Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you going to give it?
10 13 14.44%
9 36 40.00%
8 24 26.67%
7 11 12.22%
6 4 4.44%
5 2 2.22%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Nov 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3162500)   #26
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Now that one I don't quite follow - you would have preferred a full dark race?
No, but it was o dark thirty here when it was televised live. At least I get to sleep in for the Austin race.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3162503)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, I get you.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3162519)   #28
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It kept me on the edge of my seat, so I gave it an 8. The same degree of edge-of-the-seat-ness would have got a 9 if it had been all created by racing without the intervention of crashes and safety cars.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3162524)   #29
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 Was gonna go 8 but jumped to 9 for the swear bombs dropped during the podium interviews DC did not look happy ! A great drive through the field by Seb , great on track battles and at last Lotus gets a win .
Old 4 Nov 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3162544)   #30
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abu Dhabi is adsolutely not my favourite track. But I have to admit the race was very entertaining.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3162566)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Ten-Tenths, Abu Dhabi definitely improved from last years...
Old 4 Nov 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3162615)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
9 Was gonna go 8 but jumped to 9 for the swear bombs dropped during the podium interviews DC did not look happy ! A great drive through the field by Seb , great on track battles and at last Lotus gets a win .
+1

Kept me on the edge of my seat.

I had not intended to watch the whole race, but got sucked in completely!

Great Race 9.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3162619)   #33
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting race, but at the same time I am upset by Lewis's retirement. Yes, his championship hopes were over, but I at least wanted him to finish up well.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3162626)   #34
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good, if a little contrived, entertainment. First GP I have watched for ages without the finger hovvering over the fastforward button. Well done Kimi too !
Old 4 Nov 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3162627)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Six from me.

Apart from some crashes not all that eventful. Crashes aren't that exciting to me really. But an OK event considering the track.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3162700)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it 10, the first time I have ever done so.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3162758)   #37
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
I gave it a 10 too, 10 more then the V8Supercar race too
Old 5 Nov 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3162788)   #38
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9 from me. Would have been a 10 if Hamilton hadn't retired, or if Vettel won. If both those happened it would have been a Spinal Tap 11.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3162815)   #39
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 points. The missing point? The nagging feeling it probably would have all been for second place if Hamilton's engine would have stayed alive.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3162845)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
9 points. The missing point? The nagging feeling it probably would have all been for second place if Hamilton's engine would have stayed alive.
It seems to me that McLaren have really pushed the boat out with regard to performance weighed against reliability. Reliability seems to be taking a back seat just of late.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3162894)   #41
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the most interesting race of the season and someone gives it a 5

Old 5 Nov 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3162908)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingaround View Post

There's no pleasing some people.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3162917)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There's no pleasing some people.
Well, you can ask Ayse for reasons, if you want to.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3163002)   #44
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome race. 8.5
Old 5 Nov 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3163008)   #45
Javi_racing
Rookie

Spain
Madrid
Javi_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acording to entertaining, spectacle and everything: 10. It could not be better, exciting until the finish!
Old 5 Nov 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3163065)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That was me.

My opinion.

I'm entitled to it.

As you can imagine, I disagree with those who gave it 9's and even 10's. At the top of the list of all the GPs I've seen recently? Nah. 6 or 7 for entertainment and crass driving at times, but not a vast amount of racing, TBH... It's up to each of us to rate the race - if 'interesting' was the criterion, it's a good job snooker never had such a poll - Steve Davis would have won hands down......

Frankly I'm as astonished as you are with my 5 that 12 of you thought this was basically as good as it gets. I'm clearly getting old.

I should add that I'm not seeking to debate or further explain my view.

And the Mr. Sulu reference - lost me there.....?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Nov 2012 at 22:14.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3163080)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entitled? ha! Perhaps best if you start asking what to vote before you do in the future. Then you won't get it wrong. This time was Vettel and 9.
I might start a poll in the future to find out what my opinion should be.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3163105)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Entitled? ha! Perhaps best if you start asking what to vote before you do in the future. Then you won't get it wrong. This time was Vettel and 9.
I might start a poll in the future to find out what my opinion should be.
Everyone should do it !
Old 6 Nov 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3163126)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That was me.

My opinion.

I'm entitled to it.
Don't have a problem with that, but it's a fact that every other person who has voted so far thought it was more exciting than you did.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3163137)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Maybe we should stop with the "DOTR" and "RTR" threads as it seems to enrage people more than bring healthy discussions...