Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Apr 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3062376)   #26
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKers View Post
GT Open should be on Speed2 this year, on deferred, but they will for sure continue with the live streaming as last season
Strike Two!!!! Despite my repeated requests (like that's going to work) Comcast hasn't signed up with Speed2...so I'm still SOL. At least I can get ALMS on ESPN3.com.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3062435)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yup, same boat for me! No Speed2 on comcast.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3063729)   #28
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It good to see Villios back with the Vantage GT2.
are there comeriacal breaks on Speed2 or ESPN3?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3064165)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukispeed View Post
are there comeriacal breaks on Speed2 or ESPN3?
Don't know about Speed2 but if the ESPN3 ALMS broadcasts are anything to go by... LOADS OF THEM
Old 23 Apr 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3064266)   #30
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hmm interesting the BoP is more consistant then ACO/FIA /

Ferrari and porsche on the same weight, and have 0.3mm restrictor diferance as in the tables... Although these 31mm restrictors will make these cars at 500+hp...and probably faster then GTE....another thing I noticed, is that ferrari is running 2 restrictors, so its probably last years car, with some (but not engine) updates.

P.S. Motors is not available in serbia for 2years now...out main cable operator droped it...
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3064294)   #31
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed, the adjustment table doesn't look too bad (as long as you ignore that other category). I'm slowly starting to think that this series might be worth following after all, I mean in previous years I've watched an odd race from time to time and *somewhat* enjoyed it but the series is now looking juicier than before... it's a bit like the successor of FIA GT2
Old 23 Apr 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3064395)   #32
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maserati NEW GT3 with Gabriele Gardel and Pierguidi (starting from Nurburgring or Spa)

Aston Martin supporting Villois : Vantege SuperGT for Malucelli and Barba

Drivex with 2 porsche Super GT 2012spec and 2011 Spec for Geri and Giacomo Piccini

Aabar abu dhabi Villorba Corse in SuperGT with Lopez- Montermini
http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/173...villorba-corse

Seems that for the first race there will be 28 cars engaged only for the Int. GT open plus some other 10-12 who compete in the Spanish chmapionship, some others 5-6 cars should start from next event in nurburging

Last edited by GTKers; 23 Apr 2012 at 17:24.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3064408)   #33
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
something about the Maserati GT3 mission.
http://www.auto.it/autosprint/pista_...rati+GT3?print
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3064434)   #34
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be going down to Portimão this weekend and have compiled an entry list. Will share it a bit later.

Going to be interesting.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3064448)   #35
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Media coverage was mentioned:
Live streaming will be available here: http://www.live.gtopen.net/

Entries (based on news and some guess work):

GT2 (Super GT):

- AF Corse Ferrari 458 - Federico Leo, Toni Vilander
- AT Racing Ferrari 458 - Talkanitsa father & son (with AF Corse support)
- Kessel Racing Ferrari 458 - Philipp Peter, Michael Broniszewski
- Kessel Racing Ferrari 458 - Miguel Ramos, Raffaele Giammaria
- Manthey Porsche 911 - Marco Holzer, Nick Tandy
- IMSA Porsche 911 - Raymond Narac, Patrick Pilet
- Autorlando Porsche 911 - Archie Hamilton, Marco Mapeilli
- Drivex Porsche 911 2012 - Miguel Angel Castro, Miguel Amaral (Spanish GT)
- Drivex Porsche 911 2011 - Ferdinando Geri, Giacomo Piccini
- Giudici Lotus Evora - Johnny Mowlem, Marcello Puglisi
- 2nd Lotus possible
- Villois Aston Martin Vantage 2010 - Alvaro Barba, Matteo Mallucelli
- Scuderia Villorba Corse Ferrari 458 - Andrea Montermini, Juan Manuel Lopez
- Expirit Ferrari 430 - Hugo Godinho, João Ramos (Spanish GT)
- RSV Ferrari - TBC (Spanish GT)
- Blue Jumeirah Team Mosler - TBC (Spanish GT)

GT3 (GTS):
- AF Corse Ferrari 458 - Stefano Bizzarri, Andrea Rizzoli
- AF Corse Ferrari 458 - Michele Rugolo, Claudio Sidanewitsch
- AF Corse Ferrari 458 - Martin Lanting, TBA
- Rodrive Ford GT - Rui Lapa, Matheus Stumpf
- VEKA Ferrari 458 - Peter Versluis, Yelmer Buurman
- Downforce1 Ferrari 458 - Markus Fux, TBA
- Novadriver Audi R8 LMS Ultra - César Campaniço, Mikko Eskellinen (Spanish GT)
- possible 2nd Novadriver Audi R8 2011-spec (Spanish GT?)
- possible Sports & You Team Vodafone/BP Mercedes SLS AMG (one-off Portuguese team)
- Team Icer Brakes Dodge Viper - Alvaro Fontes, Jesus Diez Villaroel (Spanish GT)
- ASM Team McLaren MP4-12C - António Coimbra (Vodafone PT CEO), TBA (one off?)
- Goodsense Racing Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ - Patrick Cunha, José Ramos
- Goodsense Racing Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ - Jorge Queiroz, Pedro Lopes

GT4 (GTL):
Spanish GT

- Porteiro Motorsport BMW M3 - Salvador Tineo, TBA
- Porteiro Motorsport BMW M3 - TBA
- PCR Ginetta G50 - TBC
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3064464)   #36
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the GT World Championship?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3064471)   #37
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
Veka is with a 458 GT2 Peter Versluis, Yelmer Buurman

Fontes will be on the 430GT2 instead of the viper

and on GTS/gt3
458 GT3 kessel racing for:

Zampieri - Dalle stelle
Chequelero - Mantovani
Earl - Kremer
??? - ???

Porsche gt3 Debeuf, the maserati and 2 Mclaren should start from 2nd round in Nurburgring

Beside that the mosler I think that is a GTS not a SuperGT !
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3064480)   #38
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Veka is with a 458 GT2 Peter Versluis, Yelmer Buurman

Fontes will be on the 430GT2 instead of the viper

and on GTS/gt3
458 GT3 kessel racing for:

Zampieri - Dalle stelle
Chequelero - Mantovani
Earl - Kremer
??? - ???

Porsche gt3 Debeuf, the maserati and 2 Mclaren should start from 2nd round in Nurburgring

Beside that the mosler I think that is a GTS not a SuperGT !

ger80, definitely is up there was one of the GT champs for 2012.

GTKers, you are correct about the VEKA Ferrari being GT2 and Mosler being GT3.

For the Alvaro Fontes info, this was reported on the Spanish GT page: http://www.gtsport.es/index.asp?pagi...ina=5379&c=559
The Viper programme came up late last week.

The ASM McLaren will 'stand' in for the German Lapidus Racing McLaren MP4-12 which will join in Nurburgring as mentioned.

Didn't know about the 4 Kessel GT3s. Good numbers.

Lastly, the Villois Aston will be replced by a 2012-version for the next race.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3064490)   #39
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
AndrewF31 I confirm fontes and Villaroel as Alvaro posted on his facebook today the foto of the f430 saying he was going to race with that!

"ULTIMA HORA!!!...hemos cambiado de coche para el Campeonato de España de GT...Ferrari 430 GT2!!!!"

For kessel I'm sure he has 4 GT3 on the series or even more,
he said that he could probably be in portimao with 6 or 7 cars!
So 2 SuperGT and 4/5 GTS...
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3064495)   #40
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
AndrewF31 I confirm fontes and Villaroel as Alvaro posted on his facebook today the foto of the f430 saying he was going to race with that!

"ULTIMA HORA!!!...hemos cambiado de coche para el Campeonato de España de GT...Ferrari 430 GT2!!!!"

For kessel I'm sure he has 4 GT3 on the series or even more,
he said that he could probably be in portimao with 6 or 7 cars!
So 2 SuperGT and 4/5 GTS...
Oh, that's a shame..... was hoping to see a Viper!
Yet another Ferrari LOL

I did read somewhere Kessel would have many. In fact, Miguel Ramos' brother was supposed to race in 1 for Spanish GT championship but that fell through and this weekend he joined the old Aurora squad, now called Expirit Racing.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3064539)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Wow!

http://www.gtopen.net/article.php?cont=333
Old 23 Apr 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3064558)   #42
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
This is an entry list!!!!

2 I aabar abu dhabi Villorba Corse IT Juan Manuel López AR Andrea Montermini IT Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

4 I AF Corse IT Toni Vilander FI Federico Leo IT Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

5 I AT Racing Team AT Alexander Talkanitsa, jr BY Alexander Talkanitsa, sr BY Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

6 I E Drivex School ES Miguel Ángel de Castro ES Miguel Amaral PT Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 2012 Super GT

7 I E Drivex School ES Giacomo Piccini IT Ferdinando Geri IT Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Super GT

8 I Manthey Racing DE Nick Tandy GB Marco Holzer DE Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 2012 Super GT

9 I Lotus Racing Johnny Mowlem GB Marcello Puglisi IT Lotus Evora GTE Super GT

10 I E Black Team IT Raffaele Giammaria IT Miguel Ramos PT Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

11 I Kessel Racing CH Philipp Peter AT Michael Broniszewski PL Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

12 I Villois Racing IT Matteo Malucelli IT Álvaro Barba ES Aston Martin Vantage Super GT

14 I Eurol Veka Racing Team NL Yelmer Buurman NL Peter Versluis NL Ferrari 458 GT Italia Super GT

15 I Eurol Veka Racing Team NL Nicky Pastorelli NL Jan Versluis NL Ferrari 430 GT2 Super GT

16 I Imsa Performance Matmut FR Patrick Pilet FR Raymond Narac FR Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 2012 Super GT

31 E Ray Racing Team PT Joao Ramos PT Hugo Godinho PT Ferrari 430 GT2 Super GT

32 E Jesús D*ez Villarroel ES Álvaro Fontes ES Jesús D*ez Villarroel ES Ferrari 430 GT2 Super GT

33 E PCR Sport ES Marc Carol ES Josep Mayola ES Ferrari 430 GT2 Super GT

44 I Kessel Racing CH Daniel Zampieri IT Michael Dalle Stelle IT Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

51 I Kessel Racing CH Alan Calari CH Iradj Alexander CH Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

52 I Kessel Racing CH Steven Earle US Freddy Kremer DE Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

53 I Kessel Racing CH Andrea Cecchellero IT Massimo Mantovani IT Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

54 I Autorlando Sport IT Archie Hamilton GB Marco Mapelli IT Porsche 997 GT3 R GTS

56 I AF Corse IT Andrea Rizzoli IT Stefano Bizzarri ITFerrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

57 I AF Corse IT Michele Rugolo IT Claudio Sdanewitsch DEFerrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

58 I AF Corse IT Henrik Haane NL Martin Lanting NL Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

60 I Ombra Racing IT Lorenzo Bontempelli IT Mario Cordoni IT Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GTS

61 I E ACL by Rodrive PT Matheus Stumpf BR Rui Lapa PT Ford GT SGT / GTS

62 I Goodsense Racing Team PT Peter Kox DE Nico Pronk DE Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ GTS

18 I E Blue Jumeirah Team UE Rafael Unzurrunzaga ES Mosler MT900 GT3 GTS

80 E Team Novadriver Manuel Gião PT PT Tba Audi R8 LMS Ultra SGT / GTS

81 E Team Novadriver PT César Campaniço PT Mikko Eskelinen FI Audi R8 LMS Ultra SGT / GTS

82 E Goodsense Racing Team PT José C. Teixeira Ramos Patrick Pereira da Cunha PT PT Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ SGT / GTS

83 E Goodsense Racing Team PT "Pepe" PT Jorge A. Silva de Queiroz PT Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ SGT / GTS

85 I E António Nogueira PT António Nogueira PT Porsche 997 GT3 R SGT / GTS

87 E ASM Team PT António Coimbra PT Luis Silva PT McLaren MP 4-12C GT3 SGT / GTS

89 E Algarve ES Paulo Pinheiro PT Tba Viper GT3 GTS

91 E Algarve PRO Racing PT Tba Tba Megane Trophy GTS

92 E Luis Villalba ES Francesc Gutiérrez ES Luis Villalba ESGinetta G50 GT4 GT Light

88 E Santiago Porteiro ES Santiago Porteiro ES Salvador Tineo ES BMW M3 GT Light

93 E Félix Porteiro ES Félix Porteiro ES Borja Signes ES BMW M3 GT Light

94 E Goodsense Racing Team PT Joffrey Didier PT Angela M. Negrão da Cunha PT Lotus Evora GT4 GT Light

And other 6 cars are expected starting from nurburgring!!!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3064584)   #43
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Don't forget, though, that 14 of those cars are from the Spanish championship, so the actual GT-Open field is 'only' 26 cars... might be 32 for the Ring round, but I have my doubts about that as GT-Open usually has quite a fluctuation of entries between Northern and Southern Europe, so I think not all the teams currently on the list will make the trek up north.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3064585)   #44
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
At least 10 won't, the Portuguese teams.

And you can see which ones are GT Open entries in the PDF by the I next to them. Roughly 25 of them I think.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3064593)   #45
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villois Will race a V8 GT2 Vantage for round one and will get a GT3 V12 for the second round on. V12 Vantage will run at a lower weight than the standard GT3 spec Vantage with different engine restrictors and other alterations to bring it in line with the other GTS class cars
Old 24 Apr 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3064601)   #46
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
That article is a little weird.

Your quote suggests that it's going to race in the GTS-class, but it wouldn't need any upgrades for that as that's the GT3-class, anyway.

The first line of the article refers to the new car as a V12 Vantage SuperGT, though, which suggests that it'll indeed run in the Super GT category with the GTE-cars.

Quote:
GT Open regulars, Villois Racing will return to the series this year with their Vantage GT2 before switching to the new V12 Vantage GT3 based Vantage Super GT from the second round of the championship.
Which raises the question: If they allow this for the Ason GT3, shouldn't they just switch to all class and allow all GT3s to go for the overall with the GTEs? What's the point in racing a GT3 for class wins when you could just as well go for the overall?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3064642)   #47
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know if there will be live timing for this?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3064656)   #48
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Does anyone know if there will be live timing for this?
Yes last year during the events a red button for live timings appeared on their website...
I don't have the link but for sure you will see it during the weekend!

Regarding Aston SuperGT v12 I eard that will be a gt2 car fitted with Gt3 based v12 engine as aston V8 is not able to be competitive/powerful for Int.GTopen!!!

In any case the car should fit GTE rules regarding flat flors wings etc, so you can't race in superGT with a gt3...

In portimao last year there was 1-2 second difference between SuperGT and Gt3
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:35 (Ref:3064658)   #49
Speed-King
Veteran

Not sure about that... didn't GT-Open also allow the decidedly un-GT2-ish Sunred in SuperGT?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3064664)   #50
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure about that... didn't GT-Open also allow the decidedly un-GT2-ish Sunred in SuperGT?
Yes but was officially homologated in fact under GT2 category outfits under the Spanish Federation!

GT Open is a FIA autorized series and Mr. Pareja is part/member of the FIA GT commission so there will no doubt that the car will be homologated to run in SuperGT so it can't be a gt3...

And mostly important... the aston Vantage GT3 is based on the Vantage GTE/GT2 Chassis... !