Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2750143)   #26
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Hickey;2749956]My browser at work doesnt seem to like the site and returns an error message. If you refresh (sometimes more than once) then it tends to work.

QUOTE]

Snap - being having the same trouble - finding it really difficult with internet explorer - but not having trouble with other sites
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2750164)   #27
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well im looking forward to this one,a good selection in every class,bring it on.

BB....
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2750194)   #28
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really looking forward to this - might be a bit damp, but I'm sure it'll still be a good day out!

Looks like Gibson has given up on the 2010 season though?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2750972)   #29
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So wheres everyones predictions?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2751256)   #30
Rallycross!
Rookie

Sweden
Rallycross! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted View Post
So wheres everyones predictions?
Liam, Kevin, Jan for the SF
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2752335)   #31
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Cujo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good racing today, a quality entry – if a little on the thin side. I thought the Super modified class was better than it has been for a while. Great to see such a variety of quick machinery

Does anyone know why David Binks didn't start in the Superfinal?, I couldn't hear the commentator at Chessons. Mr Binks was very entertaining at the joker section, by far the most committed.

I still don't like the joker, but if it has to be used, then it's good to see someone sliding rather than tip toeing through.

Final thought, Chessons was getting really rough by the end and clearly damaged a couple of cars/tyres. Not sure what can be done about that
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2752428)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of a patchy entry list in places (where were Kevin McCann, Simon Horton and Mad Mark?), but still an enjoyable days racing.

As Cujo said the Super mod class was really entertaining and it was good to see some familiar (and not so familiar) machinery out on track. Good win for Pat as well beings as he looked like he was struggling to get in and out of the car!

Looking forward to the Winter rallycross for my next rallycross fix at Lydden!

NB: Out of interest, does anyone know why Steve Hill has reverted to his old car? Whats happened to the Evo X?
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2752435)   #33
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry i wasnt there
but valves were bent when we got into engine after Mallory jumped a tooth on Cam belt and up to now we cannot locate a head gasket to repair said valves
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2752440)   #34
JoshuaB808
Rookie

JoshuaB808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Hill had the Evo X on Saturday for the Trackday at Lydden and it managed to get from the assembly area to the startline and it broke down so that went back and was replaced with the Evo 9 for Monday
Old 30 Aug 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2752463)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
sorry i wasnt there
but valves were bent when we got into engine after Mallory jumped a tooth on Cam belt and up to now we cannot locate a head gasket to repair said valves
Bugger Sorry to hear the car is worse for wear, hope you have some luck finding the parts you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB808
Steve Hill had the Evo X on Saturday for the Trackday at Lydden and it managed to get from the assembly area to the startline and it broke down so that went back and was replaced with the Evo 9 for Monday
Ah, I see! I actually though his older car was gone now, at least Hill was able to find some way to make it out on track. Damn shame the Evo X seems to be being so temperamental.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 05:59 (Ref:2752552)   #36
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cujo - you said "I couldn't hear the commentator at Chessons" - well you didn't miss much, where was Arthur Debenham?

Reliability of the supercars was a big issue yesterday, Andy Scott should have won the Super final, reliable machine but suffered with two separate punctures throughout the day.

Kevin Procter looked fast but then had a minor fire in front of the commentary box which was a real shame.

Koen Pauwels didn't show up, no Lawrence Gibson. Good to see Jan Langenberg race for the last time at Lydden, although he only really pushed the Fabia on the tarmac.

By far the best racing came in the MSA Supermodifieds, Julian Godfrey drove very well during throughout the day. His gear changes were almost instant compared to other cars. James Bird did drive well considering it was his first meeting of the year? Ryan Lawford and Liam drove well in the Swifts which provided some close racing, far too much plugging of the class over the tannoy though. And if "5 abreast going into Chessons" is so awesome and everyone loves and shouts about it then why have we got A DAM JOKER LAP THAT SPLITS UP THE RACING WHEN THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE OTHER OVERTAKING PLACES AT LYDDEN (elbow, north bend hairpin and paddock bend).
Old 31 Aug 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2752602)   #37
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
missing at lydden

Apologies to all who where expecting us at lydden this weekend.

Unfortunatelly we had a issue with the new engine late on saturday afternoon before loading and had no choice but to pull out of the event. The engine came out yesterday and we have identified the problem.

After all the work in the last few weeks to finish the rebuild of the engine bay after the fire at mallory and to have a new engine built, i can tell you no one was more gutted than me not to make the lydden event.

However, i can 100% gaurentee we will be back for the next round and will be pushing hard for the last 2 rounds of this season to salvage some pride
Old 31 Aug 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2752608)   #38
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Kevin Procter looked fast but then had a minor fire in front of the commentary box which was a real shame.
Yeah. He pulled up in front of where I was standing and, although Iwas hoping I'd be proven wrong, I had a feeling that was the end of his day. Massive shame as he was sure to have been competitive in the Finals.

Quote:
Koen Pauwels didn't show up
I didn't think he was actually entered, was he?

Quote:
Julian Godfrey drove very well during throughout the day. His gear changes were almost instant compared to other cars.
I believe his Fiesta is fitted with a sequential gearbox, isn't it?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2752648)   #39
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Langenberg was in a Pauwels run Fabia - maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

Anyway, cracking day of racing I thought. Some good stuff from all the classes and as has been mentioned above a better entry than we've seen for a while in the supermodifieds. I'll have a rummage through my photos later and pop a couple up (keep an eye out for the tenths members )
Old 31 Aug 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2752664)   #40
Non stop
Rookie

Non stop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who won the superfinal?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2752679)   #41
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Pat Doran won the superfinal after Andy Scott suffered a puncture.

Current champion Pat Doran (Winkleigh) took the lead in the Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship after winning the sixth round of the eight-event series at Lydden Hill today (August 30).
Doran becomes the first driver to win more than once this year, but was not certain that he would be fit enough to drive in the days leading up to the event after aggravating an old back injury. "I've hurt my back before and it's taken six weeks to fix so I didn't think I'd be fit to race. But I felt better and better each day so I thought I'd give it a go, obviously now I'm really pleased that I did," said Doran who won the Superfinal after passing early leader Andy Scott (Dumfries).

Scott won the Supercar A final in his Peugeot 306 and led the Superfinal from championship points leader Andy Grant (Barnstaple). Grant's run in the event was effectively ended in the second lap when he lost but fourth gear. Touring to the end of the race, the Devonian collected points for last place, but slipped ten points behind Doran in the title race.

Scott also hit problems, his car suffering a puncture after he hit the kerb in the chicane in the fourth lap. Doran suffered an early scare in the race, losing time when the throttle of his Fiesta Supercar jammed open on one of the quickest parts of the track. Turning the engine off and then back on, Doran was able to avoid a crash and then worked his way back up to second place by the fourth lap.
Closing quickly on Scott's limping car, Doran took the lead at the start of the last lap, Steve Hill (Aylsbury) also managing to pass Scott before the end and take second place.

Julian Godfrey (Heathfield) won the SuperModified A final and then progressed to fourth place in the Superfinal ahead of 2009 SuperModified champion James Bird (Midhurst).

Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship, round six, Lydden Hill, August 30
Superfinal (5.5 laps) 1 Pat Doran (Ford Fiesta ST ERC) 4m9.940s; 2 Steve Hill (Mitsubishi Lancer E9) 4m15.629s; 3 Andy Scott (Peugeot 306 4x4 Turbo) 4m20.949s; 4 Julian Godfrey (Ford Fiesta S1600) 4m22.049s; 5 James Bird (Renault ClioSport V6) 4m24.349s; 6 Gareth Wood (Subaru Impreza) 4m27.716s; 7 Jamie Lea (Toyota MR2 Turbo) 4 laps; 8 Andy Grat (Ford Focus ERC) 4 laps.
Championship 1 Doran 151; 2 Grant 141; 3 Scott 111; 4 Godfrey 107; 5 Howlin 104; 6 Lea 104

Next event: Blyton, September 12
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2752681)   #42
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Email from rallycrossuk/LHMC last week talked about Par Doran's bad back and:

"Crossing the English Channel to race at Lydden will be Belgian racer Koen Pauwels who has decided to return with his Ford Focus ST after enjoying the Easter Monday event at Lydden. "

One other point from yesterday - will Andy Grant ever win a BRC event? He looked to be consistently taking the wrong line through Chessons and wasn't as committed as the other drivers, we know the car (ex-Gollop/Jordan) certainly can win events.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2752727)   #43
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointed by the supercar entry and 3 car grids with the unnecessary joker section certainly didnt add to the entertainment and yet again so many reliability and puncture problems. Thankfully the super modifieds despite the joker and the BTRDA modifieds made up for what the supercars lacked and it was good to see plenty of stock hatches though shame about the damage that was suffered in that first corner shunt caused by that ridiculous barrier on the outside of chessons.
Liked Mike Howlins new colours, reminded me of the old Ripspeed colours.

All in all not a bad meeting but felt it was all rather low key and sure do miss Arthurs commentry though the new guy did a better job than he did for the European.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2752732)   #44
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doran suffered an early scare in the race, losing time when the throttle of his Fiesta Supercar jammed open on one of the quickest parts of the track. Turning the engine off and then back on, Doran was able to avoid a crash
I did wonder why he went past post 9 at the bottom of Hairy Hill sideways - superb car control!
An entertaining day on the bank, could have done with a few more cars but those that were there provided some excellent racing.
Good to see plenty of spectators there, lets hope they return for the Winter Series.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2752809)   #45
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Julian made brilliant use of the joker in all his heats you could tell he was used the joker after his experiance in europe,Car sounded superb!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2752846)   #46
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i enjoyed the days racing,i was a bit busy but it was good,felt sorry for david binks will he ever have any luck?,all i can say is roll on blyton :-)

BB....
Old 31 Aug 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2752953)   #47
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Darren Wilcox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I had another good day huge entry for the stockhatch class 13 years since i'd raced at Lydden and things had changed a bit for the better, crowd were still great as i remembered it though. But it did cut up to the point were my little car was trying to through itself from the road at every given opportunity mainly over the finish line.

I must say hard luck to Joe Cunningham though he drove great all day, but the car just didnt hold out for the whole of the final. I did'nt see a great deal of the racing really so carnt comment on to much of the rest of it other than from a competitors point of view i thoroughly enjoyed my day but it would be better if they would move Lydden 300 miles further north
Old 1 Sep 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2753089)   #48
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Julian made brilliant use of the joker in all his heats you could tell he was used the joker after his experiance in europe,Car sounded superb!
Agreed but i would rather have seen him actually racing and overtaking the others after his poor starts rather than do it when others took the joker.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2753181)   #49
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Agreed but i would rather have seen him actually racing and overtaking the others after his poor starts rather than do it when others took the joker.
Looked to me like the rear wheel drive cars were making his starts appear poor. They had much better traction off the line.

Paul Coney's Nova seemed to go well too. That was until the back wheels lifted off the ground under braking into the Elbow, loading the front wheels and breaking the suspension!

I had a good day all in all. And, as a side note, christened my new stove in protest at the price of the bacon rolls and burgers!! Lovely!

Matthew
Old 1 Sep 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2753250)   #50
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a good day all in all. And, as a side note, christened my new stove in protest at the price of the bacon rolls and burgers!! Lovely!

Matthew[/QUOTE]

Matthew , Just for interest reasons , what was the price of burgers and hot dogs?