Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 6 Aug 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3116505)   #26
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two races in, and sorry guys, but I still don't see just how the Push 2 Pass gimmick has improved racing. I think the racing was better w/o it.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3116527)   #27
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I enjoyed the race. It's a pity RHR wasn't stronger.
Yeah, if it wasn't for the engine failure, he could see him at the Top 10.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3116661)   #28
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Power really needed to win this and now has only a 5 point lead.
Didnt he have a deficit of 20 - 30 points going into the race? A 5 point lead is a good turn around no?
Old 6 Aug 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3116677)   #29
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's been a serious vandalism case at Mid-Ohio.

Old 7 Aug 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3116927)   #30
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Didnt he have a deficit of 20 - 30 points going into the race? A 5 point lead is a good turn around no?
Power is good at the next 2 tracks. He's won both I think? In fact Baltimore he dominated last year, leading almost every lap. Then there's the oval, but neither Ryan or Will are that great on ovals.

So unless s--t hits the fan, like it has the last 2 years, Power has this in the bag. I think Power deserves this more the Ryan anyway. IMO Ryan and even Helio are only up there because Power, Dixon and even Franchitti have had so much go wrong this year. Dixon is doing pretty well to be only 29 points out, actually.

You've got to go back to Wilson, 12th in points, to find someone with more retirements than Dixon. The races he's finished without issues, he's had 2 wins, 3 2nds, a 4th and a 10th - which couldn't be helped after a grid penalty on an unpassable track.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3117062)   #31
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Power is good at the next 2 tracks. He's won both I think? In fact Baltimore he dominated last year, leading almost every lap. Then there's the oval, but neither Ryan or Will are that great on ovals.

So unless s--t hits the fan, like it has the last 2 years, Power has this in the bag. I think Power deserves this more the Ryan anyway. IMO Ryan and even Helio are only up there because Power, Dixon and even Franchitti have had so much go wrong this year. Dixon is doing pretty well to be only 29 points out, actually.

You've got to go back to Wilson, 12th in points, to find someone with more retirements than Dixon. The races he's finished without issues, he's had 2 wins, 3 2nds, a 4th and a 10th - which couldn't be helped after a grid penalty on an unpassable track.
Yeah, Ryan's not there because he won three straight or anything like that. It's because he lucked into it.

Please.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3117165)   #32
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
And two of Ryan's wins are on ovals, so I wouldn't be quite so quick to count him out at Fontana.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3117172)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd bet on RHR if I was pushed to make a prediction although it is very tough to say. Andretti Autosport could easily go off the boil. That said, Power isn't that powerful on ovals and could wind up having bad luck on the 'courses.

I'd like to see Power win it this year. I like RHR more but, my, that Power has been through alot so it'd be nice to see him tie the championship up at last.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3118162)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to see Power win it but with only a 5 point cushion it's still too close to call and with Dixon's win it's added him to the mix.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3118847)   #35
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'd bet on RHR if I was pushed to make a prediction although it is very tough to say. Andretti Autosport could easily go off the boil. That said, Power isn't that powerful on ovals and could wind up having bad luck on the 'courses.

I'd like to see Power win it this year. I like RHR more but, my, that Power has been through alot so it'd be nice to see him tie the championship up at last.
I think Will expected to be up front on the ovals this year as much as he is on street and road courses because the races have been put back in the hands of the drivers. I think that he hasn't run away with the oval races as he anticipated and the panic that set in from that (and the bad luck at Indy) has caused some bone-headed performances.

Between RHR and Power, neither has the championship pedigree, but it seems Andretti Autosport are "consistent" at best, where Penske have jumped back into their dominating form or taken a step forward. I give Power the edge for the title. But Andretti Autosport's solid consistency this season could be just what RHR needs.

That said it isn't unreasonable to think that Dixon could be within a shout. Plus, he and Helio have actually driven a big car on the Fontana oval, where I believe (unless RHR tested a Champ Car there) Power and Hunter-Reay will be experiencing a 2-miler for the first time in their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'd like to see Power win it but with only a 5 point cushion it's still too close to call and with Dixon's win it's added him to the mix.
I've been pulling for Power since the beginning of the year, I want him to succeed to help quiet the critics that believe good drivers don't translate onto different circuits (which goes against the theory of AOWR). However, the Patriot in me wants to see an American win the title... I'll be happy if one of those two guys can close this thing out.

Chris