Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:16 (Ref:237465)   #26
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Michael Schumacher only did what any other good driver would do. The "chop" was legal and he held his position.

Go Schumi !!!

Old 17 Mar 2002, 15:21 (Ref:237497)   #27
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that french judge from the olympics pair skating in on the decision to penalise JPM?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 15:29 (Ref:237502)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accomplice
It was Jerez re-visited. Didn't look to me like his car understeered, more like not enough streering input from the driver.
I don't think so. This is a totally ridiculous and hysterical assumption based on nothing. The Ferrari understeered, that's all, and there is insufficient video footage to show exactly what happened. An overhead shot would have been nice, but this was cut before it showed what happened at the corner.
I had vowed never to revisit Jerez again, but I must say this post by The Accomplice is outrageously dumb.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 15:33 (Ref:237503)   #29
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

But, of course, if he touched another driver, it would be their fault for not moving out of his way, when he clearly swerved towards them....

Just like how all TGF fans still blame Damon Hill for Adelaide 1994. (Just thought I'm open this can of worms. I'm evil!)

Your "Evil".....naw...just right on the button.

TGF just let his car drift hopping to push JPM off the track as usual.

We saw the result last week, when a drive like Rubbens start using the same tactics.....It's time that he was penalized for his actions....any other driver would have been banned by now....
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:37 (Ref:237549)   #30
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh for heaven's sake, some people's posts in this topic are immature and, frankly, a joke.

I'm no Schumacher fan but how was what he did in any way a) dangerous b) illegal??

What do you want drivers to do?? Neatly single file, two at a time into the first corner?? It's caled racing.

TGF got a bad start and chopped accross. Which is what any driver SHOULD do. Grow up. Go outside. It's sunny!!

(however, I should point out that JPM's drive through was a disgrace. The FIA is only provoking the frankly WRONG views of several posters in this topic by taking this action)
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:51 (Ref:237569)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

TGF got a bad start and chopped accross. Which is what any driver SHOULD do. Grow up. Go outside. It's sunny!!

does this mean that tgf makes a bad start every race? maybe ferrari should hire renaults launch control guy!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:52 (Ref:237571)   #32
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Grow up. Go outside. It's sunny!!
No, it's not where I am - it's 'flippin' dreadful'

- like Michael Shoeknackered's attitude, driving, arrogance and 'always blame the other bloke' delusion.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:57 (Ref:237578)   #33
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Accomplice

"It was Jerez re-visited."

Deliberate, but instinctual."
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:237582)   #34
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
It won't be long before TGF causes a massive accident up against the pit wall with his start technique.
"Deliberate, but instinctual."
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:237583)   #35
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tristan , I dont think is just about THE CHOP that gets up peoples noses , it more the fact that TGF seems to think he's got a set of rules that only belong to him . He is the first one to slag someone off when he believes that they did something not correct , just like Canada 99 ? with Damon .. ,

first of all , the penaltly for Juan was ridiculous , and second It seems whatever TGF does wrong ( ie todays 1st corner contact ) he never gets punished properly ! , ok so not too many people want to keep on about Jerez 97 and thats fair enough , BUT if TGF had been punished properly back then with a penalty that really matched the crime , It might of affected his thinking in situations like today .

I am all for close racing , but i dont want to see Him just race in F1 by his own set of rules.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 17:00 (Ref:237584)   #36
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr v

"if tgf didn't make that 1 LEGAL move,"

Ther swerve is NOT legal according to the written FIA rules. It is outlawed under "manuvers liable to hinder other drivers. Read it. Or, show me where this silly "one move" is allowed. Written FIA rules only, please.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 17:01 (Ref:237585)   #37
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Re: Micheal races dirty as usual !!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sato san

"rather than be passed by the columbian its easier to try and take him out ."

Deliberate, but instinctual.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 17:05 (Ref:237587)   #38
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats right. Its just something that he thinks is ok to do to minimize the points deficit that he's going to lose.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 17:23 (Ref:237600)   #39
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: Micheal races dirty as usual !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Deliberate, but instinctual.
I think you have a new signature!

Honestly, I think you are correct. its too early in the season to resort to outright aggression on the track-its usually saved until the WDC is at stake.

Honestly though, TGF has pushed the limits of what's acceptable under the rules. As he stated in the Press Conference, its time for some conssitency. But does he realize he's setting himself up for scrutiny under the same rules?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:22 (Ref:237722)   #40
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'if youve been involved in an accident at work and it wasnt your fault call claims direct' alternatively wear red and ensure that the sun does shine directly out of your........
well anyway it was a shocking decision to penalise montoya, the incident at the first corner was nobodys fault, however schum should be penalised for his chop
Old 17 Mar 2002, 23:06 (Ref:237877)   #41
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schupunter does it again! This time he trips himself up so to even it out 'they' penalize the the puntee who was clearly ahead-look at the wheels in the incident-to make 'somebody' happy. I'm not sure I care to watch this stuff if this is how things go down.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 07:18 (Ref:238133)   #42
n2fires
Rookie

n2fires should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did JPM not do the same thing to MS at a race last year? I think I remember a similar situation when the roles were reversed and MS went onto the grass to avoid contact. I have slept since then so I may be mistaken.
Anyone remember this?
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:46 (Ref:238192)   #43
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by n2fires
Did JPM not do the same thing to MS at a race last year? I think I remember a similar situation when the roles were reversed and MS went onto the grass to avoid contact. I have slept since then so I may be mistaken.
Anyone remember this?
[/QUOT

yeah, i remember. the difference with that situation{correct me if i'm wrong}is that MS was not ahead of montoya when that situation arose. he simply outbraked himself.
another similar incident that everyone conveniantly forgets is argentina 98 when his front wheel hit the back of DC's car on the EXIT of the corner, dropping DC back many places.{MS was on the inside}.
no penalty there!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 18 Mar 2002, 15:57 (Ref:238461)   #44
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by calais

yeah, i remember. the difference with that situation is that MS was not ahead of montoya when that situation arose. he simply outbraked himself."

And also remember that Montoya was locked up and could not turn. Some have speculated that schumacher just didn't bother to turn sunday, and it did look to me like his front wheels were almost straight. Also, yesterday's collision was almost at the exit of the corner. I believe that schumacher sliding out into Montoya is covered unter this FIA rule;

"crowding of cars towards the inside or the outside of the curve or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited and shall be penalised,"

"argentina 98 when his front wheel hit the back of DC's car on the EXIT of the corner, dropping DC back many places.{MS was on the inside}. No penalty there!!!!!!!"

Well, no matter what Schumacher does, the TFG always has defenders. If he is ahead, they say the leader has the road. If he is behind, they say the guy in front shouldn't close the door. None of these things is actually in the rulebook. Funny how Schumacher fans steadfastly refuse to address each incident based on the written rules. They are just like TFG in that the rules only apply to the other guys.

The schumacher fans will say anything to defend him. It never seems to matter to them if it is true.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:38 (Ref:238483)   #45
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dr Austin ., that is so true , even his fans believe he has got the right to race to a different set of rules.
It gets right up my nose , and i cant wait for him to be pressured into these bad sportsman like errors every race by Juan Pablo . I bet Juan is laughing at him , because it is so early in the season , and TGF is rattled already !
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:39 (Ref:238484)   #46
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher described his collision with Juan-Pablo Montoya today as 'racing' and questioned why the Colombian was penalised for his actions, saying the rules on drive through penalties should be more consistent.

Schumacher from pole position raced with Montoya to the right-handed first corner, moved across to get the optimal inside line but Montoya stood firm and there was contact. Montoya dropped to 11th because of the altercation while Schumacher broke a wing and had to pit for repairs.

'Maybe Juan could have given me more room, but he chose not to and we just touched - that's racing,' said Schumacher. 'It was only a little touch, but I had to pit to change the front wing.

'As for the rules regarding penalties, I think they should be made more consistent, although that might be difficult to achieve.'
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:52 (Ref:238498)   #47
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dman007

"Schumacher from pole position raced with Montoya to the right-handed first corner, moved across to get the optimal inside line but Montoya stood firm and there was contact."

Schumacher had already swerved the entire width of the race track to the extreme right side of the racing surface. The optimum placement for entry to the turn was to the left, to which Monty gave him some room. Schumacher's had already chosen to go to the right,and Montoya placed his car to the left of Schumacher, making it impossible for him to move back without a collision. This forced Schumacher to pay for his swerve because he had to enter on the extreme inside. It is no wonder the car wouldn't turn. He could have slowed down and not lost front end grip, but he went in too hard trying to outbrake Monty on the tigher, dirtier line.

Schumacher just made a little mistake, which I would normally give anyone, except Schumacher has already been thrown out of the world championship once for dirty tricks. I don't believe he deserves the benifit of the doubt anymore.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:00 (Ref:238506)   #48
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having forced Montoya to run wide I think Schumacher should have tucked in tight behind and tried to get under him in turn two. Conversely Montoya might just as easily have allowed Schumacher to squeeze through and then made him pay for being off-line at turn 2. Added to which they both know that first corner advantage will mean almost nothing 56 laps later.

So - it all boils down to posturing for top-dog status. Montoya only needs to do the same about another fifty times to earn the same respect that Schumi currently enjoys!
Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:08 (Ref:238513)   #49
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i think most people have already got more respect than TGF has ever had. , but thats a good point about had TGF used his head , and taken 2nd place into turn 1 and had a lunge into turn 2 . But he didnt use his head , he used his right foot , and planted his car into the side of Montys car in the hope that he would achieve his goal of Putting Montoya off the track or out altogether.

As Dr Austin says , 2 I don't believe he deserves the benifit of the doubt anymore " and i totally agree with that.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:09 (Ref:238514)   #50
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Glen

"Montoya only needs to do the same about another fifty times to earn the same respect that Schumi currently enjoys!"

Or he can get himself thrown out of the championship for dirty driving. then he will have every bit as much respect as Schumacher.

all you ever need to know about Schumacher are his very own words; "DELIBERATE, BUT INSTINCTUAL."