Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Nov 2007, 13:49 (Ref:2066566)   #26
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks unbelievable, the only comments would be that there is space for the pitlane to exit onto the S/F straight .

And possibly lengthen the straight parallel(ish) to the S/F a touch before tightening the the right hander making a final overtaking point before the sweeping last corner.

But these are very minor nit-picks
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2066588)   #27
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I'm just looking at the track again, and, with SBF's remarks taken into account, this truely is one of the best tracks in months.

The only problem with it, in my view, might be the scale. The start-finish straight would be approx. 1.2 km (1,300 yards), the North-most straight on public roads 1.3 km (over 1,400 yards) and the South-most straight, including the right-left sweeper, about 1.8 km (almost 2,000 yards). Would make one heluva challenge, though.

If only Pirenzo would add his slick graphics to it.

Last edited by Lustigson; 13 Nov 2007 at 14:27.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2066622)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd guess that even the shortened circuit would be over 4kms, so this would suffice for F1, with the big loop at roughly 10kms long being ideal for Endurance racing where long straights aren't quite as much of an issue.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:05 (Ref:2066625)   #29
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd guess it would be Spa-ish long:

- Start-finish straight 1.2 km
- North-West straight 0.9 km
- North-East straight 1.3 km
- South-East straight 1.2 km

That adds up to 4.6 km. Add another 2.5 to 3 kms for all the curves, corners and turns, and you've got a great 7.1 to 7.6 km long modern-day classic.

I say let's build it!

Last edited by Lustigson; 13 Nov 2007 at 15:12.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 18:03 (Ref:2066707)   #30
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a very nice track. But it's a bit Tilke-ish in places

But a very nice track. Le Mans-esque
Old 13 Nov 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2066783)   #31
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alwaysfirst, I like that one, too. I have to agree that it looks somewhat Tilke-influenced, but slightly altering the 3 corners at the end of the backstraight, just after the old pits, would do the job of getting rid of the Sepang comparisons. I think it's a good thing that this compares to Spa in length. The spoon-ish final corner is a modern classic!

So FIA, if you're watching, there you've got your new French GP.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2066797)   #32
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing! And I donĀ“t think you should change the section after the old pits, that kind of ultra fast corners are far to rare!