Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Dec 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2350629)   #26
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Confirmed: AF Corse with Team Seattle for GT2
Confirmed where?
Old 9 Dec 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2350640)   #27
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda1
They also said that the way they design the tub, it could be an open top and it can also be a coupe. I don't think they have decided yet. I still think the car at Sebring was the P2 car. What is wrong with De Ferran helping Acura develop the new P2 car? I also saw the unpublished pictures and It does look almost identical to this year's car so I am sure we haven't seen the P1 yet. Maybe we never will?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 9 Dec 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2350641)   #28
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestingly this team who have competed at the Daytona 24 for the last few years do indeed have plans for Sebring and LM. They would have to have a partner team to "buy" the entry from, and they have already held a fund raiser at a Ferrari dealership. That all seems to fit in with AF Corse.

Bring it on.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2350653)   #29
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They also said that the way they design the tub, it could be an open top and it can also be a coupe. I don't think they have decided yet. I still think the car at Sebring was the P2 car. What is wrong with De Ferran helping Acura develop the new P2 car? I also saw the unpublished pictures and It does look almost identical to this year's car so I am sure we haven't seen the P1 yet. Maybe we never will?

Acura has never stated anything of the sort. In fact I'm the who originated that idea and I completely admitted it was Wild Ass Guess and rather out there...I've since come to the conclusion that I was simply wrong. As to the continued "conspiracy" that the images portray not the LMP1 but an updated LMP2...well, believe what you like.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 02:34 (Ref:2350662)   #30
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe its a Formula Le Mans car?
Old 9 Dec 2008, 02:48 (Ref:2350667)   #31
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Way to go Acura. Thanks for making our lives harder on PLM
Old 9 Dec 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2350669)   #32
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
No, it was the P2 car disguised to look like the P1 car, which looks like the P2 car, just for added confusion
Old 9 Dec 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2350691)   #33
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nope, new Oscar Meyer Wiener car...
Old 9 Dec 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2350696)   #34
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Acura STILL hasn't given ANY details about the car... The NEVER said it would be a coupe, NEVER said it could be a coupe and/or an open car. We know NOTHING more about it other than the blurry photos and that it sounds normally aspirated.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2350704)   #35
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato
Interestingly this team who have competed at the Daytona 24 for the last few years do indeed have plans for Sebring and LM. They would have to have a partner team to "buy" the entry from, and they have already held a fund raiser at a Ferrari dealership. That all seems to fit in with AF Corse.

Bring it on.
The Team Seattle logos were on the Farnbacher Loles car at this year's Sebring race so I am not surprised to hear they are going. I am surprised that it's with a Ferrari. Now if JMB shows up there will be a good selection of F430's. I wonder where the Petersen F430 is?
Old 9 Dec 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2350980)   #36
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for the Winter test entrylist toward the 9th january, we'll have a better idea of who will be there
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2350998)   #37
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan
The Team Seattle logos were on the Farnbacher Loles car at this year's Sebring race so I am not surprised to hear they are going. I am surprised that it's with a Ferrari. Now if JMB shows up there will be a good selection of F430's. I wonder where the Petersen F430 is?
http://www.fiagt.com/cars.php?market=true&key=18
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2351009)   #38
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
Can't wait for the Winter test entrylist toward the 9th january, we'll have a better idea of who will be there
The winter test will likely not take place.

Quote:

Last edited by mattcat; 9 Dec 2008 at 15:35.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2351017)   #39
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ALMS has already confirmed the winter test. Now there's a test that would save teams money to skip! 2 months advance on a track that is readily available thruout the year. Of course, having said that, I'm told we're going because Florida is so nice this time of year.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2351030)   #40
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by full throttle
The ALMS has already confirmed the winter test. Now there's a test that would save teams money to skip! 2 months advance on a track that is readily available thruout the year. Of course, having said that, I'm told we're going because Florida is so nice this time of year.
Oh...well the last I heard, it was in jeapordy. Well, regardless of whether or not the test is available, I'm thinking that its entry list may not be an accurate picture of who will or will not be there come March.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2351058)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The test is not mandatory, the Le Mans test was!

L.P.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2351064)   #42
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/news/...t%20Update.pdf
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2351067)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oh...well the last I heard, it was in jeapordy. Well, regardless of whether or not the test is available, I'm thinking that its entry list may not be an accurate picture of who will or will not be there come March.
Hmm, that is half true every year. Why would someone go testing if they are doubtful of going racing?? And as an example only 18 cars were there in 08 for the WDWT and 35 cars were on the entry list for the race.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 9 Dec 2008 at 16:51.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2351069)   #44
full throttle
Racer

"The test is not mandatory, the Le Mans test was!"

My point being that the sebring test is more of a cost factor than the lemans test and doesn't offer the same payback, at least for a small American team.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2351071)   #45
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was confirmed a few days ago that it will take place as planned.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2351077)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
"The test is not mandatory, the Le Mans test was!"

My point being that the sebring test is more of a cost factor than the lemans test and doesn't offer the same payback, at least for a small American team.
Yet your choosing to go!

L.P.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2351078)   #47
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Hmm, that is half true every year. Why would someone go testing if they are doubtful of going racing?? And as an example only 18 cars were there in 08 for the WDWT and 35 cars were on the entry list for the race.

L.P.
My point was that there will likely be more cars there in March than in January. Which your example supports nicely.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2351083)   #48
full throttle
Racer

"Yet your choosing to go!"

Not my call! That's up to Mr Lewis. The team would rather run closer to home.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2351106)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
"Yet your choosing to go!"

Not my call! That's up to Mr Lewis. The team would rather run closer to home.
Yet Mike, who is footing the bill, seems to think it is. It is his team, right? So how can you say, it is not a value for a small American team?

L.P.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2351119)   #50
full throttle
Racer

Without speaking too far out of turn, Mike does not 'foot' the bill and the forces that do, purely like to run from a driving standpoint. According to crew chief nothing of real value is learned from a car standpoint. Plus apparently there may be additions for 2009.