Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Apr 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2177641)   #26
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I couldnt be in a better place anywhere in the world for the 24 week of the year ..... love it .
and this year we'll treat you to a ferrari GT2 victory to make it unforgettable!!!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2178174)   #27
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
but they dont know a thing about beer
Affligem
Old 15 Apr 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2178218)   #28
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasnt going to reply to this thread as I've only been once, but the place gets to you, it gets under your skin and festers away. I had a bad one last year too many hours working and not enough time track side but I had thought "never again!" but come October and Im itchin like Ive got fleas or somethin'. Then I realise I've got to go back and do it again, I have to taste the atmosphere once more, I have to slay the rain demon and laugh through the night standing at Arnage watching the lights dissapear like the Starship Enterprise on Warp 10 toward the Porsche Curves and I find myself dreaming of the day I'm back there, in France with thousands of other smiling Brits, Danes, Germans and French (and other nationalities too many to list) watching THE best race on the Planet.

Roll on June!

Old 15 Apr 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2178352)   #29
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Funny thing is,that about two days before we leave on wednesday,I allways loose the will to go. I have silly thoughts like "it's probably not gonna be as good as last year" or "the noise of the cars is now muffled,so why even go there?"...I congure up all kind of funny excuses for myself not to like the event.
But then when we get in the car on wednesday morning,the cloud above my head slowly starts to fade,then by the time we pass Paris and see the first Le Mans roadsign,the butterflies start flapping their wings in my stomach and as soon as I see the grandstands and pit tower,an enormous warm feeling of coming home hits me and the broad smile on my face starts to look silly...

This'll be my 13th consecutive year(12th for my lady) and for the last 9 we've allways made the effort to arrive in time for quailifying. Apart from seeing as much racing as possible,it's also a very good moment to introduce the newbees to the cars. The flabbergasted expressions on their faces when the first cars round the Ford chicanes and blast by start/finish are golden to me.
Brings back cherrished memories of my own first time...

And then ofcourse there's the meeting of old friends,the great food and drink,the silly contrapsions running around the campsites,the staggering array of exotic cars in the wild...ahh,it's just so many things that make Le Mans being the best party of the year.
As long as my life will allow me,I'll be there year,after year,after year...

Last edited by GTfour; 15 Apr 2008 at 21:22.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2178818)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its silly things that make it special for me. Just meeting up with the guys before we head off to Portsmouth - most of whom I won't have even spoken to since the previous year's trip. Getting on the boat - the first steps into the circuit.... all these things are special when you look forward to them all year.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2178830)   #31
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=The Badger] And I havent tried tarteflette yet either ..... any good ?

17yrs and you've not tried the tarteflette???

Poor form my dear Badger... Poor form...
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2178856)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
22 years and I haven't tried it either - nor do I intend to.......

But you can feed me merguez all weekend.........
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2178965)   #33
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Tartiflette? Merguez??

Salmon fillet cooked in white wine with dill; strawberries flambeed in kirsch and black pepper; Chicken supremes stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in pancetta; boeuf bourgignonne; creme brulee and, of course, roast topside of beef......
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2178991)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You forgot the Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.......
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2179034)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Affligem
Care to explain that word please mate ?

If its a French beer , I never heard of it !!!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2179036)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
and this year we'll treat you to a ferrari GT2 victory to make it unforgettable!!!
Now ..... if you care to add on to the above statement , that you will eat your hat if they dont ..... I'll hang about to see that one !!!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2179041)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

[QUOTE=RickP:Clio51]
Quote:
And I havent tried tarteflette yet either ..... any good ?

17yrs and you've not tried the tarteflette???

Poor form my dear Badger... Poor form...
Well , im not really into cheese unless its like chedder or Monteray Jack , and there is quite a hum off of it ..... but I will try some this year . What cheese do they use in Tarteflette ?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2179169)   #38
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
You forgot the Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.......
Lobster Thermostat with spam a la mode - delicious! Served up with a glass of Chateau anti-freeze, of course.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2179184)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mind you, a plate of foie gras and a glass of champagne would suit me quite well too.......
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2179195)   #40
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rillettes

Tartiflette is a fine Le Mans institution, although it is a bit of a lucky dip how big a portion you get.

Everything you needed to know => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartiflette

The Reblochon cheese in it can be bought in Tesco
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2179208)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have at least tried the cheese - in the UK.......
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2179217)   #42
speedchillsnick
Rookie

United Kingdom
liverpool
speedchillsnick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply because it's the greatest race in the world, first went with speedchills in 2006 and now run their bar in basejour.

Sitting on the bank at the porche curves at sunrise with the last of the cans in 06, falling down the bank at arnage in the pouring rain in 07, all great memories cant wait to find out what 2008 has in store.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2179227)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I have at least tried the cheese - in the UK.......
Whats the closest tasting cheese to it Asye ?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2179228)   #44
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchillsnick
Simply because it's the greatest race in the world, first went with speedchills in 2006 and now run their bar in basejour.

Sitting on the bank at the porche curves at sunrise with the last of the cans in 06, falling down the bank at arnage in the pouring rain in 07, all great memories cant wait to find out what 2008 has in store.
Hey ho Nick, I too cant wait and I intend to spend a lot more time trackside this year! Probably all night if I can manage it!

Justin
Old 18 Apr 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2181010)   #45
speedchillsnick
Rookie

United Kingdom
liverpool
speedchillsnick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep i think that a couple of 4am beverages by the porche curves are the order of the day this year hopefully weather will be red hot this year
Old 19 Apr 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2181113)   #46
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Sounds fine! Its another reason Why we do Le Mans! Drinking beer at stupid o'clock watching sportscars tear by!
Old 19 Apr 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2181258)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Whats the closest tasting cheese to it Asye ?

Crumbs, I only had it once and it didn't do much for me. I only tried it as I hadn't before. I also only had it cold. Not a hard cheese but not a smelly soft cheese either - relatively unremarkable I thought, rather like the St. Paulin or the other triangular cheese that you can get in Tescos.......

Probably one of those things like mozzarella, not that special (to me) 'raw' but great cooked on a pizza or the like...

Terrible 'review mate, maybe a fan can tell you more?
Old 19 Apr 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2181261)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchillsnick
yep i think that a couple of 4am beverages by the porche curves are the order of the day this year hopefully weather will be red hot this year

What do you mean - 'hopefully' ????

It's a given mate.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2181899)   #49
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Terrible 'review mate, maybe a fan can tell you more?
Right ..... Im throwing caution to the wind and Im having it this year !!!

Ayse ..... any particular reason as to "why" you havent tried it and seem adverse to it ?
Old 20 Apr 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2182353)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Looks. It looks absolutely foul to me......

But then again, I appreciate that my beloved merguez looks pretty disgusting too......

I'll tell you what, we'll have to meet up and share the experience.......!