Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you think SVG be served court papers this weekend, preventing him from competeing?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3232243)   #26
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Fabian.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3232249)   #27
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Buckshot well said Fabian, I would also hate being fed a crock of **** too, and as for spoilt brat i dont think so, Fabian has done the hard yards in this catagory. He hasnt been spoon fed all the way like one SVG.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3232256)   #28
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All pretty high, mighty and moralistic for a guy who was noted as running a Formula Ford that wasn't exactly compliant with the regulations.....

I guess the difference is, whatever SVG did or didn't do has little effect on Fabian... to the point where Fabian himself is willing to admit he's happy to see SVG in the category..... I can't imagine the guys who spent their life savings to race against Fabian and his red hot motor would've been so happy about him playing with a loaded deck......

Last edited by Chappelli; 11 Apr 2013 at 01:32.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3232267)   #29
carbontub
Racer

Chappelli, I find your comments very amusing indeed. What has Fabians jet formula ford motor as you put got to do with this post. But while we are on the subject of being compliant how the hell did the guy win the championship that year. I believe the engine was stripped down after every meeting. Maybe you know more than I do about it. Wasn't their some compliance issues in the V8 Supercars just recently involving one SVG and others ? I don't think Fabians car was one of them or am I wrong ? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

As Fabian said on the news SVG should be in the category and I agree whole heartedly with him.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3232278)   #30
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This whole ridiculous name calling by Coulthard & Lowndes is more indicative of their own nervousness than anything to do with SVG, who thankfully appears to be just taking it all in his stride. A thoroughly professional mature response on the telly last night.
The others might instigate the mind games but SVG's already got them out-psyched.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3232280)   #31
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
This whole ridiculous name calling by Coulthard & Lowndes is more indicative of their own nervousness than anything to do with SVG, who thankfully appears to be just taking it all in his stride. A thoroughly professional mature response on the telly last night.
The others might instigate the mind games but SVG's already got them out-psyched.
Why would Coulthard be nervous ?
I would rather be in his shoes atm than most of his opponents.
SVG has nothing to say simply because........what can he say ???

Last edited by Reload; 11 Apr 2013 at 03:08.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3232289)   #32
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
Lowndes? Did he indulge in "name calling" re SVG not driving for SBR / Erebus?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3232290)   #33
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontub View Post
Chappelli, I find your comments very amusing indeed. What has Fabians jet formula ford motor as you put got to do with this post.
The point is pretty simple, if SVG is a liar, Fabian is a cheat... simple as that.

However... being realistic about things.... Fabian cheating in Formula Fords doesn’t cause me to lose sleep and is really none of my business .... I apologise, I understand completely why unconstructive passing of public comment or name calling on a situation that in no way affects me, causes me to lose sleep or is probably any of my business could be seen as a d**k move..... I didn’t need to respond negatively, nobody really benefits from my comments and I can only assume that my name calling was driven out of some sort of deep seated jealousy towards the guy who obviously gets far more attention than my fellow countrymen than I do.

Quote:
while we are on the subject of being compliant how the hell did the guy win the championship that year. I believe the engine was stripped down after every meeting. Maybe you know more than I do about it.
That you can identify a year suggests you're obviously well aware of answer to your own question...

Quote:
Wasn't their some compliance issues in the V8 Supercars just recently involving one SVG and others ? I don't think Fabians car was one of them or am I wrong ?
As I can only assume you're trying to draw a likeness between modern day V8Supercar reparation in to the preparation of NZ Formula Ford a decade ago the answer to your question:
Quote:
how the hell did the guy win the championship that year
The field was full of family run and funded teams and he was driving for a fully professional team, with an operational budget in the millions?

Quote:
As Fabian said on the news SVG should be in the category and I agree whole heartedly with him.
So why call the guy a liar in front of the press? What exactly does that achieve?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3232292)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
chappelli are you saying that because Fabian may or may not have have broken some engine rules many years ago that the giz is therefore justified in lying to his fans now?

or are you jsut throwing in a red herring to throw us off topic
Old 11 Apr 2013, 04:44 (Ref:3232294)   #35
carbontub
Racer

Chappelli,obviously you are some sort of small minded armchair racer who has completely no idea on what is going on. I was one of Fabians sponsors in those days and I can assure you that the Coulthards were too one of the family run teams like you quoted and didn't have a professional backed team spending millions like you have dreamed up. Fabians father ran that operation on a shoestring in fact you would be absolutely amazed how much it cost them to win that championship. Yes he did have a problem at one round and was excluded from the results. The Coulthards took it on the chin came back and still smashed the field. He got where he is today purely on talent something which you can't buy,not millions as quoted by you. Grow up mate !!!!!
Old 11 Apr 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3232300)   #36
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
chappelli are you saying that because Fabian may or may not have have broken some engine rules many years ago that the giz is therefore justified in lying to his fans now?

or are you jsut throwing in a red herring to throw us off topic
Nah, not justifying anything.... I just think Fabian calling SVG a liar at a press conference wasn’t particularly necessary (much like bringing up something that happened 10 years ago).

The alleged situation has nothing to do with the guy, so why say anything? What’s he trying to achieve?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3232302)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Nah, not justifying anything.... I just think Fabian calling SVG a liar at a press conference wasn’t particularly necessary (much like bringing up something that happened 10 years ago).

The alleged situation has nothing to do with the guy, so why say anything? What’s he trying to achieve?
He was probably asked? the interview suggested that.

and like you he has an opinion. which seems to be that he didnt appreciate being lied to by the Giz.

From a fan point of view (of those that feel put out). The giz just needed to make some sort of apologies and we could move on. But he hasnt. he just chooses to clam up like he did in the interview. He has let a simple problem fester
Old 11 Apr 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3232309)   #38
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Chappelli,obviously you are some sort of small minded armchair racer who has completely no idea on what is going on.
Cheers! I’m glad there’s a level of mutual understanding that although we may not see things from where each other sits, at least we’re willing to accept that and discuss things in a mature manner without resorting to calling each other names.....

Quote:
I was one of Fabians sponsors in those days and I can assure you that the Coulthards were too one of the family run teams like you quoted and didn't have a professional backed team spending millions like you have dreamed up.
Satire
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Satire?s=t

Quote:
Fabians father ran that operation on a shoestring in fact you would be absolutely amazed how much it cost them to win that championship. Yes he did have a problem at one round and was excluded from the results.
Quick question, given that you’re absolutely well aware that Fabian got caught with a illegal engine, DQ’d and the who, what, when and how.... what exactly was the purpose of asking how he won the Championship?

It’s almost as if you were trying to create an alibi for the guy... surely the logical answer to your question has to be: he couldn’t have won the championship if he was caught cheating.......

Quote:
The Coulthards took it on the chin came back and still smashed the field. He got where he is today purely on talent something which you can't buy,not millions as quoted by you. Grow up mate !!!!!
And you’re right... he SMASHED the field. I remember when he got caught there were questions over whether he would be as dominant, but he came back and steam rolled the field (probably one of the most dominant and impressive single seater seasons this country has seen in a long while)......

As I am some sort of “small minded armchair racer who has no idea on what is going on” perhaps Fabian is some sort of “small minded armchair lawyer who has no idea on what is going on”...
And as Fabian and Family once “had a problem” and “took it on the chin” and were allowed to move on without it being commented on by unrelated parties perhaps SVG has “had a problem” and “took it on the chin” and should be allowed to move on without unrelated parties passing comment long after the fact.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3232316)   #39
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
He was probably asked? the interview suggested that.

and like you he has an opinion. which seems to be that he didnt appreciate being lied to by the Giz.

From a fan point of view (of those that feel put out). The giz just needed to make some sort of apologies and we could move on. But he hasnt. he just chooses to clam up like he did in the interview. He has let a simple problem fester
Just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean you should voice it (me included on that... hopefully the “red herring” has served its purpose on that matter).

Fair enough, cane the guy who ran you off the road, blast the guy who baulked your hot lap.... but much like JW v Monster, C Lowndes v N Lowndes there are probably a whole host of other things we don’t hear drivers commenting on.. and there’s probably a reason for that....

I hear what you’re saying about the apologies, however I imagine a “sorry” would be somewhat of an admission of guilt.... which obviously has legal ramifications.

As for clamming up, for starters he’s never been the most comfortable guy in an interview situation (read: for a professional sportsman he is embarrassingly bad in front of an interviewer) and in this particular interview he’d just been served up by a guy who had also just said they “get along”...... Put Usain Bolt on Ice Skates and make him dizzy, I can assure you he ain’t going to break the record for the 100m sprint.

Much like the track, drivers can give each other racing room in interviews.... Fabian essentially walled SVG with his comments, so I’m calling d**k move.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3232322)   #40
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ever thought that they might be trying to talk it up just like big time wrestling just to sell tickets at the gate?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3232328)   #41
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Ever thought that they might be trying to talk it up just like big time wrestling just to sell tickets at the gate?
and the guy with the white hat, now has a black hat on. Its crossed my mind also
Old 11 Apr 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3232331)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean you should voice it (me included on that... hopefully the “red herring” has served its purpose on that matter).

Fair enough, cane the guy who ran you off the road, blast the guy who baulked your hot lap.... but much like JW v Monster, C Lowndes v N Lowndes there are probably a whole host of other things we don’t hear drivers commenting on.. and there’s probably a reason for that....

I hear what you’re saying about the apologies, however I imagine a “sorry” would be somewhat of an admission of guilt.... which obviously has legal ramifications.

As for clamming up, for starters he’s never been the most comfortable guy in an interview situation (read: for a professional sportsman he is embarrassingly bad in front of an interviewer) and in this particular interview he’d just been served up by a guy who had also just said they “get along”...... Put Usain Bolt on Ice Skates and make him dizzy, I can assure you he ain’t going to break the record for the 100m sprint.

Much like the track, drivers can give each other racing room in interviews.... Fabian essentially walled SVG with his comments, so I’m calling d**k move.
So why is coulthard not allowed to give his opinion when asked, an opinion that is shared by many of the gizs fans and ex fans?

You called it a "d**k move" but walling drivers with comments is not a new thing. Its been a common thing. happens all the time. Some would argue its part of the game, get under there skin, remind them that they are a dirty driver off the track.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3232352)   #43
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
So why is coulthard not allowed to give his opinion when asked, an opinion that is shared by many of the gizs fans and ex fans?

You called it a "d**k move" but walling drivers with comments is not a new thing. Its been a common thing. happens all the time. Some would argue its part of the game, get under there skin, remind them that they are a dirty driver off the track.
Never said he wasn't (not that it's my place to say what anyone can and can't do)....

Differences is Giz and ex Giz fans are:
A) Fans.... and being fans they tend to buy into the hype/myth/legend.... So it's logical that they would be a little upset if they believe their hero/idol lied to them
B) They aren't doing it in the media.... If Bevan tells his son that SVG is liar a tumbleweed passes by and the world stays just the way it was.

And yes, you are spot on... "walling drivers" with comments certainly isn't new and I agree wholeheartedly with you, it certainly is part of the game....
Much like "walling drivers" in the on-track sense, there's a fine line good ol' fashion rubbin' and serving someone into a wall..... IMO, Fabian's move was a pretty blatant serve....

Why he felt he needed to do it, I dunno.... Maybe it's jealousy?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3232363)   #44
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Chappelli;3232309
As I am some sort of “small minded armchair racer who has no idea on what is going on” perhaps Fabian is some sort of “small minded armchair lawyer who has no idea on what is going on”...
And as Fabian and Family once “had a problem” and “took it on the chin” and were allowed to move on without it being commented on by unrelated parties perhaps SVG has “had a problem” and “took it on the chin” and should be allowed to move on without unrelated parties passing comment long after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Chapelli, whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, as much as everyone is entitled to agree or disagree, the difference is, apart from a one race DQ, any other opinions you have regarding FC cheating are more than opinion, they are baseless accusation.

FC's comments are based on the same facts that has been made public, backed up with his opinion, and had the balls to voice it in from of SVG. Love it or hate him, that deserves respect..
Old 11 Apr 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3232368)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Never said he wasn't (not that it's my place to say what anyone can and can't do)....

Differences is Giz and ex Giz fans are:
A) Fans.... and being fans they tend to buy into the hype/myth/legend.... So it's logical that they would be a little upset if they believe their hero/idol lied to them
B) They aren't doing it in the media.... If Bevan tells his son that SVG is liar a tumbleweed passes by and the world stays just the way it was.

And yes, you are spot on... "walling drivers" with comments certainly isn't new and I agree wholeheartedly with you, it certainly is part of the game....
Much like "walling drivers" in the on-track sense, there's a fine line good ol' fashion rubbin' and serving someone into a wall..... IMO, Fabian's move was a pretty blatant serve....

Why he felt he needed to do it, I dunno.... Maybe it's jealousy?
V8S have declared that there is nothing wrong with a blatant serve if the driver is blatantly blocking. Serve like a fair serve from where i am sitting.

The giz lied to the public, he can reap the repercussions in the public

Maybe he feels the need to do it because the Giz lied to him and now he wont even apologies. Fair enough I say. Well within his rights to respond when asked. Why would anyone want to take away that right.

Oh and as Southern man hinted at. Game on.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3232413)   #46
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe FC should publish a book, he could title it How to win friends and influence people. FC had already made comment in the press, but to repeat them in that interview with SVG sitting at the same table was a low shot. A fellow Kiwi and at the New Zealand round of the SCs, stupid. I do remember a story I was told about FC in his open wheeler days, the guy is no saint. Sneaky and dirty could be another book title. I listened to the Lowndes interview this morning when he was asked about SVG. Craig was a lot more professional.

Last edited by Jerico; 11 Apr 2013 at 10:33.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3232418)   #47
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The giz lied to the public, he can reap the repercussions in the public
But again, is it lying or is it simply bad PR? Giz stated in the Adelaide interview that the Stones were the ones who concocted the "I want a break" narrative. Him being told what to say to the media by superiors sounds much more like text-book public relations and media spin than any form of conscious lying on his part.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3232423)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
[QUOTE=HProject;3232418]But again, is it lying or is it simply bad PR? Giz stated in the Adelaide interview that the Stones were the ones who concocted the "I want a break" narrative. Him being told what to say to the media by superiors sounds much more like text-book public relations and media spin than any form of conscious lying on his part.[/QUOTE

Why would you even bother to defend this
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3232432)   #49
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why would you even bother to defend this
Because I believe it? I dunno. Why does anyone ever bother to defend anything

Mark Petch implied in another thread that Stone Brothers sold the team without Shane's knowledge, after he had signed the contract extension. I would assume that Petch would have received that information from either Shane himself or his Father - considering their involvement in the SuperTourers. If what he said is to be believed then I would say that the Stones did just as much of a dirty on Shane as he did on them.

On the flip-side, we're talking about pixels on a forum - not the most believable source of information on the Earths surface.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3232433)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
c
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Because I believe it? I dunno. Why does anyone ever bother to defend anything

Mark Petch implied in another thread that Stone Brothers sold the team without Shane's knowledge, after he had signed the contract extension. I would assume that Petch would have received that information from either Shane himself or his Father - considering their involvement in the SuperTourers. If what he said is to be believed then I would say that the Stones did just as much of a dirty on Shane as he did on them.

On the flip-side, we're talking about pixels on a forum - not the most believable source of information on the Earths surface.
Fabian coulthard heard what the giz had to say too. he said he was a liar to his face..

Now who are you going to believe

if the Erebus deal was an issue why not say that when he left. why make up untruths

Last edited by peckstar; 11 Apr 2013 at 10:58.
Closed Thread