more mileage in the Lola B01/60. Intersport have tried something different with the Judd V8, but the Lola has been surpassed by the Zytek in the ex-LMP675 class, and reliability is still a crippling problem. Rob Dyson is surely thinking long-term. If a Lola LMP1 appeared, then that might be a way forward. But if Lola produce an LMP2, as has been rumoured, I wouldn't have thought Dyson would be interested.
Old 28 May 2004, 00:35 (Ref:985619)   #31
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no way dyson goes with an lmp2... im sure that dyson hasnt given serious thought to next year and beyond as they are very busy working out their lola, arent the lolas eligible in their current form next year in the ALMS? if i'm right, why would dyson even be thinking about buying a new car yet?
Old 28 May 2004, 05:28 (Ref:985751)   #32
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next year the "old" LMP675/900 cars get more weight and smaller gas tanks i belive. Plus the ALMS will likely apply the smaller wings that were suppose to happen this year. If its the same cars in '05 as '04 it won't matter. However it would be a big deal if someone buys a true LMP1 and runs it in the ALMS. Then the little Lola would be unable to win on pure pace... unless the new LMP1 car is a dog...

If Dyson has good results this year and there are no true LMP1 cars next year i bet they will milk 1 more year out of the Lola.

If Dyson has a crappy '04 and or the new Audi comes out, Id expect Dyson to either work with Lola on a new LMP1 or buy a DP from their friends at Crawford...

Or maybe they will buy a Strana truck ... Who knows

Last edited by Patrick B; 28 May 2004 at 05:30.