Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1826432)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yum, yum! Reminds me of the MP4/20, unsurprisingly!

If it goes as well as it looks, it'll get good results.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1826434)   #27
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With all that experience you'd think Newey would have learned by now that paint colour is by far the most important factor!
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1826435)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lovely looking car the stripes up the nose are a nice touch.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1826437)   #29
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
looks nice but hopefully its a quick car. Looks way better then previous years.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1826439)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
There seems to be an amazing number of mid-field contenders this season.

With the probable exception of Spyker (who will be too busy moaning about other things to be able to do a reasonable job),the field should close up quite nicely.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1826442)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
With all that experience you'd think Newey would have learned by now that paint colour is by far the most important factor!
Hey, no problem with people talking about liveries! Nowt wrong with an aesthetically pleasing car!
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1826447)   #32
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do I imagine it or are all the cars sitting quite a bit lower in the back this year than last? In F1 terms that is.

Looks like they'd rip the planks right off goin' around Eau Rouge.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1826453)   #33
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great, both the design and paintjob, my favourite 2007 Formula 1 so far, with clear margin (because Renault blew up their paintjob).
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1826460)   #34
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
There seems to be an amazing number of mid-field contenders this season.

With the probable exception of Spyker (who will be too busy moaning about other things to be able to do a reasonable job),the field should close up quite nicely.
As the only true out-there-doing-it-on-their-own team Spyker have good cause to moan. STR will likely beat them by running more or less complete Red Bull cars and Super Aguri likewise by using completely supplied Honda cars. Good luck to Spyker - they're going to need it.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1826462)   #35
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Hey, no problem with people talking about liveries! Nowt wrong with an aesthetically pleasing car!
No problem at all - if it weren't for intense discussion about liveries the forum would be a ghost town!
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1826481)   #36
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that is how a modern F1 car should look, sleek and smooth. Too many cars these days have so many bits stuck to them, it looks like an explosion in an airfix factory. The paintjob is good too, simple and classy, and it compliments the shape of the car nicely.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1826489)   #37
Glen
Veteran

Just looking through today's Barcelona pics on F1Racing - the Red Bull sure makes the Honda look like a brick. Sleek is the word.

It looks like a sort of mini twin keel car - the lower front wishbones are on small spars which are suitably sculpted and blended in.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 14:58 (Ref:1826547)   #38
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm, both the car and livery look particularly good, don't they!

Points of interest include the lack of 'double decker' front wing, engine cover 'horns', and sidepod appendages. Perhaps Newey winglets will begin to sprout from the car closer to the start of the season, and as it progresses.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of lap times it's capable of producing.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1826556)   #39
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott

It looks far more sophisticated than last years car.
Not such a surprise really. I wouldnt be too surprised really to hear the RB2 had links still back to the R5 Jag.

Looks pretty nice, very Mclaren-esque of the last few years, although thankfully doesnt share the MP4/21's fat to skinny nose. Bit surprised they went with the zero keel, although i guess you can thank Newey for starting that with the MP4/20, and before hand several reasonably successful twin keel layouts. Now that still leaves Renault and Ferrari with the V/single keel.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:31 (Ref:1826574)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm I seem to have mislaid a post I did earlier about the car, so i'll do another one!

I also think the nose resembles the 'fatter' section a la MP4/20 and the Renault from last year, which were the quickest cars.

Honda on the other hand have decided to plump for a more needle like nose 0 which other than the R25 hasn't been a successful route for many teama lately?
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1826580)   #41
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well whilst the mass dampers were still legal, the thinner noses were thought not to allow the units to be optimised as well as Renault's with the wider nose. Perhaps there'll be some aero advantages emerging now that theyre not hidden by the hindrance of a dodgy mass damper.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1826674)   #42
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Red Bull looks really good, that's the first car this year i've seen first off and said "yes, i approve!"
Thinner noses look better IMO, the Honda's thin nose looks really good.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1826689)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
The new Red Bull looks really good, that's the first car this year i've seen first off and said "yes, i approve!"
agreed, i like all the racing strips the best.

the most dramatic change in terms of shape and appearance of any team from last year to this.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1826696)   #44
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
loving that car, probably my favourite so far,
Old 26 Jan 2007, 18:07 (Ref:1826711)   #45
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
taken from F1-Live

Don't like the livery but the car design and shape is very nice.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1826743)   #46
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, looks good.

Are we expecting the STR to be based around this design or the RB2?
Old 26 Jan 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1826755)   #47
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosch!
Yep, looks good.

Are we expecting the STR to be based around this design or the RB2?
The former - see here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92445
Old 26 Jan 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1826760)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Honda on the other hand have decided to plump for a more needle like nose which other than the R25 hasn't been a successful route for many teama lately?
I am unsure how much difference this would make. Dino Toso, the Renault aero chap, said they tested both the narrow nose and fat nose on the R26 and found no differences. They plumped for the fatter nose for purely aesthetic reasons!

I gues it depends on other factors of course, with different cars. But it's not a crucial thing I doubt.

From a personal point of view I pfrefer a fatter nose. It just looks a lot more purposeful and when the car is in action it looks more solid and stable somehow!
Old 26 Jan 2007, 19:53 (Ref:1826765)   #49
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
If the Ferrari block produces more heat than the Renault those sidepods might be an issue.

Presumably Newey will just hand it over to STR and not be burdened with ongoing development.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1826809)   #50
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car looks very very nice, a little like the McLaren, but theres some real nice smooth areas on it, unlike the Mclaren.
Paint job is awesome, always been a fan of Red Bull livieries.

Webber looks like he's sitting a little high in the car though?!