Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3206823)   #26
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Ouch, he called them TMZ!

I saw the video too. He's definitely one of the best, if not the best, at giving an interview in the media center.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3206824)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

I like Kevin a little more today.
Me too

Respect for Danica's pole but I am tired of all media attention.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3206838)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!

I agree with fieldofdreams, she'll drop like a stone by the end of lap 1. It'll be very amusing.

I really think Danica is overrated; this was a stroke of good fortune. I started resenting her when the announcers said things like "it will take time for her to get adjusted to the new car." Really, after 3 years, she still wasn't adjusted.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3206853)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent, best thing ever.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3206875)   #30
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Holy sh*t- Danica on the pole.

Shame on any of you who cried "Fix!"
YAWN!!!!

When she wins a pole at Darlington or a road course (or anywhere without those stupid restrictor plates) then I will be impressed.

Congrats on Stewart-Haas racing and Hendrick Engines. That's what ultimately won the pole, not Danica.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 07:34 (Ref:3207053)   #31
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post

When she wins a pole at Darlington or a road course (or anywhere without those stupid restrictor plates) then I will be impressed.

Congrats on Stewart-Haas racing and Hendrick Engines. That's what ultimately won the pole, not Danica.
Agreed on all counts.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3207100)   #32
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Danica, she still had to drive the thing
Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3207260)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd have liked to see Johanna Long win that pole in a year or four down the line. That would've been an achievement. She's someone with genuine promise. Maybe she'll actually win the thing in a few years whilst Danica spends the next half a decade waddling around the mid-field pack on her good days. Still, Danica can prove her detractors wrong come the 500 and the season ahead and if she does prove herself fair juice to her.

Until then she's just the most grotesque and overrated publicity stunt in all of sport.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3207265)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...nds-on-danica/
Old 19 Feb 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3207311)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Opa Milla Style!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3207393)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That was funny, but not as funny as a real call between those guys would be!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3207400)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Cynical lot, leave the girl alone!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3207415)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Milka Duno was on the front row in the ARCA race.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3207453)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

DP: “I don’t have cable, who is Danica?”
“Does Bill France know about this? I don’t think women are allowed in the pits.”
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3207456)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Cynical lot, leave the girl alone!
I sort of agree... sort of. I just got tired of everyone always saying "give her time to adjust"... for three years straight! I guess she finally has adjusted, somewhat. You gotta give her credit for the pole. But hey, Trevor Bayne won the Daytona 500 and now he's driving a Nationwide car. C'mon, people!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3207470)   #41
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is really cool though. the amount of attention is a good change, this as an earned run, S-H is a good team, Stewart himself could have made a run but he wieghs as much as two danicas, so without being able to ballast the car he has to use all of his talent, while danica at Daytona should keep her foot in it, and the crew chief and spotters keep her out of trouble. good luck to her, she is maturing and perhaps she is coming into her groove, every one does .
at 30 she is plenty young.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3207534)   #42
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I sort of agree... sort of. I just got tired of everyone always saying "give her time to adjust"... for three years straight! I guess she finally has adjusted, somewhat. You gotta give her credit for the pole. But hey, Trevor Bayne won the Daytona 500 and now he's driving a Nationwide car. C'mon, people!
He qualified 32nd!

The race was let's say full of incidents

"On lap 30 a multiple accident occurred involving 17 drivers. On lap 197 the fifteenth caution was flagged causing a green-white-checker finish. David Ragan was leading at the time but was black flagged for moving into the lower lane before the finish line. Immediately after the restart, a sixteenth caution was given. Bayne took the lead on the lap 206 restart and maintained it to win his first NASCAR race and Wood Brothers' fifth Daytona 500." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Daytona_500

Leave Danica alone - she is there on merit!
Old 20 Feb 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3207854)   #43
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I make no apologies. I can't stand the Stenica thing, a pole, which is OK, but doesn't mean alot compared with other series but is being trumped up as a big achievement because it's Stenica, dippy presenters wittering on about Stenica and fawning over syrupy interviews in which she gives us a self pitying pop psychology sermon on how hard it's been for her and the new Mr. Toyboy Patrick whilst the violin plays in background. Then being tortured by those commercials.

I mean does actual racing even come into this syrupy soap-opera ANYWHERE.

You can tell who doesn't have NASCAR or who doesn't watch it by the position they take on Danica on this thread, that's for sure.