Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jan 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2382988)   #26
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I don't think there's anything specifically banning them, the Christmas Plum Pudding meeting at Mallory has been a mixed bike/car event for years.

For a championship meeting it's more likely to be a logistical problem. Bike and car marshals/officials have different operating practices, then there's removing/installing the bales/padding over the armco.
They do it in Sweden too, with Superbike and STCC. I'd be glad if they didn't, though. Bikes are nice to watch on TV, but they hold little interest for me at the STCC meetings. Oh well, at least it's a good time to have a walk in the paddock.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2383182)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
First drawings of the new Silhouette-class2 Audi were published on the BTCS-website:

Side and back looks good, but I hate that single-frame grill design...
Looks nice, but I don't like the rear spoiler.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2383191)   #28
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
ADAC-Procar doing away with their diesel-class therefore division 3 will now be run to the rules from the old and succesfull days of the series when it was still known as Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge.

http://translate.google.de/translate...state0=&swap=1

I wonder if this is a first step to get out of the S2000-regs, as they appearantly did not really work for the series, with only half a dozen of proper S2000-cars at most rounds in 2008.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2383851)   #29
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is they Audi a brand new chassis or just fitted on to one of they old Solution F Opel Chassis? The side and other aero treatments reminds of they old Opel thats why I asked
Old 1 Feb 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2383861)   #30
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by notguilty
is they Audi a brand new chassis or just fitted on to one of they old Solution F Opel Chassis? The side and other aero treatments reminds of they old Opel thats why I asked
Same chassis, different body
Old 2 Feb 2009, 02:55 (Ref:2383965)   #31
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks thought so
Old 5 Feb 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2389260)   #32
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Silhouettes to be allowed in ETCS next year:

http://www.stopandgo.tv/news/ruote-c...e-e1-1/en.html

The ETCS adds a new class for 24hr Nürburgring-style E1-cars, silhouette racers and Renault Meganes cars.
The organizers expect one, later two E1-Audis in the series to challenge an increasing number of E92 M3s.

On the schedule side, the race at the Hungaro-Ring has been cancelled, but the Silver Cup 6hr race at Vallelunga will become a championship round.

Looks like ETCS and BTCS are getting closer rules-wise, might not be a bad idea.

And helterskelter might correct me, if I or the google translator got anything wrong, as I read this news on his website www.stopandgo.tv
Old 7 Feb 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2390359)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Here's the calender of the Campionato Italiano Tourismo Endurance:

29 March Vallelunga
19 April Imola
10 May Adria
21 June Mugello*
19 July Misano
2 August Varano**
6 September Imola*
20 September Vallelunga**
27 September Mugello
18 October Monza

*= only division 1
** = only division 2

I am not completely sure, what Div 1 and 2 are, if it is divided by Diesel vs Petrol or by displacement, and which is which, one of our Italian posters might be able to help me out.

In other CITE-news, TcT says, that Seat Sport Italia will be back with Roberto Colciago in a Turbo-Leon, going for overal victories.

Last edited by Speed-King; 7 Feb 2009 at 11:10.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2394418)   #34
Speed-King
Veteran

And here's the Chad-Racing-KIA for BTCS:
http://www.btcseries.be/fr/actualite...lhouette-.html

I wonder if there's a Megane-Trophy-Chassis underneath the bodywork, it certainly looks a lot like it.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2394526)   #35
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
And here's the Chad-Racing-KIA for BTCS:
http://www.btcseries.be/fr/actualite...lhouette-.html

I wonder if there's a Megane-Trophy-Chassis underneath the bodywork, it certainly looks a lot like it.
I'm the engineer on the Chad Kia project and can confirm that it definitely isn't a Megane Trophy underneath.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2394960)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Kia looks nice.

Uses this car the same chassis as the Peugeot of Chad Racing?

Engine prepared by Mountune.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2395448)   #37
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svierge
I'm the engineer on the Chad Kia project and can confirm that it definitely isn't a Megane Trophy underneath.
Solution F then?
Old 11 Feb 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2395452)   #38
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Solution F then?
Ah, the wing height is just part of the regulations...

Pescarolo.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2395455)   #39
Speed-King
Veteran

Didn't know that Pescarolo are building tubeframe-chassis...
Is this an old French Supertourisme Chassis?
Old 11 Feb 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2395458)   #40
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Yep, as we've used for the last couple of years. There are quite a few revisions though as we've had the time to make the changes we want for '09.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2395462)   #41
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svierge
Yep, as we've used for the last couple of years. There are quite a few revisions though as we've had the time to make the changes we want for '09.
Interesting, so it is the Peugot-chassis after all.

Thanks for posting here
Old 11 Feb 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2395562)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Didn't know that Pescarolo are building tubeframe-chassis...
Is this an old French Supertourisme Chassis?
Pescarolo was Peugeot factory team in French supertourism series couple years ago.

Is the engine based on a Kia block?

Last edited by FIRE; 11 Feb 2009 at 17:27.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2395603)   #43
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
French supertourism series
Is it just me or is that series one big enigma? Not much to find about it on the internet.
Looked like an interesting series, ableit with pretty small grids.

Interesting that they went to silhouette cars the same time as we did here in Germany, maybe it might have worked better, if they had a common ruleset with DTM.
And then there are of course the stories about BTCC considering switching to DTM-rules in 2000...
It's a real shame that everyone went their separate way back then...
With more potential manufacturers and more countries with the same rules, DTM maybe would've not developed into the mess it is today.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2403880)   #44
Speed-King
Veteran

Some news from various Italian series, found at racingworld.it. The Italians here might want to correct me, if I, my rudimentary knowledge of Latin and the google translator got anything wrong.

Superstars
Habitat Racing will campaign an E92 M3 this year for a yet to be named driver. The team will also field a BMW 550 for Bruno Bollini.
Santucci Racing will bring a second Cadillac. Maybe this will help boosting the field to more than a dozen of cars.

ETCS: Dutch tuner Musch Motorsport is preparing an M3 for Duller Motorsport, that is -as far as the looks go - a copy of the ALMS-GT2-car of Rahal Letterman Racing. A second car of this type will be built for Italian team IFN Motorsport.
Pictures of the car can be found here: http://www.racingworld.it/touring/no...na_bmw_m3_alms

Last edited by Speed-King; 25 Feb 2009 at 13:33.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2407192)   #45
Speed-King
Veteran

Possible BTCS-Entrylist (source Pitstop.tv and Endurance Info)
S1: (8/10)
- KS Motorsport BMW M3
- KS Motorsport BMW M3
- Chad Racing Kia ProCeed
- Chad Racing Kia ProCeed
- Streetmachine Audi A4
- Delahaye Megane
- Delahaye Megane*
- Jag4Fun Jaguar X-Type
- Jag4Fun Jaguar X-Type
- Thiery Boutsen Mazda RX-8???(*) Mazda has pulled the official support from the team, so the program seems to be in trouble right now

* indicates partial season
S2: (6)
- Gomez Competition Touring Cup
- Gomez Competition Touring Cup
- Armand Fumal unknown silhouette. Was suppossed to be an Audi S3, but appearantly the Belgian Audi club was none too happy about it
- MTE Racing Touring Cup
- Roadster S
- Roadster S

T3-4 (11+)
- Denospi Leon Supercopa
- Signa Motorsport Leon Supercopa
- Signa Motorsport Leon Supercopa
- Spork Racing Team Leon Supercopa
- Gi Due Leon Supercopa
- Astur Car Leon Supercopa
- Eric Qvick BMW M3 (E92)
- Pampel/Joosen BMW M3 (E46)
- Family Buffet BMW 130i
- Nordicar Volvo S60
- Ivan Racing Subaru WRX
- maybe more Bimmers and Leons

T1-2 (7+)
- DVP Renault Clio
- RP Renault Clio
- more Clios
- Surinx Honda
- Plennevaux Toyota Altezza
- some Minis
- Guy Katsers Alfa 156
- unknown VW
Old 6 Mar 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2410493)   #46
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Portuguese Touring Car Championship still exists, although most drivers still haven't committed to the 2009 season. Most likely, there will be lots of entries to the Portuguese Touring Car Cup, which is run on the street circuits (therefore guaranteing a big audience - as in, more than 12 people) and doesn't count for the Championship. They also nixed going to Spain.

Calendar:
29 March - Estoril
26 April - Braga
17 May - Algarve
14 June - Estoril
13 Sept. - Braga
8 Nov. - Algarve

Touring Car Cup:
4/5 July - Porto
26 July - Vila Real

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2424363)   #47
Speed-King
Veteran

Another car for the Superstars Series: http://stopandgo.tv/news/ruote-coper...elunga/en.html

Pierluigi Martini in a Chrysler. Looks like a pretty deiverse field this year, though I am not sure about the overall field sizes yet...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2424591)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Audi Italy is entering the Italian GT with the Audi R8 GT3. Do they continue in Superstars? I understand Morbidelli is switching to BMW.

Has someone a list with confirmed entries?
Old 13 Apr 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2439963)   #49
Speed-King
Veteran

Some results from this weekend:

ADAC Procar

Two double victories for the Engstler-boys, Charlie Geipel in the Auris seems to be the best of the rest for now. Not much variety in either Division 2 (just call it Fiesta ST Cup) or Division 3 (aka Clio Cup). The Div.3 cars were noticeably faster than the Division 2cars, but I guess that's hardly a surprise.

Dutch Supercar

Not really a proper touring car series and this weekend with just two race for all 4 divisions at a time, so see for yourself. No idea, who's suppossed to have been the best touring car in there, the class 3 JR Motorsport BMW surely left a lot of class-two-ers behind in both races.

Dissappointing field at the first race of the ETCS two weeks ago at Monza, only 16 cars. A victory for Duller. pdf here

BTCS has no pdfs up yet, so I will add these later.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2443254)   #50
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any TV coverage of BTCS events? Maybe short news or reviews?