Hamilton 0 0%
Grosjean (it's a democracy) 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3129197)   #26
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Good stuff Qnick, thanks!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3129214)   #27
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hulk.

But stunning drives from Button and Vettel too.

And thankfully sense has prevailed and Webber has no votes!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3129226)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
The Hulk.

But stunning drives from Button and Vettel too.

I don't know about sense prevailing, Grosjean got a vote.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3129248)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post

Only because most of his fans have gone back to bed. It's already Monday in Australia.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3129260)   #30
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi - for keeping going after having a large pile of F1 cars flung at him and finishing the race.

Honourable mention - Vettel
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3129281)   #31
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button for being German! Also, because he apparently can't ever get pole and race for a win from there. But seriously, kudos to the Frome Flyer. Good performance.

Specials mentions to Kimi and Fingerman. Surely there is a win coming for Kimi soon. Fingerman must think that a third WDC is the wings - maybe.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3129318)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
only one man it it really button surprised everyone
Old 2 Sep 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3129324)   #33
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
It happend the precise moment when Schumi has lost his 6th gear going into Eau Rouge there (and drove without it for the rest of the race) It was also pretty obvious from onboard cams. It looked good, but it really wasnt that amazing. Vettel overtaking Webber TWICE took a bit more skills and balls than that. Also Kimi was hardly the man of the race, losing places to a whole army of Germans (Hulk, Schumi and Vettel)

It has to be Vettel, immaculate race from P10 and quite amazing tire management. (it's a whole different story make a 1 stop work from pole with absolutely nothing happening around you, or making it work from P10, hence it's Vettel over JB for me)
What he said...
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3129374)   #34
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some excellent driving today and some fairly dismal stuff too.All the drivers on the podium did a fine job and TGF had his moments too.I couldn't vote for anybody but Button given the margin of his superiority today.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3129375)   #35
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Button or Vettle - one for entirely dominationg and one for a fantastic comeback after a poor qualy and start.

Went for Button.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3129376)   #36
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've decided on Button because everyone else is obviously retarded.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3129407)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The man who won it gets my vote, Kimi's overtake at eau rouge deserves a mention (can I do it in my Anglia in a couple of weeks)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Sep 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3129427)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'd love to give it to Kimi because someone from Renault being interviewed on Sky after the race said they'd messed up on the set-up and that the reason for the podium was the brilliance of Kimi's driving and nothing to do with the car.

They gave him a high drag set-up which meant he would be slow in sectors 1 and 3, which is why people (like Hulkenberg on lap one) were able to breeze past him on the Kemmel straight. In theory you make up the time by being quick in sector 2, but it's much harder to overtake there. Kimi's pass on Schumi into the final chicane was great, but immediately negated by Schumi being to DRS cruise past him again when they reached the straight.

Despite all that, I've voted for Jenson because he was supreme throughout.

Vettel also deserves a mention. He drove like a champion.

People are saying that Hulkenberg will have done his chances oof getting the Ferrari drive next year no harm at all, but when you look at the results Massa was only a couple of seconds behind him and I wouldn't like to say which was the better car today.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3129460)   #39
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Jenson for a faultless drive.......honourable mention to Kimi for that pass at Eau Rouge!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3129488)   #40
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely Vettel for me. Coming from 12th, passing half the field. He seemed a lot faster than Button in clean air as well, so I think had he started up front, he would have won. Unless Button had a tonne of pace still in hand that he didn't show.

Hulkenberg did well, that Force India looked pretty strong!

Schumacher also did really well, considering how the Mercedes uses it's tyres. Not sure what they were thinking going for 1 stop - I think he would have had the pace to finish 3rd/4th if he did 2 stops like the others. Kimi would never have re-passed him on the same condition tyres. More technical issues on the car though.

Good to see Verge fighting and beating his teammate. Maldonado and Rosberg performed poorly.

I don't think Grosjean should have received a race ban for that incident, it was only a slight move. Perhaps the stewards are sick of his aggression at the starts and him causing incidents. The resulting crash was big, but the incident itself wasn't so bad. In that case Maldonado should have received more than a race ban for intentionally hitting another driver at Monaco.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3129523)   #41
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Vettel was best on the day, closely followed by JB and Kimi.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 02:50 (Ref:3129549)   #42
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I should've given a vote to Grosjean, but I took this seriously.

you, Grosjean.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3129562)   #43
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fastest lap of the race to: Bruno Senna!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3129739)   #44
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fastest lap these days is like the green jersey in the tour de france: Usually not the overall winner.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3129750)   #45
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel has one very fast car, but was no match for Button. My Vote: Button, is their any other choice?
Old 3 Sep 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3129761)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Vettel has one very fast car, but was no match for Button. My Vote: Button, is their any other choice?
That depends, Jenson said on his team radio transmission that he didn't see another car all day, doesn't sound like a taxing drive to me.

Makes me laugh though, when Seb did that race in race out last season, everyone found a reason to pick another guy, but when someone else does it......
Old 3 Sep 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3129768)   #47
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Button - getting the absolute maximum out of what was probably not the faastest car at Spa! Pole and commanding performance! Job done!

Nob of the weekend - Hamo on tweet!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3129775)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Fastest lap of the race to: Bruno Senna!
It's amazing what low fuel and a new set of tyres can achieve.

Senna drove better than his team mate, but that wasn't too difficult to do. Senna still needs to get his qualifying sorted out.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3129776)   #49
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel - Put so many good moves on after a bad qualy and bad start.

Driver of the WEEKEND though? Our Jense!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3129837)   #50
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
That depends, Jenson said on his team radio transmission that he didn't see another car all day, doesn't sound like a taxing drive to me.

Makes me laugh though, when Seb did that race in race out last season, everyone found a reason to pick another guy, but when someone else does it......
No double-standards around here! Nothing to see, please move along!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.