Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4089215)   #26
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Congrats to Max!

Lewis will be back.

Max' first title won in an odd fashion....reminds me of lewis' first title win at Brazil all those years ago.

Fitting that again a strong post race image will be of the protagonists' dads.

History always seems to repeat in interesting ways. Wonder if in 13 years from now what other records Max will have?
There were a few similarities with Lewis' 1st title winning season with final race victory, albeit much less controversy with the Glock pass but still many complaints about Lewis' aggressive driving during the season. I'm sure Max will settle as Lewis did now the monkey is off his back.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4089216)   #27
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not really, it wasn't even that fair.
It was decided by giving the advantage to the driver who was behind on the day. Somehow, even worse than a toss of the coin.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4089217)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To the driver who had actually been well beaten on the day. A toss of a coin with two tails. Max called tails......
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4089343)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Yes!
Old 13 Dec 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4089372)   #30
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max Verstappen is a worthy champion, and congratulations to him. Well done.

The way he won was not worthy, though, but no blame on him for that.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 02:13 (Ref:4089462)   #31
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
It's kind of weird how you end up remembering random moments when topical?

There used to be the Magazine, F1 Racing? swear there was an article announcing Jos and his wife were having a baby. Verstappen's mother is name Sophie, and she has black hair?
Old 14 Dec 2021, 03:28 (Ref:4089475)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve moved some of the race discussion posts to that thread.

This one is specifically for celebrating Max’s world championship.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 03:39 (Ref:4089479)   #33
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve moved some of the race discussion posts to that thread.

This one is specifically for celebrating Max’s world championship.
Thanks Adam. I tried to edit my post a little while ago to suggest the above but the time had run out.

Well done to Max! His achievement does indeed deserves its own thread separate from the controversy.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 05:44 (Ref:4089496)   #34
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure we can all agree how impressive it is that Max finished in the top 2 on a whopping 18 occasions - the most in a single season in F1 history.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4089546)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I'm sure we can all agree how impressive it is that Max finished in the top 2 on a whopping 18 occasions - the most in a single season in F1 history.
Yes, that is indeed very impressive.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4089566)   #36
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Impressive, no doubt. As impressive from Honda/ Red Bull as it is from Max himself. Could anyone imagine their reliability would be this strong? certianly not me.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4089812)   #37
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I think it is good that we have a new champion and a young one as well as it will bring new watchers. At any time when there has been a dominant winner the interest has dropped off. We have some quick young drivers coming through and that is good for the sport. I would hope that George and Lando will be up at the top next year as well. I would like to see lewis retire and devote himself to his good causes.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4089820)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think Lewis will carry on. I think he really wants to break Schuey's record. I don't blame him for that. I think he'll also be keen to show Max that he doesn't rule the roost just because he won this year's WDC. As most agree though, what we want most of all is for the other super promising young drivers to be able to step up and really give Max and Lewis something to think about.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4089827)   #39
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Certainly very impressive but to put it in context how many previous seasons have had at least 22 rounds?
Old 15 Dec 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4089828)   #40
Derwent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Certainly very impressive but to put it in context how many previous seasons have had at least 22 rounds?
What was Lewis's statistics in comparison?
Old 15 Dec 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4089855)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
What was Lewis's statistics in comparison?
17 for this year.

If you do it by percentage to balance out number of races, then

Max - 81%
Lewis - 77%

2002 Schumacher - 100%
2011 Vettel - 89%
2011 Lewis - 89%
Old 15 Dec 2021, 22:53 (Ref:4089967)   #42
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I did say top 2 finishes not podiums
Old 15 Dec 2021, 23:07 (Ref:4089971)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So another way to look at it. How many times was a driver not in the top 2?

2021 MV 4
2015 LH 3
2011 SV 3
2004 MS 3
2002 MS 1
2001 MS 3

However you stack it up, a very impressive season (for a driver). Almost one of the best, and still took 22 rounds to be decided.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4089979)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice interview with Max:

https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...170283020?s=21
Old 16 Dec 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4090103)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Max has now been confirmed champion. He always had the talent to do it and he should have the talent for more. But there are now others who are on the way up who could make his job harder. The likes of Russell, Norris, Sainz and Leclerc are all going to be determined to get that title. Exciting times ahead and proof we don't need unnecessary meddling in the title
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4090242)   #46
Derwent
Racer

I think it was a poor show (unsporting) that Lewis and Toto did not attend the FIA Awards Night. it shows a lack of respect in no doubt trying to make a point but it will back fire. Mind you Lewis does have a habit of not going to awards nights which I find disappointing.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4090256)   #47
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I think it was a poor show (unsporting) that Lewis and Toto did not attend the FIA Awards Night. it shows a lack of respect in no doubt trying to make a point but it will back fire. Mind you Lewis does have a habit of not going to awards nights which I find disappointing.
In principle I (slightly) agree with you, but I also think that Lewis (and his Dad) showed great class and a good sporting attitude by both openly congratulating Max, his Dad and Christian Horner as shown on the TV coverage.
To be fair, I think they also have every reason for showing their displeasure with The FIA with what has happened, and by simply not attending the ceremony was a good way of showing this, and far better than damning them to the press.
(Plus, I think that Sir Lewis has been rather busy this week accepting his Knighthood from Prince Charles...)
Old 17 Dec 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4090270)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it had been me, losing the WDC in that manner, I doubt that I would have graced the Awards Night with my presence. Had it been fairly won by Max, that would be different. Dissatisfaction needs to be registered sometimes and I see nothing unsporting about it, bearing in mind the context.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4090271)   #49
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Please let’s not make this thread another discussion about Hamilton.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4090278)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair comment.....