Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Dec 2007, 23:26 (Ref:2083246)   #26
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They sometimes are, trust me, Massimo gets most of his rumours from reliable sources.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 09:00 (Ref:2083427)   #27
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeap, Massimo is ace
Old 8 Dec 2007, 08:04 (Ref:2084169)   #28
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://britishf3.gpupdate.net/en/new...f3-euroseries/

Breen+Manor, couldn't see that coming.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2084189)   #29
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good news, Breen impressed me this year, so good he found a competitive seat for 2008.

So let's do a quick car count for now:

ART (4): Hülkenberg, Jakes, Lancaster and Bianchi
Manor (4): Oshima, Breen, ? and ?
Signature (4): Vernay?, Mortara?, Coletti? and ?
RC (4): Götz?, Klingmann?, Plowman? and ?
HBR (2 or 3): ?
Mücke (2): Mäki and Janis
Prema (2): Van Der Zande? and ?
SG (2): Waldschmidt and ?
HS (1 or 2): ?
Jo Zeller (1): ?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 10:44 (Ref:2084233)   #30
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
a quick car count for now:
ART (4): Hülkenberg,
Mücke (2): Mäki
Along with a testing role in F1 for Hülkenberg and, much hype on Mr. Mäki it seems, how would you rate him (vs. Janis maybe)? And a real F3 rookie question: other than Volkswagen...LOL, are the cars in EF3 the same package as BF3?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2084437)   #31
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I've been told, young finnish driver, Emma Kimiläinen, is seeking for a seat for next year. She will test Audi's DTM next week and if she doesn't get a seat in DTM she will be probably driving in F3 Euroseries. Maybe Prema or Manor? Who knows.

www.emmakimilainen.fi
Old 8 Dec 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2084590)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
And a real F3 rookie question: other than Volkswagen...LOL, are the cars in EF3 the same package as BF3?
In broad terms, yes, that's why they are able to complete together in the two race together in Macau and, less importantly, the Zandvoort Masters of F3, wherever that may be held.

The two run different control tyres, BF3 on Avons and ESF3 on Kumhos, plus the the F3ES did a deal with ATS to provide control wheels, but they're the same size as specified in the FIA Regulations, so that's neither here nor there.

The comical touch is provided by the static noise limit, which in the FIA Regulations is 98 dbA, but then they say it's up to each country either to abide by that or fix its own, plus they have the right to choose whether or not to fit catalytic converters. The F3ES tries to be correct about this, but BF3 runs at 114dbA without catalytic converters. You might think that's a bit OTT, but the truth is that for the pukka FIA events, they tear up the rule completely and run with open exhausts! The cars sound 100% better!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 23:16 (Ref:2084593)   #33
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
LTLO, I rate Maki really high, as well as Ericsson BTW, nothing against Janis, but he's nowhere near his brother in terms of racing abilities (Lola Cars chose Jarek to test their car instead of other drivers from Charouz company). I will not be 100% positive, but IMHO, after two, three rounds Maeki will be way in front in terms of lap times. Predict .2-.3.

D'you remember what Jarvs did in Macao with TOM'S powerplant behind him? AFAIK Waldschmidt is contracted by T.D.P., wonder if TOM'S can, or Toyota will be willing to start their European programme. There is at least ne real-deal engine tuner w/o proper contract, which is Neil Brown from Spalding. SG signed Waldi, Prema has lost their Toyota programme with TDP... Not possible in 2008? Mayb, but is it possible in 2009?
Old 9 Dec 2007, 00:48 (Ref:2084637)   #34
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody heard what M.Patrisi is doing next year.. has he been retained by PREMA or going elsewhere ??
Old 9 Dec 2007, 12:28 (Ref:2084820)   #35
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
In broad terms, yes, that's why they are able to compete together in the two race together in Macau
Until I read that Strider, I didn't know Macau had reps from both series'. LOL.

Quote:
The comical touch is provided by the static noise limit,
Ah, the noise. That's a nice touch, a definite favourite. How's the Volkswagen stack-up? Great summary Strider, thank you. I may never catch up. With Major at Fortec next year, I need to find some video coverage somewhere...oops sorry, wrong thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
LTLO, I rate Maki really high,
Good to hear Alex. I'll tell the Mrs., a Finnish fanatic and then some.

Cheers.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2087842)   #36
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Maybe smo already mention, but haven't spotted. According to Polish website: AutoKlub.pl, Tom Dillman, Red Bull Junior Team member will be third driver of Muecke Motorsport.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2089613)   #37
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64393

Carlin Motorsport to enter the F3 Euroseries in 2008.

The Euroseries is shaping up quite nicely next year, what with the full-time return of VW, the return of the Pau street circuit and now the arrival of Carlin. It will be interesting to see who their drivers are. Any chance that Maro Engel or Sam Bird might move up with them?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2089632)   #38
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
The grid for 2008 is getting better by the minute. This could be the best grid since 2003 (Briscoe, Klien, Pla, Winkelhock, Glock, Carbone, Premat, Rosberg, Doornbos, Spengler, Lapierre, Kubica, Margaritis and yes, also Alvaro Parente who finished 26th with 1 point). I really hope Bird moves up with Carlin, he's a very good driver.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2089633)   #39
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin entering the European championship is probably not the most surprising of outcomes given the reduction of their involvement in Formula BMW and the Renault World Series. As for drivers, I would suggest Sam Bird is a possibility although I would have thought that after being around F3 for a number of years, Maro Engel may be looking to move a bit further up the career ladder.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 23:12 (Ref:2089722)   #40
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Ekhm... excuse me, they are not stepping up they're just entering new programme. Doesn't it worry you? I mean we've lost Manor and Performance, Carlin expands to Europe with every programme it counts... now F3, no I am just tired, they will not move there for good next year.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 12:28 (Ref:2092634)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sam Bird has signed to race with Manor Motorsport in the F3ES next season. Story here.

I think this may disappoint one or two BF3 teams who were looking to him to spearhead their own title challenge, although that's only my theory. Good luck to him, anyway.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 12:29 (Ref:2092636)   #42
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Sam Bird confirmed at Manor Motorsport.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 19:03 (Ref:2094774)   #43
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the 2008 season will be more entertaining then the 2007 season.

It's great more teams are coming in. the more cars the more racing! I cant wait for 2008 now!!!
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:59 (Ref:2095526)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Here's an interesting little rumour that has yet to be confirmed.

Frankie Cheng has been signed up by VW as one of their supported drivers and will compete in the F3ES, probably with RC Motorsport. He may have to miss one or two of the opening races due to his commitment to Team China in A1GP.

It makes sense, because signing a good Chinese driver would be a smart move for any manufacturer to make.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 22:05 (Ref:2095527)   #45
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
Doesn't it worry you? I mean we've lost Manor and Performance, Carlin expands to Europe with every programme it counts... now F3, no I am just tired, they will not move there for good next year.
From what I understand, Performance are still planning to run a couple of cars in BF3 National Class, so they're not lost completely.

I'm sure Carlin would not desert BF3 completely. They have four cars entered already and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more still to come.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 05:34 (Ref:2095607)   #46
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:

Frankie Cheng has been signed up by VW as one of their supported drivers and will compete in the F3ES, probably with RC Motorsport. He may have to miss one or two of the opening races due to his commitment to Team China in A1GP.

It makes sense, because signing a good Chinese driver would be a smart move for any manufacturer to make.

Yeah, he is a good driver and he did a good job in the BF3 National class becoming runner up in the championship. It would be interesting to see how well he could do in F3ES
Old 28 Dec 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2095871)   #47
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There is substance to this - indeed Franky has mentioned the news today on his Facebook profile.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2095885)   #48
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Here is a update of the drivers signed for the F3 Euro Series 2008 season according to driverdb.com

http://www.driverdb.com/15championship2008.html
Old 31 Dec 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2097224)   #49
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Kodai Tsukakoshi signs for Manor. Interesting line up for Manor next (or can I say this ) year. Two top '07 British F3 rookies and 2 talented Japanese drivers.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 19:29 (Ref:2097228)   #50
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
Kodai Tsukakoshi signs for Manor. Interesting line up for Manor next (or can I say this ) year. Two top '07 British F3 rookies and 2 talented Japanese drivers.

Good news indeed! That is a good lineup. But the man to beat in team Manor is Oshima!

Tags
f3 euroseries