Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2887984)   #26
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The weather forecast has changed.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2887987)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The weather forecast has changed.
Now that is a wind up post, to what?
Old 30 May 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2887991)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'm going to put this thread on 'ignore' until I head off next week!
Old 30 May 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2888021)   #29
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Now that is a wind up post, to what?
Accuweather has changed to nice (mostly) again.

My main hope is it to be dry for putting the tent up, the compartments won't get wet but it has a double groundsheet, I'd like that to stay dry!
Old 30 May 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2888035)   #30
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think I'm going to put this thread on 'ignore' until I head off next week!
agree with you Ayse, it changes almost every day now, let's wait till next week.
Old 30 May 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2888250)   #31
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather will be what the weather will be, no point in worrying about it.

I've been going to motor racing events for 40 years, so we always take something for every possibility.

But then we don't camp
Old 30 May 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2888287)   #32
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

I've been going to motor racing events for 40 years, so we always take something for every possibility.

But then we don't camp
And maybe you don't have to fit it all into 20kg!
keke
Old 30 May 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2888442)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Never mind, James only starts it to wind me up!
Moi?

Old 31 May 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2888514)   #34
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
And maybe you don't have to fit it all into 20kg!
keke
Nope, I truly don't, it has to fit into my '78 Aston instead
Old 31 May 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2888520)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

But then we don't camp
As one said:
Before the invention of the umbrella, you would get wet if it rained.
But ever since the invention of the umbrella, there is the risk of becoming wet .

So as Geoff says, The weather will be what the weather will be.
You only put ourself under stress .
Old 31 May 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2888724)   #36
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Weather Channel report for Le Mans, France is no chance of rain all week until Sunday when it is 60%. So the race could be dry until the very end. This could be fun if it is close.

DK
Old 31 May 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2888740)   #37
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The Weather Channel report for Le Mans, France is no chance of rain all week until Sunday when it is 60%. So the race could be dry until the very end. This could be fun if it is close.

DK
I think you looked at the wrong week. Indeed the prediction is sunny whole week and 60% chance of rain on the sunday, but that is the 5th!
http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Le-Mans-FRXX0048
I'll bring my wellies and leave the sunscreen at home!

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 31 May 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2888744)   #38
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I think you looked at the wrong week. Indeed the prediction is sunny whole week and 60% chance of rain on the sunday, but that is the 5th!
http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Le-Mans-FRXX0048
I'll bring my wellies and leave the sunscreen at home!

Cheers,

Vincent
You're right, I'm a week ahead. I'm just so ready for the race I can't wait. I'm going to go nuts waiting for an extra week!!
Old 31 May 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2888755)   #39
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some rain to soften up the grounds on the campsites would be fine, just as long as we get nice dry weather for setting up the tents. Some light rain during the night to keep the dust down would also be a plus.
Old 31 May 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2888943)   #40
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Just so long as it stays dry on Sunday night!)
Old 31 May 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2888947)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
sunday night ?

on way home then, so not bothered after 3.00pm
Old 31 May 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2889029)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Where is batmobile (eric) usually by this time he is telling us the actual weather at Le mans.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2890255)   #43
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
The Long Range (10-day) Weather Channel forecast calls for scattered showers on Saturday! Sunday is still one day off the chart. We'll see tomorrow.

DK
Old 2 Jun 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2890263)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi have got a weather feature on their new Le Mans app. Early in the week looking more promising than most sites. I'm inclined to just believe the one that gives me the best forecast.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2890271)   #45
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The Long Range (10-day) Weather Channel forecast calls for scattered showers on Saturday! Sunday is still one day off the chart. We'll see tomorrow.

DK
Goretex and fleece always go in car - realistically silly not to.

From a purist perspective a wet-ish Le Mans could throw up something interesting given the relative lack of experience of the Audi guys in closed cockpit, to say nothing of how it might equalise things in the petrol classes.

Cascades of rain will not be all that welcome, but a little bracing dampness in the air? Yes, I think I can cope with that.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2890475)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The full race week of rain forecast has gone for the moment, albeit still with a wet race on the cards. Hopefully that wet weather will venture off somewhere else too. Could be interesting if it drops around start time to throw the cat among the pigeons.

EDIT: But this has to be my favourite of all the weather sites. They clearly believe.

http://le-mans.lachainemeteo.com/met...ns-2742-0.php?

Last edited by Simmi; 3 Jun 2011 at 11:56.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2890524)   #47
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The full race week of rain forecast has gone for the moment, albeit still with a wet race on the cards. Hopefully that wet weather will venture off somewhere else too. Could be interesting if it drops around start time to throw the cat among the pigeons.

EDIT: But this has to be my favourite of all the weather sites. They clearly believe.

http://le-mans.lachainemeteo.com/met...ns-2742-0.php?
I assume that one is produced by the ACO marketing department .... They can change the rules to suit themselves so why cant they change the weather
Old 5 Jun 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2891573)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just spoke with my brother , who just arrived in Le Mans ..... he says its chucking it down today !!!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2891574)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well it is raining here in england at the moment, but better it rains now and then brightens up later in the week
Old 5 Jun 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2891592)   #50
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Pretty much all forecasts say rain,rain & rain... and quite cold temperatures too.... 7 degrees celcius at night..brr.