Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2675810)   #26
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is a meeting at Dubia this weekend so i am sure if we are still all here we will volunteer
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2675854)   #27
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
there is a meeting at Dubia this weekend so i am sure if we are still all here we will volunteer
If not that one then the F1 is in November...
Old 19 Apr 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2676031)   #28
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we may be home sometime soon, but again a big thanks to the BARC and ADMM guys out here, they are doing all they can

Oh and to save on postage heres the postcard from the tenthers i could find by the pool this morning!!!! (i dont know what the max img size is on here so if its too big delete it mods!!!)

Old 19 Apr 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2676032)   #29
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some marshals are handling it better than others
Attached Thumbnails
AD 076.jpg  
Old 19 Apr 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2676171)   #30
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
real ray of sunshine aint you Nick? lol

we are still being looked after by ADMM and BARC, it is tough out here but I am sure we will endure it
Don't worry guys, the Royal Navy are coming to save you. They'll be there in about 3 weeks
Old 19 Apr 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2676245)   #31
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steve swallow
Dont now how long we will have to wait till we get home but the hotel is great. ADMM and BARC are realy looking after us no problems at all.

Last edited by ss24355261; 20 Apr 2010 at 00:03.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 03:54 (Ref:2676303)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad to see you are all being taken care of so well, hope the jobs back home are as understanding. Report on Yahoo tonite says some flights are being allowed with some post-landing inspections, so things might get better to be able to get closer to home.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2676489)   #33
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
enforced holiday in paradise, damn life is hard! hope you are all surviving ok, what is heathrows' car park charge per day?
I did hear on the radio yesterday that the Airport Car park operators have said they'll waive excess charges for people caught up in this.......but whether that filters down to the jobsworth in the booth - or the software in the automatic ticket machine if its like Manchester - I have my doubts.....
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2676541)   #34
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Ebbsfleet's (eurostar terminal) NCP automatic number plate system tried to do me for an extra charge because the train was a bit late on Sunday, which was hardly surprising. The human at the end of the buzzer opened the barrier. (he was'nt going to get any other options :grrr: )

Hope you all get home this week - but I would'nt bet on it.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 20 Apr 2010 at 13:00.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2676717)   #35
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Hopes that UK flights would soon return to normal have been undermined by a second volcanic ash cloud in Iceland.

Chances to operate planes at many UK airports have been short-lived, and only a few flights have taken place.

Airspace in most of the UK remains closed until at least 0100 BST on Wednesday, but curbs have been eased in some northern parts of the UK.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8632930.stm
Old 20 Apr 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2676741)   #36
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
News telling me British airspace is closed. Just seen 2, big, long haul jets flying high over London. Confused.com
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2676778)   #37
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
News telling me British airspace is closed. Just seen 2, big, long haul jets flying high over London. Confused.com
as long as you're above 20000ft its OK to be in a plane over the UK
So, chance for some high level freefall if you want to get into London.

<simples>

now waiting to see what wee willie walsh is up to
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2676780)   #38
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently airspace is open for overflights above 25000 feet. NATS will make another announcement at 9pm.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2676786)   #39
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Take a look at:

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/#

Lots of flights over mainland Europe. There are also a few inbound UK flights from North America currently (7:25 PM, 20/4) wandering about apparently aimlessly. They must have set off in the expectation that UK airports would be open by the time they arrived.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2676789)   #40
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Dave, those are the BA flights that set out to "test" the rules. I guess WW wants somebody to rescind the nofly. I thought they might end up in Edinburgh or Newcastle, but it seems likely they will be going to the continent.

All this does'nt really help the gang in AD get home, just opens the possibility of getting closer. As Dean said earlier, might be a bumper turn out at Dubai later in the week.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2676800)   #41
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
European airline pilots warn governments about engine failures caused by ash amid pressure to get flights moving again
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2676805)   #42
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Dave, those are the BA flights that set out to "test" the rules. I guess WW wants somebody to rescind the nofly. I thought they might end up in Edinburgh or Newcastle, but it seems likely they will be going to the continent.
One landed at Shannon, two more heading there, one heading SE - Brussels or CDG possibly. Do you know if they are carrying passengers?

. . . and I could have been in Abu Dhabi!
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2676917)   #43
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Restrictions into UK have been lifted. First flight into Heathrow has already landed! Wonder how long they've been up there for.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2676938)   #44
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but only for a short time, impending doom is just around the corner with more ash apparently on way. that pool looks hard work...!
Old 21 Apr 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2677154)   #45
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At present there are approx 30 - 35 at AD airport waiting to board to go to Heathrow..
Massive thanks to Ian,Dennis and all others involved in keeping us informed and looking after us all
Old 21 Apr 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2677170)   #46
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a text from one of your fellow exiles to say he was sitting looking at the plane that's bringing you home!

Safe travels everyone.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2677251)   #47
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
At present there are approx 30 - 35 at AD airport waiting to board to go to Heathrow
And 10 of them are now back at the hotel! Everyone left on the "BARC Marshals Volcano Exiles Tour" are hoping to fly back tomorrow.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 21 Apr 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2677265)   #48
scottishsoilder
Rookie

Scotland
North Yorkshire
scottishsoilder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those of us that flew Emerates are due to leave tommorow at 0755 local and arriving Manchester 1225. Reality bites back at last, time for last minute panic tanning I guess.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2677615)   #49
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to leave a message when I was waiting at Abu Dhabi airport but it would not let me log in.

Well I am home again now, got into Heathrow about 6.00ish. Great racing and even got a few on Post 4, 2 UAE Touring Carsand had to go out and get some bits when Safety car was out for the GT1's

Just hope they can get all the cars, drivers & personel to Silverstone in time now for the next round. 4/5/6 June. See ya there, those who are going.

Many thanks to ALL involved in organising this trip and to all the guys & girls I met out there. Great team.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2677727)   #50
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Etihad airlines are now starting to clear the backlog,some flights back to the UK are in a queue,and we could be at the bottom of it!,but we are still enjoying the poolside sunshine!

Also thanks for the hospitality of the Hotel and Dennis,Ian etc, who are keeping us updated.

Hope to make Combe on the 3rd of May?, if not another day by the pool!