Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2889905)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I would like to come along if there's a space left? Any or either is fine by me.
Hell, even as Accredited Media, I haven't got in THERE!
Fantastic opportunity, and a HUGE thank you for what you do. And of course, to the good Doctor Ulrich.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2889911)   #27
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like everyone else on here am staggered by you managing to get a result on this James, and without the level of effort you've put in over the past few years doubt that Audi would have given the group the time of day.

I'd like to chuck my hat into the ring for consideration on this - with a mild preference for the earlier time.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2889921)   #28
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a real OMG moment - Well done that man.

Present them with Ten-Tenths car stickers as a reward for being fine hosts (You may be able to suggest a place to stick them)
Old 2 Jun 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2889938)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good work fella.

On the off-chance only 19 other people have applied. Yes, please, for me, either group.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2889968)   #30
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ZOMG!!! I'm gutted I won't be able to take part in this tour (not that I would have been guaranteed a spot, but still...)

Absolutely incredible you've been able to put this together, have it die, and get it brought back from the dead. And with Audi no less. Job well done, mate. This just shows me I'm chatting with the right group of fans.

I can't wait to hear about this first hand on Saturday.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2890075)   #31
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
blimey indeed ..
I'll put my name in the hat .. either time is ok for me
hope they won't mind if i'll wear a pug t-shirt

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jun 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2890123)   #32
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
wow!!! You already proved you could do great things, but this one is just unbelievable!

I can't believe you got me automatic entry, I'm not sure I deserve it, and I just can't thank you enough

I don't know yet what I'll do during the day, but you can count me in the first group
Old 2 Jun 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2890126)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
wow!!! You already proved you could do great things, but this one is just unbelievable!

I can't believe you got me automatic entry, I'm not sure I deserve it, and I just can't thank you enough

I don't know yet what I'll do during the day, but you can count me in the first group
You're very welcome Bernard!

It's important that your incredible generosity in hosting our Saturday morning meetings is recognised, along with your photographic contributions which we all enjoy so much. This is just a very small thank you for everything you do for us.

Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2890191)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as i am on the list it looks like i will have to give st saturnin a miss this year but this visit is a can't miss one for sure.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2890197)   #35
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Initial groups listing........

The majority of places are easily allocated, but the last few will need rather more consideration. As stated in my original post, your activity/contributions on 10Tenths are considered the most important criteria. In the case of Elaviel, she was kind enough to give up her place last year (having attended the visits the previous 2 years) in order to give somebody else the opportunity. As a thank you, I promised she would get a place in 2011, which I have done.

GROUP 1 - 12:15
Aysedasi
bernard b
batmobile
Mal
isynge
Dani Filth
Simmi
Kpy
TBA
TBA

GROUP 2 - 13:15
PascaLM
lemansfan
GT6
Elaviel
Nobster
Down FOrce
Tim the Grey
Truckosaurus
Gilles lives!
TBA

I am very sorry to say that I am unable to allocate further places at this time. My apologies to those who are (so far) disappointed.

Those who have requested a place (or asked to be considered for a place) and have not been allocated to one of the groups are 'under consideration', along with those members who have PM'd me their requests. I am also aware of several other members who have not yet come forward, but would automatically qualify for a place as long standing contributors on 10Tenths.

Last edited by Bentley03; 2 Jun 2011 at 21:22.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2890220)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi, Tim and Truckers.......

I'll PM my mobile number to you before I leave on Monday. We've never met, so in case you have problems finding us on the day, you can text or call me.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2890226)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
James met Tim at spa and we are on same visit so he should regognise me, is that ok for you Tim
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2890233)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thanks for saving Helen a place, looks like she is the lone female.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 05:06 (Ref:2890345)   #39
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Cool - thanks for the space James.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 07:27 (Ref:2890367)   #40
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks indeed, realy looking forward at discovering the secrets of Audi's succes.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2890386)   #41
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Simmi, Tim and Truckers.......

I'll PM my mobile number to you before I leave on Monday. We've never met, so in case you have problems finding us on the day, you can text or call me.
Much Obliged.

I'll PM my number now.

thanks.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2890388)   #42
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thrilled to get a chance to get into Audi's pits! Thanks very much, counting down the seconds now!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2890389)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Much Obliged.

I'll PM my number now.

thanks.
And I shall reciprocate Sir!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2890394)   #44
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'll even try to sabotage the cars

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2890411)   #45
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if it's still possible but I would love to be able to attend the visit.

I know I'm not the most active member of the forum but I can always try... :P
Old 3 Jun 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2890433)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Initial groups listing........

The majority of places are easily allocated, but the last few will need rather more consideration. As stated in my original post, your activity/contributions on 10Tenths are considered the most important criteria. In the case of Elaviel, she was kind enough to give up her place last year (having attended the visits the previous 2 years) in order to give somebody else the opportunity. As a thank you, I promised she would get a place in 2011, which I have done.

Aysedasi
bernard b
batmobile
Mal
isynge
Dani Filth
Simmi
Kpy
TBA
TBA

PascaLM
lemansfan
GT6
Elaviel
Nobster
Down FOrce
Tim the Grey
Truckosaurus
Gilles lives!
TBA

I am very sorry to say that I am unable to allocate further places at this time. My apologies to those who are (so far) disappointed.

Those who have requested a place (or asked to be considered for a place) and have not been allocated to one of the groups are 'under consideration', along with those members who have PM'd me their requests. I am also aware of several other members who have not yet come forward, but would automatically qualify for a place as long standing contributors on 10Tenths.
Ok, I've slept on this and deliberated further this morning before making my final decision..........

Coach Ep - You're in, and will take the final place in the second group. You will be the second Dutchman in that group alongside Nobster. Welcome aboard!

My decision on who will take the final two places in the first group has been a difficult one. But, I was unable to build a strong case for any of the remaining members who requested a place (in terms of length of membership, post count and overall contribution to 10Tenths). I have therefore decided to go with my heart on this occasion.

The final 2 places in the first group will go to tonypowe and TPowers_astonmartian who are the 3rd and 4th members of our little group this year (to be known forthwith as teamDOT ).

My apologies to those I have had to disappoint. Keep posting and contributing on 10Tenths and I am sure you will all merit places on future visits.

The final group listings are as follows:

Aysedasi
bernard b
batmobile
Mal
isynge
Dani Filth
Simmi
Kpy
tonypowe
TPowers_astonmartian

PascaLM
lemansfan
GT6
Elaviel
Nobster
Down FOrce
Tim the Grey
Truckosaurus
Gilles lives!
Coach Ep

Coach Ep - I'll PM my mobile number to you in due course. You can call or text me if you have problems finding us next Friday. We shall look forward to meeting you!

Please keep checking back - I will post a full update regarding our arrangements for next Friday before Ayse and I leave for Le Mans on Monday.

Last edited by Bentley03; 3 Jun 2011 at 22:59.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2890459)   #47
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was worth a shot. Have fun to everyone that's going and say hi to dr. Ulrich for me...
Old 3 Jun 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2890472)   #48
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
YAY! Thank You!

I really AM looking forward to this now...

Old 3 Jun 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2890597)   #49
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WOW nicely done guys, you see good things happen to good people.
ENJOY!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2890632)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
..... (to be known forthwith as teamDOT ).
Darn, I completely forgot about that! How could I???

We could do with t-shirts!