Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2461235)   #26
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://murphythebear.com/

a stuffed bear can't be a twonk if you ask me

Ciao Marco
Old 12 May 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2461253)   #27
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ok, back on topic ....aka Radio Le Mans Dont forget they have a midweek show 8pm UK time every Wednesday.
Old 13 May 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2461422)   #28
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
OK, now that we know nothing about Murphy the Bear and TWK, do we know anything about the wavelength for this year's RLM?
Old 13 May 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2461437)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
RLM was just under 108 on the radio at Spa, we found it, but there was no mention of it on the programme so not sure the exact frequency. As always it was a good mixture of comments and information.
Old 13 May 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2461441)   #30
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
RLM was just under 108 on the radio at Spa, we found it, but there was no mention of it on the programme so not sure the exact frequency. As always it was a good mixture of comments and information.
It was 106.2 at Spa, and very handy it was too.

I think it's been 91.2 at LM for the last few years.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2461651)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
http://murphythebear.com/

a stuffed bear can't be a twonk if you ask me

OK, we have a bear talking about racing. I think he's really a berserk sock puppet.

I've still missed the TWK bit though......
Old 13 May 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2461656)   #32
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It most certainly was announced on the programme - I very clearly recall correctin Hindy when he said 102.6!
Old 13 May 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2461790)   #33
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 25 minutes to go from last years repeat on my MP3 player - and its raining... again!!
Will the Pug catch the Audi this time???
Old 13 May 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2461796)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it hasn't on any of my 11 listens - I'm close to giving up.......
Old 13 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2461802)   #35
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, it hasn't on any of my 11 listens - I'm close to giving up.......
Don't spoil the ending for me!
Old 20 May 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2465842)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if RLM have announced this years frequency, tried the website but could not find anything there.
Old 20 May 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2465861)   #37
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Does anyone know if RLM have announced this years frequency, tried the website but could not find anything there.
No they have not, as the agency that assigns them has not done so yet. It will more than likely be the same as last year, but they should know for sure, soon (hopefully).

L.P.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2465927)   #38
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They did say during Salt Lake City race this weekend that they'd post it on their website as soon as they know, as they didn't have the information then.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2465977)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
91.2 FM

L.P.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2468153)   #40
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How well known is RLM outside of the web? I've never been to Le Mans so basically, the question is, how much publicity does RLM have outside of this medium? Do you see a lot of people tuning in at the race?
Would be interesting to know how good their ratings are.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2468159)   #41
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
imho .. it's essential to tune in during the race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 May 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2468161)   #42
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
How well known is RLM outside of the web? I've never been to Le Mans so basically, the question is, how much publicity does RLM have outside of this medium? Do you see a lot of people tuning in at the race?
They sell radios a the circuit to listen to the race.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2468164)   #43
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I look at it the other way round - how successful they are outside the trackside coverage of the race.

Don't forget, RLM started in 1987 way before the internet was around. Back then, if you were British, or spoke British a second language better than French, then the ONLY way to keep up with the race was to tune into RLM.

The answer to your question is, everyone listens to it. Think of it as a radio station thats gone to the web than a web station thats gone to the radio - because, well, it has!
Old 24 May 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2468166)   #44
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Listenership at LM is into 7 figures
Old 24 May 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2468168)   #45
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Ah, thanks for that!

I can't remember how I came about Radio Le Mans. Might have been when ALMS came about and RLM started partnering with them and links appeared on the website, so it was only very recently.

And that is a very good number.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2468171)   #46
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
I believe they are the most listened to event radio station worldwide
Old 24 May 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2468239)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's just essential. Absolutely essential.

If you've any doubts Andrew, go to the RLM site and donwload a couple of hours commentary from last year's race - say hour 1 and hour 24 (hour 22 is my favourite with Hugh Chamberlain.... ) and you'll begin to understand how superb it is.
Old 24 May 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2468301)   #48
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's just essential. Absolutely essential.

If you've any doubts Andrew, go to the RLM site and donwload a couple of hours commentary from last year's race - say hour 1 and hour 24 (hour 22 is my favourite with Hugh Chamberlain.... ) and you'll begin to understand how superb it is.
Oh, I already have all their broadcasts downloaded hah. And I've been listening to last year's coverage again and am in the last 2 hours.

I'm new on here but I've been following Le Mans since '93 (more casually initially, now it's a passion). Have been listening to RLM for the last couple of years..... I think! Next thing to do is actually see it live!

Only thing that confuses the hell out of me is when Eurosport is on and I want to mute it but then RLM is ahead or behind the footage!
Old 24 May 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2468417)   #49
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
They sell radios a the circuit to listen to the race.
How much do the radios cost and are they loud enough to hear the commentary over 4 Corvettes, a Lamborghini, 5 Aston Martins and umpteen Judds and Zyteks?
Old 24 May 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2468435)   #50
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
How much do the radios cost and are they loud enough to hear the commentary over 4 Corvettes, a Lamborghini, 5 Aston Martins and umpteen Judds and Zyteks?
You can still bring your own radio, which IMO is better.