10 47 46.08%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2326267)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I didn't find the middle bit boring, because I was absolutely certain that something was going to happen - it was just a matter of when!

Yep, I had that feeling too - all the way through. The only race this season I haven't nodded off at some point during......
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2326271)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any race on that track is good.

It's like Spa or Monaco or Silverstone, simply joyful to watch. Especially without TC!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2326272)   #28
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 for the race
11 for the last 4 laps.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2326274)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was just joyous at the prospect of watching of GPs next season not interrupted by bloody adverts........
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2326278)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...or grooved tyres. Or winglets.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2326280)   #31
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
9/10

Great finale.

The right man won the race

The right man won the championship, despite those meddling FIA kids

I haven't had a rollercoaster of emotions like that for years, and never been so excited about a race

Perry McCarthy
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2326281)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

...or grooved tyres. Or winglets.
Yes - real slick tyres! Mmmmmmmmm
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2326306)   #33
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Knowlesy Or winglets. [/QUOTE]
Don't go to KFC then!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2326308)   #34
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well that was quite the race, I loved it!...10
Old 2 Nov 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2326321)   #35
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for the race and 15 for Lewis' world championship
Old 2 Nov 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2326398)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just have to be sure the 10 is winning !
Old 2 Nov 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2326403)   #37
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I was just joyous at the prospect of watching of GPs next season not interrupted by bloody adverts........
But surely I'm not the only one who's going to miss 'Rocket' on the Sony adverts just a little bit...?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 2 Nov 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2326404)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Who gave it a 1? John, is that you?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2326417)   #39
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
race was poor
Only made slightly interesting by changing weather and lewis hamilton
But british F1 champion so i suppose maybe worth 10!!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2326530)   #40
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 00:24 (Ref:2326533)   #41
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An 8. The fact that Hamilton almost threw it away again and was able to win the championship on the last lap offsets the fact that the race lulled me to sleep in the middle.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Nov 2008, 00:31 (Ref:2326538)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Who gave it a 1? John, is that you?
Nope,that will be Luca.He's a regular on here.

Oh err...a 9.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2326599)   #43
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10, the greatest final race ever!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2326608)   #44
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Any race on that track is good.

It's like Spa or Monaco or Silverstone, simply joyful to watch. Especially without TC!
was thinking the same thing myself Knowlesy.

the undulations, turn one and two, the fast kink on the bumpy straight with grandstands overflowing with real genuine appreciation and celebration for motor racing (especially when compared to somewhere like china where the crowd may as well be cardboard cutouts)...

each year i am reminded just how much i like this track...
Old 3 Nov 2008, 04:02 (Ref:2326610)   #45
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a ten, simply outstanding. Vettel and Glock, Lewis and Massa, rain and sunshine, it just doesn't get any better.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2326704)   #46
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went for a 10: can we expect more from a F1 race?
Old 3 Nov 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2326773)   #47
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That can't be anything other than a 10. It had every possible ingredient for excitement and will likely go down as one of the most dramatic sporting events in history.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2326783)   #48
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 - threatening to become dull in the middle, but - again - saved (and more than that) by rain. A great last few laps! But throughout the race it was great to see the drivers working hard for their money right at the limit. In this respect, F1 has been much improved this year over the "traction control years".
Old 3 Nov 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2326792)   #49
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10. I like that track to be hit by random showersss
Old 3 Nov 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2326797)   #50
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yet another endorsement for my random on-track sprinkler idea ! Bernie are you listening there