Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jul 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2508496)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Oh damn...here comes another America vs Europe Flamefest....

I've seen enough of this on Youtube, espicially Topgear vids. BTW, Britons are BY FAR the worst when it comes to this. Do you guys like any other country besides England?

Only because you are stirring it up!!!!!!!!!!
It is not a forum topic, so take it elsewhere!

L.P.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2508709)   #27
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ this race, 4 classes next year in ALMS: DP, LMP1, LMP2 & GT (GT2 in this years money), unless the boring Challenge series remains in ALMS!
Old 26 Jul 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2508752)   #28
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you guys like any other country besides England?
There are other countries?

In fairness I was only confronting stupidity with stupidity. Its the only thing the stupid understand (thats not aimed at you MJ_N_09).

As HORNDAWG says, lets stay on target.

I think the challange cars should stay in the ALMS next year. GT3 is very popular over here and it could be a great way to foster growth in the US. Though to really grow it must become more than just Porkas, but with GT3 (as good as) set to become the new GT2, its naive to ignore them.

Of course given the current climate its easier to say that, than do it.

Edit -

For next year I see the ALMS has the best chance of carrying on is by running next years LMP's (both P1 and P2) at the 2011 P1 rules (with a dispensation and handicap for current P1's) and GT's at current GT2 rules and the Challange cars (and equivalents) as GT3's. Then in 2011 introduce the new P2 rules as an entry level for Proto-teams and allow the GT2 teams to choose between the proposed FIA GT rules. The last is of course providing the ACO go down the FIA route. Even then there is no point on the ALMS changing if the demand is not there, and they carry on as they are now.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2508756)   #29
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys. It's just that I get so tired of so many people talking smack about the country I live in.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2508848)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry guys. It's just that I get so tired of so many people talking smack about the country I live in.
Well that's why we booted them out in 1783.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2508859)   #31
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I watch BBC America from time to time and it is a left wing radical organization that hates America.
100% true. You should see dutch television,that's even worse...

Funny thread this though. Never thought I'd see somebody be so negative about such a great sportscar series. A series that in quality is absolutly incomparable to the DP championship or something like NASCAR.(which I'd love to go and see sometime,but it's simply not comparable)

It is ofcourse logic to see the ALMS(or any raceseries) in financial termoil. This'll ofcourse only be a matter of time. Before we know it,the ALMS will have the strongest GT2 army of any championship.
As for the proto's I'm not sure what we'll see,but there'll allways be outfits that see the weakening of a class as an opportunity to enter a championship...
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2508873)   #32
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
@ this race, 4 classes next year in ALMS: DP, LMP1, LMP2 & GT (GT2 in this years money), unless the boring Challenge series remains in ALMS!
I'd rather have the Challenge class than those DP prototurds getting in the way of proper sportscars
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2508879)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a non GT fan looking in all Ic an say is that the grids are very thin, the racing is not too bad actually but racing with such tiny grids of normal cars is never going to last
Old 27 Jul 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2509280)   #34
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually prefer the GT class to prototypes its better seeing cars you could see on the road imho. I really wouldn't care to see the DP's in the ALMS but I wouldn't mind having the GA GT cars instead of the Challenge Class in the ALMS. Atleast there would be more of a variety instead of all the boring Porsches.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2509310)   #35
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Well that's why we booted them out in 1783.
Battle Of Yorktown - October 19, 1781 Cornwallis surrenders to Washington.

"Booted" happened at the end of the war, not at the adoption (1787), ratification (1788) and implemention (1789). of the federal constitution.

The first organization of the colonies into a common government, the Articles of Confederation, was ratified in March 1781, (using the descriptor "The United States of America") months before Yorktown.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2509320)   #36
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthib10 View Post
I actually prefer the GT class to prototypes its better seeing cars you could see on the road imho. I really wouldn't care to see the DP's in the ALMS but I wouldn't mind having the GA GT cars instead of the Challenge Class in the ALMS. Atleast there would be more of a variety instead of all the boring Porsches.

I agree. If anything GA comes to ALMS, it'll be the GT cars.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2509348)   #37
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Battle Of Yorktown - October 19, 1781 Cornwallis surrenders to Washington.

"Booted" happened at the end of the war, not at the adoption (1787), ratification (1788) and implemention (1789). of the federal constitution.

The first organization of the colonies into a common government, the Articles of Confederation, was ratified in March 1781, (using the descriptor "The United States of America") months before Yorktown.
The treaty of Paris was signed in 1783 officially ending hostilities.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2509465)   #38
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Help me! I don't understand what this has to do with racing?
Old 27 Jul 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2509472)   #39
ARTRACER1
Rookie

United States
Charlotte, NC
ARTRACER1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing at all. The ALMS, like all sports car series since the dawn of man morphs from one thing into another. It's called progress. Some like it some dont. It's being accelerated by the sad state of the worlds economy, that was caused by greedy banks, politicians and speculators. Every series is in deep doo. Some will survive, many will not. Get used to it, and just keep speculating. The only one's who really know have the big check books. The BBC anti American bias has nothing to do with small grids. It has everything to do with mis-leading the free world politically with it's bias.. As an exiled Brit living in the Colonies, it saddens me to see the constant negative reporting. Yet when Mother Russia or the Middle Eastern mafia come calling, all I hear is "help us, help us", just like the rest of the world. So I think we will just keep on racing, producing some good entertainment, and stay living in the one country that amazingly, more people want to move to than anywhere else on the planet....Hmmmmmmm
Old 27 Jul 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2509497)   #40
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I'd rather have the Challenge class than those DP prototurds getting in the way of proper sportscars
OK, now whether, or not, the IMSA would allow the GARRA C.R.A.P. cars, or the tubey GT cars, they only go as fast as they do now due to GARRA rules.

IF- IF, they ran in the IMSA-- WHAT engine rules and power level would THEY HAVE?
The DPs with another one hundred and fifty hp would be A LOT faster than they are now.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2509535)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if they are stil "lying" about the TV figures
Old 27 Jul 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2509547)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
America is the Forth Reich.
no...that's NASCAR
Old 27 Jul 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2509568)   #43
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
no...that's NASCAR

(best post in this thread, "fod79")
Old 27 Jul 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2509569)   #44
rsr
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
rsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh please, don't even try to backpeddle while acting like you're word is the gospel.
The guy made a pretty valid point. So what is your argument and what has the BBC got to do with Lime Rock and the sh*****st excuse of a protoype race since I can possibly remember.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2509641)   #45
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You clearly have forgotten a lot of prototype races!
Old 28 Jul 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2509819)   #46
rsr
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
rsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
You clearly have forgotten a lot of prototype races!
Last year seems a long time a ago. What a difference a year makes.

Acura will pull the plug for sure and the only chance of survival would be to equalise p1 and p2 immediately in the hope of attracting new teams this year in preparation for next year. ALMS cannot survive (unfortunately) just because it has the worlds best GT grid. It needs the prototypes.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2509845)   #47
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr View Post
the worlds best GT grid.
I am not even sure about that one... It's mostly the one Flying Lizard car vs the one Risi Ferrari. Farnbacher-Loles only become a factor when they have Dirk Werner in the car and despite some waivers from IMSA, BMW has so far been pretty underwhelming.

ALMS has a great variety in GT2 and the top teams are (among?) the best in the world, but even GT2 lacks depth. The addition of Corvette will - of course - help...
Old 28 Jul 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2509975)   #48
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While this is the ALMS thread and we have been discussing the demise of ALMS here, let me point out that the entry list for the upcoming LMS race at Algarve is also dwindling rather rapidly as they are now down to 35 cars from well over 40 in the earlier rounds. It just seems like everyone is hurting these days and sportscar racing will need to ride it out just like the rest of the economy.

DK
Old 28 Jul 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2509988)   #49
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
While this is the ALMS thread and we have been discussing the demise of ALMS here, let me point out that the entry list for the upcoming LMS race at Algarve is also dwindling rather rapidly as they are now down to 35 cars from well over 40 in the earlier rounds. It just seems like everyone is hurting these days and sportscar racing will need to ride it out just like the rest of the economy.

DK
Still more than double the amount of cars the ALMS has been able to field most of the year (excluding the challenge cars). It would be great to see a 30 car ALMS field.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2509997)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
Hmm, it is a thread about the ALMS freezing up (sieze). It is not the ALMS thread.

L.P.