Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Apr 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2436176)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
And we do a sort of half way compromise: we stay at our secret campsite on the Sunday night

Just on the off chance, you don't happen to know Alan and Val, do you?
Old 7 Apr 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2436178)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Thats all weel and good if u haven't gotta go to work on the monday!

I don't have to work the whole of the following week..... I always take it off. After staying up all night through the race, I need my beauty sleep after Le Mans!
Old 7 Apr 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2436236)   #28
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just on the off chance, you don't happen to know Alan and Val, do you?
I know several Alans and at least one Val, but no couple called Alan and Val.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2436248)   #29
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't have to work the whole of the following week..... I always take it off. After staying up all night through the race, I need my beauty sleep after Le Mans!
Clearly we don't have such a strenuous time as you - one good night's sleep is sufficient for recovery!
Old 8 Apr 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2436439)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We get back home early on Monday morning so apart from catching up on sleep taking the monday to sort out the car,tents and other parafinalia before work on tuesday.
Old 9 Apr 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2437458)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I know several Alans and at least one Val, but no couple called Alan and Val.

Ah well, it was just a thought...... and you know where thinking gets you!
Old 10 Apr 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2437973)   #32
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Ah well, it was just a thought...... and you know where thinking gets you!
And there I was, expecting some great revelation regarding the mysterious Alan and Val connected with Channel crossings.......
Old 10 Apr 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2438027)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No they're just friends of mine (well, internet friends) who run Club Valan (Motorsport Tours).
Old 10 Apr 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2438044)   #34
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
No they're just friends of mine (well, internet friends) who run Club Valan (Motorsport Tours).
Just looked at their website and it looks like a good deal, although being on the airfield, it doesn't come under my heading of quiet and peaceful.

I think I've probably seen their campsite. Is it on the corner of the airfield closest to Arnage Village?

I hate to mention it, but (yet again) we're getting off topic....
Old 15 Apr 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2441046)   #35
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think I will leave booking ferries until closer to the event, don't think its wise to let them have my money 8 months before when most ferry companies are looking slightly less than secure in the current enviroment.
Right now it seems that the ferry companies aren't the problem, but the workers in the Port of Calais. It would be very French of them to decide that a "holiday" in the middle of June would be a good idea.

At the moment, those of us going via Dunkerque or Boulogne, a long sea crossing or the tunnel are OK, but....
Old 15 Apr 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2441079)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Let the french fishermen strike now, as long as they are not blocking the ports in May (Spa) or in June for Le Mans, the problems caused on the M20 are actually helping me as most of the traffic is using the M2 so clear run for me most evening back from london.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2441235)   #37
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Let the french fishermen strike now, as long as they are not blocking the ports in May (Spa) or in June for Le Mans, the problems caused on the M20 are actually helping me as most of the traffic is using the M2 so clear run for me most evening back from london.

It's an ill wind, etc. etc.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2441559)   #38
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Right now it seems that the ferry companies aren't the problem, but the workers in the Port of Calais. It would be very French of them to decide that a "holiday" in the middle of June would be a good idea.

At the moment, those of us going via Dunkerque or Boulogne, a long sea crossing or the tunnel are OK, but....
Dunkerque and Boulogne were also blockaded, but P&O and LD Lines sued the individual fishermen this afternoon.
The court ordered fishermen in Calais to pay €1000 per boat per hour of disruption and those in Boulogne €5000 per boat per hour of disruption.
Bailiffs are currently serving the court orders ....
Old 17 Apr 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2443118)   #39
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good work!
The French Minister suggested our government should actually sue the french government for compensation!
Old 20 Apr 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2445864)   #40
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
LD Lines are adding a new generation fast ferry to the Dover-Boulogne route. Service is due to start two weeks before this year's race.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8008183.stm
Old 21 Apr 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2446077)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had a quick look and plenty of availability for Le Mans including new 22.30 return on Sunday, and £50 return not a bad price, however already booked the tunnel so perhaps next year.