Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2002, 14:06 (Ref:291533)   #26
LarryLemans
Rookie

LarryLemans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just found a certain joker to sell the general tickets of admission for tickets for £85 and corner only for £55 - now that is the wrong.

Last edited by LarryLemans; 21 May 2002 at 14:10.
Old 21 May 2002, 14:11 (Ref:291538)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryLemans
general tickets of admission for £85
+

Does Milka takes off her anorak for that price ?
Old 21 May 2002, 14:22 (Ref:291553)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps we should make it clear to any Le Mans first-timers that you do not need to buy your general entry tickets in advance - you can buy them from the ACO on the gate throughout race week.

Of course, if you're travelling with one of the tour operators and buying tickets through them or a ticket agency, you can expect to have to buy your general entry tickets with your camping or grandstand tickets, but if you're neither camping or wanting a grandstand seat - don't get ripped off! £85 for a general entry ticket is outrageous!
Old 21 May 2002, 16:28 (Ref:291639)   #29
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.eBay.co.uk have a karting nord ticket up for auction looking at about £35 if any one is intrested.
there is also some intresting LM items up for auction as well, never looked before. btw, the price for the Monaco GP & hotel will amaze you.
Old 21 May 2002, 16:39 (Ref:291648)   #30
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ayse...hear hear

although maybe some newbies think thats cheap compared to the british f****la one gp!
Old 21 May 2002, 16:42 (Ref:291652)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have always booked our tickets through an agency knowing that I am paying a premium. However the peace of mind that I am almost certain to get what I want is is worth it. I would be far more upset if I found I was unable to go on my annual pilgrimage.
Old 21 May 2002, 16:48 (Ref:291656)   #32
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
I would be far more upset if I found I was unable to go on my annual pilgrimage.
The point is that General Enclosure tickets are available on the door and never run out. Charging £85 for them is out of order! Are reasonable mark up for an agency is expected but this is about 250%.

Still, if people are prepared to pay ........

FG
Old 21 May 2002, 18:54 (Ref:291773)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
ayse...hear hear

although maybe some newbies think thats cheap compared to the british f****la one gp!

Jeez, kdr, you're not telling me people are actually prepared to pay money to watch that?!
Old 22 May 2002, 00:51 (Ref:292064)   #34
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jeez, kdr, you're not telling me people are actually prepared to pay money to watch that?!
Sadly they are Ayse, and at a great premium.
I say, let them do so, because if they find out what we have, they'll all want some and then there will be no room for us !!!

Rusty
Old 22 May 2002, 05:31 (Ref:292152)   #35
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Brethren
if they find out what we have, they'll all want some and then there will be no room for us !!!
Rusty, you point your finger on it with accuracy !

Don't shout about Le Mans, seems that FIA forgot us, it's perfect to keep on rolling... I'm afraid of the success LM coukd have, Mosley should be back fast and easy (nice and sleazy ?), and it could be the end again of our favourite race !

The price of the french F GP are... I don't know how to qualify that : for 1h40 of junk, you pay between 230 and 300 € a grandstand place (not including the main entrance ticket !)... I let you detail what there's to see (sorry, I don't feel so good )...

Hey, changing of subject, anybody has news of Dr Austin ?
Old 22 May 2002, 15:51 (Ref:292713)   #36
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wotcher Guys
Just catching up on this thread, and agree the touting thing is a smelly old problem. Like many of the lads posting I often have to sell some of our tickets when some Herbert in our party drops out, always at face value, although I'll always accept 'a pint for your trouble'. It boils down to supply and demand I guess, last year I had to sell 2 grandstand tickets, to what I thought was a genuine buyer. Come the race, sitting next to us are two guys in the seats who paid 150 quid for each of the tickets, yes, the bugger had sold them on. What can a man do?
H
Old 22 May 2002, 18:10 (Ref:292825)   #37
LarryLemans
Rookie

LarryLemans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems there is an ENORMOUS request of the tickets - there are currently 2 biddings running the first on ebay is for a single ticket karting nord and the second is the bidding of QXL (10 tickets) mentioned above.

On ebay the single person rose to £122 and on the qxl they is currently £44.

They are true forces of the market in the action.