Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Feb 2004, 15:27 (Ref:869573)   #26
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
Maybe we could have Colin Mcrae in the Primera, I'm just thinking that since he compteted for Nissan in the Dakar Rally, anyone have the same thoughts?
who'd have the money for that.....
Old 10 Feb 2004, 15:43 (Ref:869582)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If it would be an official Nissan Motorsport entry I would say there's a chance...but not with this private entry.

I hope really they find the money to enter 1 or 2 cars.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 16:34 (Ref:869621)   #28
kykiske
Racer

kykiske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be great to have a new car on the grid, and an ETCC spec one at that.

Regardless im confident of a reasonable if not huge grid this year
Old 10 Feb 2004, 17:09 (Ref:869645)   #29
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
If it would be an official Nissan Motorsport entry I would say there's a chance...but not with this private entry.

I hope really they find the money to enter 1 or 2 cars.
They only have one car and to build another would cost too much for a private team.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 19:36 (Ref:869785)   #30
JEMMO
Racer

JEMMO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the red RJN Primera built a couple of years ago?
Old 10 Feb 2004, 22:45 (Ref:870031)   #31
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is it.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:46 (Ref:870399)   #32
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is great news, it will be interesting to see how they fair this year
Old 11 Feb 2004, 11:13 (Ref:870492)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Nissan wasn't competitive in 2002 against the Alfas, so they could struggle, although they have the advantage of experience with the car.

Still, their performance probably depends on who drives the car. They ran Tommy Rustad (former BTCC Indy champion) in 2002, so maybe he's a contender, although I suspect sponsorship, not talent, will be the decisive factor.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:15 (Ref:870556)   #34
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I suspect sponsorship, not talent, will be the decisive factor
How mant times have we heard that before. I fear you could be right.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:18 (Ref:870559)   #35
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Craig said, if proven teams like Edenbridge and Barwell can't find funded drivers/sufficient sponsors, securing funding for a totally unproven entity is tricky, particularly at this late stage.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:52 (Ref:870603)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
The Nissan wasn't competitive in 2002 against the Alfas, so they could struggle, although they have the advantage of experience with the car.

Still, their performance probably depends on who drives the car. They ran Tommy Rustad (former BTCC Indy champion) in 2002, so maybe he's a contender, although I suspect sponsorship, not talent, will be the decisive factor.
It's not that Primera. This is the MK 4 version. The one the dolphins advertised.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 13:25 (Ref:871876)   #37
The Darkness
Racer

The Darkness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdad
who'd have the money for that.....
Not a bad idea though. It will be getting some of the big names back into the BTCC. (since the departure of Warwick, Tarquini, Lammers etc)