Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Nov 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2327409)   #26
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there are other outlets for being so serious and uptight. Hands off Top Gear!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 22:56 (Ref:2327451)   #27
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I'm not suggesting a return to the Chris Goffey's review of yet another Subaru Forester, but the show has become very predicable.
How about a review of Philippa Forrester? I'd take her for a test drive any day.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2327453)   #28
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
How about a review of Philippa Forrester? I'd take her for a test drive any day.
I thought it was a show for new models?
Old 3 Nov 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2327456)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I thought it was a show for new models?
Yes, but there's nothing wrong with the odd practical classic.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2327465)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I must say I'm getting fed up as well.

I want Noel Edmonds back and serious road tests of hopeless hatchbacks. Where are the fuel figures, the insurance quotes? Why did they get rid of Jason Dawe after just one series?

It's all WRONG!
Yet another sarcasmometer explodes. Fortunately no one noticed.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2327489)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, I'll be 100% serious from now on methinks...
Old 4 Nov 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2327635)   #32
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the show did look a bit tired, although it was the first episode so I'll give them the benefit of doubt till next week.
I actually thought the truck item was reasonably good right up until the last bit. I mean, other than being a reasonably spirited attempt to kill Clarkson, what on earth was the point? When was the last time anyone saw an HGV (deliberately or otherwise) driven through a brick wall? I mean it's not exactly the first thing a manufacturer is going to boast about on the spec-sheet is it?
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2327777)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
It was far better than anything else that was on at the same time
Actually the scheduling was/is interesting....

Clarkson even wondered why the Beeb had allowed 2 of their 3 highest rating programmes to air at the same time??????

I know there's various 'skypluses' and 'replay' choices but I think that it's plain daft to put Strictly results (nearly everyone likes that) on at the same time as Beeb 2's top rated show!!!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2327793)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it was a fail for those of us who like our sequins AND arsing around in motor vehicles
Old 4 Nov 2008, 15:11 (Ref:2327957)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Maybe they should merge the two:

Top Dancing
Strictly Come Gear
Top Come Dancing
Strictly Gear

Errr.... they sound a bit dodgy though (or maybe that's just in my mind).
Old 4 Nov 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2327990)   #36
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
AH! thats why they kept mentioning the dancing... *flew over my head*

Anyways.. as a motoring show it failed... as Top Gear it was pretty much what we have come to exspect. Overall I enjoyed it.

I did yawn and pretty much get quite bored with there "news" section... and the "Star in the car" interview.. tbh I can not even remember who it was!? hmmmm

Also I exspected Clarkson to find the corsa which had fallen out the truck in the middle of the road... and either ram it out the way... or take a shortcut down a nice steep hill or something.

They did have a clip in the preview of a caravan doing a mega jump.. looks like the stuntman will be back.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2328008)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Also I exspected Clarkson to find the corsa which had fallen out the truck in the middle of the road... and either ram it out the way... or take a shortcut down a nice steep hill or something.
Ha ha yes I wondered about that too. Perhaps it was flattened but then edited out for 'gratuitous harm to poor old Micra' reasons!!!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2328077)   #38
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Maybe they should merge the two:

Top Dancing
Strictly Come Gear
Top Come Dancing
Strictly Gear

Errr.... they sound a bit dodgy though (or maybe that's just in my mind).
With Children In Need due soon, anything is possible.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2328092)   #39
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, Mr Clarkson is in trouble due to his comments about what truckers do when they're not driving. 500 complaints so far, some direct to Ofcom. Wouldn't fancy being the producer of TG at the moment, given the current mess at the BBC with regards to complaints.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2328132)   #40
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Do people have nothing else to do but complain.. Where can we complain about them!?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2328263)   #41
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstubbs
Oh dear, Mr Clarkson is in trouble due to his comments about what truckers do when they're not driving. 500 complaints so far, some direct to Ofcom. Wouldn't fancy being the producer of TG at the moment, given the current mess at the BBC with regards to complaints.
7 million viewers

188 complaints initially

Over 500 complaints AFTER it hit the newspapers on Monday Morning.
Source :BBC website
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2328270)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstubbs
Wouldn't fancy being the producer of TG at the moment, given the current mess at the BBC with regards to complaints.
It would be as bad as being a prostitute in a truckers cab.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2328332)   #43
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I must say I'm getting fed up as well.

I want Noel Edmonds back and serious road tests of hopeless hatchbacks. Where are the fuel figures, the insurance quotes? Why did they get rid of Jason Dawe after just one series?

It's all WRONG!

he got knicked for drink driving

stop winging and just treat it for its entertainment value. its no longer a serious programme, the old top gear and 5th have failed for being serious. this version of top gear is now the highest earning programe on the bbc.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2328503)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Do people have nothing else to do but complain.. Where can we complain about them!?
To be frank, good value as he is, JC does talk a lot of twaddle sometimes, that ought to be kept down the pub with his mates and not broadcast on air....
Old 5 Nov 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2328509)   #45
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
JC does talk a lot of twaddle sometimes
He most certainly does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
, that ought to be kept down the pub with his mates and not broadcast on air....
No, no, no. That's part of the appeal of Top Gear - it's like you are down the pub with them talking twaddle. Let's face it some of the things they do on TG must have been dreamt up over a few jars
Old 5 Nov 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2328548)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
stop winging and just treat it for its entertainment value. its no longer a serious programme, the old top gear and 5th have failed for being serious. this version of top gear is now the highest earning programe on the bbc.
Ironically I think you took Knowlesy's post too seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_m
Jason or Noel?
Old 5 Nov 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2328553)   #47
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey

Sarcasm....
So easily lost on t'intarwebz.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2328579)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Odd that it gets lost, as there is so much of it!
Old 6 Nov 2008, 02:45 (Ref:2329181)   #49
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't seen the new episode yet as my laptop was stolen the other day, but unless its dramatically different from last season they are on the precipice of lazy, yet laboured, boring slapstick. Exhibit one - the Alfa challenge where Richard continually ran into the back of James' GTV, not sure it was funny 47 times...
Old 6 Nov 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2329301)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You are going to love the straw and the electric fan. It makes no sense whatsoever.